Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England (20633 Views)

Mikel Arteta: Aubameyang Must Commit Future To Arsenal To Remain Captain / Tammy Abraham Snubs Nigeria, Accepts Call Up To Play For England / Ademola Lookman Returns To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Cumtroller: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2018
This is the best decision he will ever make. Never associate yourself with a shithole country - you’ll stink.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 21, 2018
Smart boy
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 21, 2018
africans with no sense
wilfred zaha saido berahino
now both are playing for both ivory coast and burundi respectively

4 Likes

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by OhiOfIhima: 9:53am On Nov 21, 2018
I always want this guy to play for Nigeria, though I wish him all the best...

1 Like

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 21, 2018
Wise I choice.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by PenileFitness: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2018
He should learn from John Fashanu.

#CheckMyProfile
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by justmykel(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2018
His choice... good 4 him
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Tomoyayi(m): 9:59am On Nov 21, 2018
henrydadon:
he was born in England..lived in britain all his life.. his is British..what do yall expect

I tire for dem o, even if He doesn't play for England, the dude is making his money. Nigeria has nothing to offer him.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by carammel(f): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2018
Nice one omo nla.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Adakintroy: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
this one get sense wella

see ehn, if you ever get the opportunity to leave Nigeria, whether legally or illegally, make sure YOU NEVER COME BACK

Take it easy my guy. Learn to respect your country and think positively about it.This is why Trump keep throwing all your asss out. Cus you dont get That they are full and dont need you anymore. They can barely account for their own.

This a young man with the
world at his feet.The cue is too long with england. He has a finer chance with us.

If he show a little promise..England may give him one friendly call up.just to shut out the door against his mother country. In the end he may not play for England or Nigeria. Now is the time for him to take bold step with his international career. It will boost his club profile quicker even.

People like iwobi, balogun, can proudly call themselves world cup veterans. Abraham. That swansea guy, who can barely hold down first team position in sawnsea is still dreaming of playing for enland. I don't know weather he is planning to assassinate kane. All because of wrong advice and false sense of what they are.

Learn to use your opportunity wisely. Nigeria is not such a bad country. We are holding our own. We are regular at the world cup. We are a force to reckon with in this continent among historical nations like egypt, Ethiopia,.etc.

If better minds joint the ranks and follow consistency like the way mikel, musa, ad the likes of balogun are doing. We will dominate Africa and do well the global scene..I am positive about nigeria.

Green white green baby !

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by AgbariOjukwu1: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
lawalosky:
he has made his own decision,

the anus now on super eagles to replace his position.
afonja will remain afonja.
, chameleon nature is in there DNA..
abeggi

Lol, Illiterate IPOB miscreant

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 21, 2018
Will b detested by nigerians. Smh. He's average sef

1 Like

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by chris31(m): 10:02am On Nov 21, 2018
That's his decision u guys should respect it
How do u expect him to cope with African football & also with our dubious way of life someone that have not visited Africa all his life
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by 9gerian: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Dominic Solanke! shocked

Another Nigerian name!!! angry

Trizzi:
Everton youngster, Ademola Lookman, who was born in England to parents from Nigeria, has snubbed his home country to play for the English side.

The young footballer reportedly pledged his future to England after holding face-to-face talks with Under-21 head coach Aidy Boothroyd over stories linking him to Nigeria.

This comes weeks after Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr who is preparing his squad for next summer's Africa Cup of Nations said he 'wanted to change his mind so he can play for us as he will add something to our team'.

England Under-21 head coach Aidy Boothroyd confirmed on Tuesday evening the youngster who was part of the Under-20 squad that won the World Cup in 2017 has pledged his future to his birth country.

"Every time I see him I have a little joke with him about it,' said Boothroyd. 'I say: "Why would you want to leave us?"

'But he's very focused on England – that's what he tells me. He says he wants to play international football for England.'

Speaking Lookman's difficult year after moving to Germany to join RB Leipzig on loan before returning back Everton, Aidy said:

'He's had a tough time of it, but he's been better recently,' said Boothroyd. 'He got himself into a state over summer when he didn't know where he would be playing or if he would be moving or not. Now he has just got his head around the fact that wherever it is he is playing, he has to play well.

'He has told himself "I just have to focus on me" which is right. When you look at Dominic Solanke, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tammy Abraham, Reiss Nelson, Ryan Sessegnon and Ademola, we have some real attacking talent.'

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/everton-youngster-ademola-lookman-snubs.html
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Antoeni(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2018
A Wise child.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Edgarated(m): 10:10am On Nov 21, 2018
The Ameobi brothers comes to mind.
He should know that he might not get up to 20 caps for England.

===========

Are you in Nigeria/London But wants to get things done in Uk?

kindly see this…
https://www.nairaland.com/4815910/nigeria-london-wants-get-things#72605396
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by kingthreat(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2018
We dont want him. This kind of player may just end his international career with only one cap

4 Likes

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Billionaire09: 10:12am On Nov 21, 2018
Don't waste your talents on behalf of the zoo called Nigeria limited.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by madridsta007(m): 10:16am On Nov 21, 2018
Trizzi:
Everton youngster, Ademola Lookman, who was born in England to parents from Nigeria, has snubbed his home country to play for the English side.

The young footballer reportedly pledged his future to England after holding face-to-face talks with Under-21 head coach Aidy Boothroyd over stories linking him to Nigeria.

This comes weeks after Super Eagles coach Gernot Rohr who is preparing his squad for next summer's Africa Cup of Nations said he 'wanted to change his mind so he can play for us as he will add something to our team'.

England Under-21 head coach Aidy Boothroyd confirmed on Tuesday evening the youngster who was part of the Under-20 squad that won the World Cup in 2017 has pledged his future to his birth country.

"Every time I see him I have a little joke with him about it,' said Boothroyd. 'I say: "Why would you want to leave us?"

'But he's very focused on England – that's what he tells me. He says he wants to play international football for England.'

Speaking Lookman's difficult year after moving to Germany to join RB Leipzig on loan before returning back Everton, Aidy said:

'He's had a tough time of it, but he's been better recently,' said Boothroyd. 'He got himself into a state over summer when he didn't know where he would be playing or if he would be moving or not. Now he has just got his head around the fact that wherever it is he is playing, he has to play well.

'He has told himself "I just have to focus on me" which is right. When you look at Dominic Solanke, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Tammy Abraham, Reiss Nelson, Ryan Sessegnon and Ademola, we have some real attacking talent.'

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/everton-youngster-ademola-lookman-snubs.html

Another Agbolanhor and Shola Ameobi.

Boy, bye!

Nigeria is a shithole, but playing for your country is not living in the country. It is where you will reap more rewards than playing for England.

Iwobi is lauded by Arsenal and worldwide and has received endorsements all over because he plays for Nigeria. Tammy Abraham, I am told, regrets choosing England over Nigeria. Who will he bench? Harry Kane? Sterling? Not in a million years.

Again, Lookman will come to regret this decision.

6 Likes

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by LOVEGINO(m): 10:20am On Nov 21, 2018
Oboy run for ur life
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Baron7(m): 10:21am On Nov 21, 2018
Kneephy:
Dele Alli -Yoruba amaka!
Gabby Agbolanhor -Yoruba Amaka
John Fashanu- Yoruba Amaka

This one too Ademola lokman still Yoruba amaka
Never proud of their fatherland!
Did NIGERIA try to make them play for us. Why not call up Ademola wen we had the chance.
Angelo obinze ogbonna IGBO Amaka
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by martineverest(m): 10:33am On Nov 21, 2018
Kneephy:
Dele Alli -Yoruba amaka!
Gabby Agbolanhor -Yoruba Amaka
John Fashanu- Yoruba Amaka

This one too Ademola lokman still Yoruba amaka
Never proud of their fatherland!
agbolahor is edo

1 Like

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by babsy01(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2018
[color=#770077][/color]Where are the likes of agbolaho today am very sure he will end up like him
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by babsy01(m): 10:44am On Nov 21, 2018
Where are the likes of agbolaho today am sure he will end up like him

1 Like

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Platony(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
this one get sense wella

see ehn, if you ever get the opportunity to leave Nigeria, whether legally or illegally, make sure YOU NEVER COME BACK

grin
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Mace0lane: 10:56am On Nov 21, 2018
chucs:
They never learn! The English will use u and dump u at the slightest dip in form. Forget about Dele Ali,when him own start,e go be him like dream,plus he is half british.Go ask Fashanu, Gabby Abolaghor("Agbonlahooor" in English commentator's voice) and Jordan Ibe ( "IB" in English commentator's voice).
They should come here where sentiment will be use to relegate them to the bench ba or is it not the same Eagle that one set won the Nations Cup n got to the second round of the World Cup it was disbanded while the present can not make it out of the group stage at the WC n struggle to qualify for AFCON but was not disbanded.
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by Richy4(m): 11:13am On Nov 21, 2018
When he clocks 29 and they don't need him anymore over there in England.. he will remember Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by IbrahimDamola: 11:13am On Nov 21, 2018
divinecode101:

How does this concern you

It is his life not yours - stop crying more than the bereaved

It is hypocrite like you that have just one-month visiting visa and never comes back to Nigeria. Face your front Mr. Falana! Who will see England and play for a lifeless country like yours??

I thought yorubas love one nigeria and hate kanu and Ipob for wanting to divide it? grin
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by proddey(m): 11:22am On Nov 21, 2018
chucs:
They never learn! The English will use u and dump u at the slightest dip in form. Forget about Dele Ali,when him own start,e go be him like dream,plus he is half british.Go ask Fashanu, Gabby Abolaghor("Agbonlahooor" in English commentator's voice) and Jordan Ibe ( "IB" in English commentator's voice).

Has Nigeria not also used and dumped players? So what's wrong if England does it?
Re: Ademola Lookman Snubs Nigeria, Pledges Future To England by hustla(m): 11:27am On Nov 21, 2018
chucs:

Exactly.
Even Ross Barkeley

Be like say them no get sense or them no dey hear word lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Manchester United Agree £40 Million Fee For Ajax Midfielder Van De Beek / Barca Lose At Home To End Title Chances, Messi May Leave / Okocha, Weah, Pele Confirm Presence At Africa Football Legends Game In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.