Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil - Jobs/Vacancies (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil (335703 Views)

Exxonmobil Graduate Engineer Trainee / Latest Job Openings At Exxonmobil Entry Level / Latest Job Recruitment At Exxonmobil 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by sisichels(f): 7:50am On May 27, 2019
@datascience
datascience:
You would think exxon is transparent until you get to interview stage

Why would you say so
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 7:51am On May 27, 2019
sisichels:
@datascience

Why would you say so

£
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by airsaylongcon: 7:54am On May 27, 2019
datascience:
!

Lol. Come and clarify your original post. Speak in riddles if you have to. For a MNC IOC I'd expect their recruitment process to be squeaky clean. So I'm sort of taken aback by your statement of it being murky
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 7:57am On May 27, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Lol. Come and clarify your original post. Speak in riddles if you have to. For a MNC IOC I'd expect their recruitment process to be squeaky clean. So I'm sort of taken aback by your statement of it being murky

(...) Did anyone say it was murky?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by ifex370(m): 8:59am On May 27, 2019
datascience:

(...) Did anyone say it was murky?

smiley
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by ExpertNLer: 10:54am On May 27, 2019
Good that you changed the original post you made. Insinuating that the process isn't transparent is questionable
datascience:
!
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 11:19am On May 27, 2019
ExpertNLer:
Good that you changed the original post you made. Insinuating that the process isn't transparent is questionable

Because some of you will argue what you don't know.
Let's leave that post and move on

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 27, 2019
datascience:

Because some of you will argue what you don't know.
Let's leave that post and move on

Well i know alot of people currently working there now that did not know anyone.

Side note: It may not be fair to make such weighty allegations without atleast substantiating them (even a vague attempt at clarifying would be understood). No one here will argue with the facts. You and i both know that the psychological effect of your earlier statement would linger especially due to your attempt to wave it aside without proof. Do u know how much in millions Dragnet would have billed Exxon?

3 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by ifex370(m): 3:52pm On May 27, 2019
theoptimist298:

Well i know alot of people currently working there now that did not know anyone.

Side note: It may not be fair to make such weighty allegations without atleast substantiating them (even a vague attempt at clarifying would be understood). No one here will argue with the facts. You and i both know that the psychological effect of your earlier statement would linger especially due to your attempt to wave it aside without proof. Do u know how much in millions Dragnet would have billed Exxon?

Oh boy. You sabi English o.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by airsaylongcon: 5:42pm On May 27, 2019
theoptimist298:

Dragnet need to up their software. Imagine writing a CBT exam on a laptop without mouse. You've already lost speed already. Then they don't use a kiosk Web browser at JKK. Just regular Google Chrome. Then they'd tell you to press F11 to go full screen. Put a damn Kiosk Web browser and lock the system down. With a Regular Google Chrome I can just press ESC and do a screen grab to MS Word or Paint, save and sacrifice my place on this one exam. Take the questions home and digest and prepare well for them again. (Given that they didn't secure the test environment I'm assuming they also leave the USB ports functioning for me to save on a low profile flash drive I smuggled in to the venue.)

They also need to up how they import the questions to their CBT software. It was very apparent that they just copied pictures from a PDF file and resized them to fit whatever space was available. So you'd see a question image looking big and the answers so squashed you'd need magnifying glasses to decipher them. Redraw the questions (and answers) on CorelDraw and save them as an svg file which will maintain res olution. Its a lot of work agreed but for a high stakes exam the extra work is needed.

Caveat: I used to deploy CBT software for learning institutions and know he e dey go. Pay well and I'd do a super neat job for you. Pay anyhow and I pump whatever data you give me without doing any quality checks
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 27, 2019
theoptimist298:

Just like I predicted.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by airsaylongcon: 5:54pm On May 27, 2019
datascience:

Just like I predicted.

Ignore. Tint. Close eye. The more you talk/respond to posts about it the longer it lingers here.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 27, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Ignore. Tint. Close eye. The more you talk/respond to posts about it the longer it lingers here.

Abi, you are right cheesy
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 27, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Dragnet need to up their software. Imagine writing a CBT exam on a laptop without mouse. You've already lost speed already. Then they don't use a kiosk Web browser at JKK. Just regular Google Chrome. Then they'd tell you to press F11 to go full screen. Put a damn Kiosk Web browser and lock the system down. With a Regular Google Chrome I can just press ESC and do a screen grab to MS Word or Paint, save and sacrifice my place on this one exam. Take the questions home and digest and prepare well for them again. (Given that they didn't secure the test environment I'm assuming they also leave the USB ports functioning for me to save on a low profile flash drive I smuggled in to the venue.)

They also need to up how they import the questions to their CBT software. It was very apparent that they just copied pictures from a PDF file and resized them to fit whatever space was available. So you'd see a question image looking big and the answers so squashed you'd need magnifying glasses to decipher them. Redraw the questions (and answers) on CorelDraw and save them as an svg file which will maintain res olution. Its a lot of work agreed but for a high stakes exam the extra work is needed.

Caveat: I used to deploy CBT software for learning institutions and know he e dey go. Pay well and I'd do a super neat job for you. Pay anyhow and I pump whatever data you give me without doing any quality checks

Granted, Dragnet is the most useless testing service. I really can’t explain how they are still in business. I’ve not crossed path with them for 4 or 5 years running and i had hoped to keep it so but alas, this is a necessary evil i must face this time. I would’ve expected Exxon to deal with the likes of Shl or even Kenexa and not Dragnet. I won’t be surprised if the dragnet contract was relationship based.

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by fbkhawan(m): 2:19am On May 28, 2019
Have you been able to get in touch with the HR for a change in location?
tshoboy:
Please let me know if you got a Lagos invite. I need the email of the HR that appears after you have selected your time slot.

I already selected a time slot but will like to change location. I am in Abuja for work and realised I could actually have sent an email to try and change the location to Abuja (since tests held in Abuja) instead of gong all the way to Lagos for the interview.

However, I already selected a time slot for Lagos and I can't go back to that page to view the email.

Please let me know so I can PM you.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by fbkhawan(m): 2:29am On May 28, 2019
So I checked the whole thread from a-z, no hint on what to expect at the 1 Hour long Interview Round 1.

Cheiii !!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by tshoboy(m): 5:52am On May 28, 2019
fbkhawan:
Have you been able to get in touch with the HR for a change in location?
Na, I decided not to contact them again. I don’t want to hear story of we will schedule you for another time. I will go to Lagos.
Also, someone said here that the only locations are Lagos and Uyo.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by fbkhawan(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2019
Alright then.

I'm even in Uyo right now, but had no idea there's an interview venue in Uyo (Eket actually) which I could ask for.
I just found out when I saw your message yesterday.

Anyways, we'll meet at Lagos God willing. Have a safe trip when you travel.

By the way, what are we to expect at the interview? No useful info on this thread at all and I spent the whole of last night going through it all.

tshoboy:

Na, I decided not to contact them again. I don’t want to hear story of we will schedule you for another time. I will go to Lagos.
Also, someone said here that the only locations are Lagos and Uyo.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by jobhunter11: 1:23pm On May 28, 2019
some guys feel they are very smart sha, they have information as to how the interview would go but choose not to tell, they would rather keep it to themselves then come here with the intention that a "seemingly stupid" person would spill, thereafter they add that information to what they already have, and they get ahead of the "seemingly stupid guy" una wehdone o

2 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by inibro(m): 1:28pm On May 28, 2019
jobhunter11:
some guys feel they are very smart sha, they have information as to how the interview would go but choose not to tell, they would rather keep it to themselves then come here with the intention that a "seemingly stupid" person would spill, thereafter they add that information to what they already have, and they get ahead of the "seemingly stupid guy" una wehdone o

Baba go and do ur interview if u were invited and stop insinuating what is or was not.

5 Likes

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by bubu18: 2:11pm On May 28, 2019
Abeg tips for the test...those that wrote recently...what advice do you have for those writing the financial analyst test?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by AlienRobot: 2:18pm On May 28, 2019
For past questions and answers on dragnet numerical reasoning, verbal reasonings and abstract reasonings,

Contact us on Alienrobot01@gmail.com
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by faith2ogesco(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2019
jobhunter11:
oga your interview is different from the engineer guys. Yours is 1hr. Grad Engineer was 3hrs. You think it's the same format? If you are told to prep for a and b comes out. You all blame someone.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Mykmykel: 2:28pm On May 28, 2019
Has anyone who wrote the Procurement analyst test in abuja gotten an interview invitation yet?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 2:32pm On May 28, 2019
Mykmykel:
Has anyone who wrote the Procurement analyst test in abuja gotten an interview invitation yet?

From the look of things, I think they're presently handling Lagos and Uyo guys first (I could be wrong).

Let's see if anyone from Abuja says yes!
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by lify44(m): 2:45pm On May 28, 2019
There is a rumor about peoples status changing on the application portal either "application received or under review or something else" my reference is to GT role

Also those who applied for some other roles who did Dragnet GT test b4 seem to receive a mail about their score still been valid- but am perculiar about this clause -" Further details about the recruitment process will be communicated by the client in due course."-any one with useful comments.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by ExpertNLer: 3:08pm On May 28, 2019
those who have done interviews and awaiting feedback have their status as "Application in progress"

for your second question, it means if the candidates score qualifies you to proceed to interviews in the other role, the client (ExxonMobil) will contact the candidate
lify44:
There is a rumor about peoples status changing on the application portal either "application received or under review or something else" my reference is to GT role

Also those who applied for some other roles who did Dragnet GT test b4 seem to receive a mail about their score still been valid- but am perculiar about this clause -" Further details about the recruitment process will be communicated by the client in due course."-any one with useful comments.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 28, 2019
Has anyone got the test invite please?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Burchester: 5:10pm On May 28, 2019
Has anybody from Abuja got a interview invite ?
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by tshoboy(m): 8:03pm On May 28, 2019
bubu18:
Abeg tips for the test...those that wrote recently...what advice do you have for those writing the financial analyst test?
I think the numerical is the trickiest because of time constraints. So google shortcuts for solving SHL questions. You can check GraduateMonkey, they have some. Make sure you attempt all questions because there are no negative marks.
Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Backside1993: 7:01am On May 29, 2019
Has any one gotten invites for the procurement analyst from portharcourt center

1 Like

Re: Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil by Nobleskar(m): 9:34am On May 29, 2019
Please has anyone received the mail for the test location? I have NNPC test to write as well and the location had been shared

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (108) (Reply)

Gtbank Test Of Wednesday 20th June 2012 / Akintola Williams Deloitte Test / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme

Viewing this topic: peter6441(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.