Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock (19513 Views)

Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term - Oko Enya Tells NASS, Attorney-General / Churches, Mosques: Buhari, Governors Strike 5-Point Deal / Charles Oko Enya: Allow Buhari, Governors For Third Term (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by mydavidorf: 9:38am On Nov 20, 2018
If it's to increase the salaries of Governor's and Assembly members there will be no deadlock. Our political leaders are Worst than the devil
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by loomer: 9:41am On Nov 20, 2018
agarawu23:
Yet stupid lawmakers earn millions monthly doing rubbish and looting the nation.

30k isn't up to 100$. Fvck this country angry

I still no know why military never take over the country
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Chidimba: 9:42am On Nov 20, 2018
It's a pain to pay minimum of 30000 naira per month, while, governors, senators, presidents, law makers earn millions in the same month. SMH
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by nifty60(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2018
Toseenlove:

This is what i'm looking forward to, not all this nonsense athiefkulating or buharishits, They are all the same. We need to Kill them All. Nigerians are the most useless hypocrites In the whole universe. Something like this will never happen anytime soon.
Don't mind them.
Sai Baba = Atikulating but some people are still foolish

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by BAZETU12: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2018
Buhari is working

Still available iPhone 5c with 16gig working perfectly with out any problems call me ‭‭+234 812 615 7979‬‬ or WhatsApp 09093487198 I'm living in IBADAN

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Toseenlove: 9:44am On Nov 20, 2018
nifty60:

With the way Nigeria is going. Nigerians can vote out a performing leader for one who will share #1000 during elections.

Honestly u nailed it. You saw that idiot who quoted me up there are part of the serious problems we have in this nation.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by nifty60(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2018
theoldpretender:

No ,just being realistic.

At the moment, we need oil to be at $140 per barrel to get a budget that we can balance well well.

And since we are not there,plus we are paying the debt from the loans we have had to take due to previous drops in the oil price....I doubt we can pay increased salaries....EVEN if we (And by the way,I think that governors and senators should have their salaries cut)...cut the salaries of the elite.

You want arich and prosperous economy.....then make it easier for investment to occur in your country...so that the heavy tax bill pays for salary increases. And get off oil.
No you are not being realistic but u have been fooled. For a nation like Nigeria to be arguing over a minimum wage below $100 is pathetic. If one politician could be looting billions of naira tell me why our civil servants shouldn't be on a minimum wage of #100,000.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by theoldpretender(m): 9:58am On Nov 20, 2018
nifty60:

No you are not being realistic but u have been fooled. For a nation like Nigeria to be arguing over a minimum wage below $100 is pathetic. If one politician could be looting billions of naira tell me why our civil servants shouldn't be on a minimum wage of #100,000.

As I said...we are not earning enough money...that's why the looting is very very painful...because it is like thieves are stealing from a man with just N200 in his wallet.

(And when many of those Nigerians either back the self same looters....or back polices that encourage looting like the subsidy thing....it is difficult to fight looting).

Thing we need to do....remove fuel subsidy to encourage investment in oil and gas sector, which means more jobs. Redierect subsidy savings to power and transport...which attracts more investors. Liberalise the power sector...which attracts more investment and jobs.....and within 20 years we will be able to afford a minimum wage of N100000.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by agarawu23(m): 9:59am On Nov 20, 2018
loomer:

I still no know why military never take over the country
even the military are corrupt too
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by engrsyer(m): 10:07am On Nov 20, 2018
alphonsojaybaz:
₦30,000 MINIMUM WAGE: BUHARI, GOVERNORS’ MEETING ENDS IN DEADLOCK
source: http://www.eyesoflagos.com/2018/11/30000-minimum-wage-buhari-governors.html

A meeting between President Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Governor’s Forum to resolve the raging dispute over the proposed N30,000 National Minimum Wage ended in a deadlock on Monday in Abuja.

The meeting took place at the Presidential Villa.

The Chairman of the NGF, and Governor of Zamfara State, Mr Abdulazeez Yari, led a smaller team of governors to the meeting to speak for the Forum.

Eyes Of Lagos gathered that, Those at the meeting included Lagos State Governor, Akinwumi Ambode; Kebbi State Governor, Mr Atiku Bagudu; and the Enugu State Governor, Mr Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

The Minister of Labour and Employment, Senator Chris Ngige, was also at the meeting.

Recall that the majority of the 36 state governors had maintained that they could only afford to pay N22,500 as the NMW.

They had also stated that the other options were for them to reduce their workforce or the Federal Government would have to review the revenue sharing formula to make more money available to the states.

The Ekiti State Governor, Mr Kayode Fayemi, is one of the key proponents of a revenue formula review.

Signs of a deadlock at the meeting was noticed when the governors emerged wearing long faces and refused to formally address State House correspondents.

One after another, Yari and his colleagues declined to talk.

Similarly, the President’s Media Office, which earlier promised to brief reporters on the outcome of the meeting, also kept mum after the meeting.

As of the time of filing this report, the media office had yet to respond to any inquiries.

However, findings indicated that pressure was put on the governors to move up to N24,000, a middle course the federal government was said to be disposed to as the NMW.
When we choose not to practice what is called Federal System of Government where states control their resources and pay tax to the centre, that's how we'll keep fumbling ourselves.

The state governors may not be far from the truth that they can't able to pay the N30,000 because all states are not economically buoyant when compared to some and that's where Federalism comes in for them to decides for their selves.

Since the Centre(Abuja) said they want to hold everything to their selves then all states including FG must pay the agreed N30,000 minimum else the national strike must resume.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by loomer: 10:11am On Nov 20, 2018
agarawu23:
even the military are corrupt too

na cos this useless politicians never get arrested and shot by firing squad
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Toseenlove: 10:12am On Nov 20, 2018
theoldpretender:

As I said...we are not earning enough money...that's why the looting is very very painful...because it is like thieves are stealing from a man with just N200 in his wallet.

(And when many of those Nigerians either back the self same looters....or back polices that encourage looting like the subsidy thing....it is difficult to fight looting).

Thing we need to do....remove fuel subsidy to encourage investment in oil and gas sector, which means more jobs. Redierect subsidy savings to power and transport...which attracts more investors. Liberalise the power sector...which attracts more investment and jobs.....and within 20 years we will be able to afford a minimum wage of N100000.

Story story story, Once upon a time....
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by agarawu23(m): 10:25am On Nov 20, 2018
loomer:

na cos this useless politicians never get arrested and shot by firing squad
nigeria will be better when we start practicing corruption law like Asian country
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by zoedew: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2018
Waste of time. Nigeria is a Federating Country. It follows that each Federating State should pay as it is able.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2018
last last, they will settle for N25,000
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by zoedew: 10:31am On Nov 20, 2018
BAZETU12:
Buhari is working

Still available iPhone 5c with 16gig working perfectly with out any problems call me ‭‭+234 812 615 7979‬‬ or WhatsApp 09093487198 I'm living in IBADAN

This must be a minimum wage phone! I guess that’s why it’s here of all places!!
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by EPIJOE: 10:40am On Nov 20, 2018
sureheaven:
Governors, Senators and Reps are the real problem facing the nation.

I will advice labor to keep to their stand. Anything less than 30k shld not be accepted and if it will be accepted, with serious conditions.
(1) the price of petrol shld reduce to 100 per liter
(2) the price of rice shld reduce to 9000
(3) free education for public school.
(4) students shld write free waec and neco
(5) workers shld have insurance card for free medical for them and their immediate relatives.
Governors shld be stripped of security votes

Senators, reps and state of assembly shld reduce their salaries and other allowances by 60%.

Meeting these conditions, labor shld accept the 24k

THIS WAS WHAT I WAS EXPECTING FROM THE NLC TO ACT UPON. WE WOULD ALL JOIN IN THE STRIKE.

AND IF POSSIBLE REVOLUTION
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Slazim: 10:44am On Nov 20, 2018
swiz123:
Logically thinking, I don't think the governors can afford to pay 30k minimum wage with the same old revenue allocation formula.

A new revenue formula should be drafted.
The question is how much revenue do they generate? It wouldn't be fair to collect tax payers money from regions where tax is been paid and shared evenly.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Yomboy4ever(m): 11:02am On Nov 20, 2018
swiz123:
Logically thinking, I don't think the governors can afford to pay 30k minimum wage with the same old revenue allocation formula.

A new revenue formula should be drafted.

I dis agree, even after what u suggested some of thw governors will not pay. NLC should go all strike, force the stupid executive and the law makers to cut their salaries. 60k minimum wage is achievable..
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by simplesearch: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2018
What if all workers are drafted under the federal government salary structure since so much power is concentrated at the centre already, in other word FG takes care of salary of all Nigeria workers while states and LG concentrate on basic development with whatever allocation is accruable to them, that said no SG can thereafter claim to be financially incapacitated.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Enemyofpeace: 12:16pm On Nov 20, 2018
Selfish leaders

Please ooo
To have Sex before marriage
Is it a sim
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Enemyofpeace: 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
BAZETU12:
Buhari is working

how much?
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by delkuf(m): 12:17pm On Nov 20, 2018
why can't buhari increase the allocation to each states. this buhari Na baba earth worm
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by BAZETU12: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
Enemyofpeace:
how much?

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by Enemyofpeace: 2:32pm On Nov 20, 2018
BAZETU12:

you gree 3k or 5k for two cash down
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by DavIkenna(m): 3:18pm On Nov 20, 2018
Why is this an issue closing up to next election. Why wasn't this treated 1st of 2nd yr of apc tenor?
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage: Buhari, Governors’ Meeting Ends In Deadlock by loomer: 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2018
agarawu23:
nigeria will be better when we start practicing corruption law like Asian country

na military fit impose the law na.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

No Certificate Of Return To Candidates Declared Winner Under Duress. - INEC / Buhari, Osinbajo, Others To Attend Governor Uzodinma's One Year Anniversary / Kano-Maradi Rail: Amaechi Visits Major Mota-Engil Rail Site In Portugal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.