Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,052 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal (684 Views)

Bewaji Folashade Buys A New Car. Her First Major Achievement In 2020 / I Never Sign A Label Deal With Kizz Daniel - Demmie Vee Apologies to Kizz Daniel / Tiwa Savage Signs First Endorsement Deal For 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal by kingharzy: 9:20am On Nov 20, 2018
Taylor Swift has signed a new record deal with Universal Music and it's her first signing with a major label.
Everything she's released so far in her career has been on independent country label, Big Machine, who she signed with when she was just 14-years-old.
Now 28, Taylor will release her music across the world through Universal Music Group.
She announced her new deal with a photo of herself with Universal bosses Lucian Grange and Monte Lipman.
Part of her new deal means Taylor will own all of the music she records, which will mean she earns more money from sales and streams of her albums.

Re: Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal by kingharzy: 9:22am On Nov 20, 2018
She has also persuaded Universal to agree to repay their artists with any money they make from streams on Spotify.
In 2015 she helped persuade Apple Music to change how they pay artists.
"As part of my new contract with Universal Music Group, I asked that any sale of their Spotify shares result in a distribution of money to their artists," she wrote on Instagram.
"They have generously agreed to this, at what they believe will be much better terms than paid out previously by other major labels.
"I see this as a sign that we are headed towards positive change for creators - a goal I'm never going to stop trying to help achieve."
Source: www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-46267048
Cc:
Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

Re: Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal by Nobody: 8:01am On Aug 22, 2020
kingharzy:
Taylor Swift has signed a new record deal with Universal Music and it's her first signing with a major label.
Everything she's released so far in her career has been on independent country label, Big Machine, who she signed with when she was just 14-years-old.
Now 28, Taylor will release her music across the world through Universal Music Group.
She announced her new deal with a photo of herself with Universal bosses Lucian Grange and Monte Lipman.
Part of her new deal means Taylor will own all of the music she records, which will mean she earns more money from sales and streams of her albums.

Boss I fit ask u a question pls
Re: Taylor Swift Signs First Major Label Deal by kingharzy: 1:03pm On Aug 24, 2020
Pimpmaride:

Boss I fit ask u a question pls
Shoot!!!

(1) (Reply)

"When business meets Nolywood" Actor Rmd Pose With Otedola / Forbes Releases list of Top ten Richest African Musicians In 2018 / Offset Crashes Cardib’s Set To Apologize In Person On Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.