Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,687 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:10 PM

The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death - Poems For Review (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death (29903 Views)

Please Show The World What I Wrote. / Just Wrote This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by eddie7: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2018
May her gentle soul rest in peace..... I actually knew & registered my facebook account through one of her write ups in Guardian LIFE.... about 10yrs ago.... Sad one indeed
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by PaulOgrady: 10:46am On Nov 21, 2018
Sad
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Igbokid: 10:48am On Nov 21, 2018
atikulated2019:
Popular after death
just like Jubril
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by marviessss(m): 10:52am On Nov 21, 2018
rip miss bucknor

but please help us greet buhari
and help us tell him dat he is being imposted here in aso rock,and also sum1 frm sudan is bleeping his wife
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by PenileFitness: 11:00am On Nov 21, 2018
Sad.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by olufemi2211(m): 11:00am On Nov 21, 2018
My mum will turned 55 - Nov 10...its been God all the way...it is when you a have an SS patient close yo you that you will understand exactly what it is....we have had good, bad and ugly times but she is always strong...HBSS is not a small matter.. RIP Tosyn
punisha:
I can't rule out a case of suicide, if she knew in her own words "she'd live short and well."

Sickle cell anemia ain't d end and if she got to 37 and decided to quit, I can understand...

But I have seen people with it live above 50yrs and healthy.

The pains associated with crisis periods can be excruciating and insane.

People with SCA are usually strong and resilient. The torture they go through make the ones who pull through and live longer

successful persons.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by olufemi2211(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2018
olufemi2211:
My mum will turned 55 - Nov 10...its been God all the way...it is when you a have an SS patient close to you that you will understand exactly what it is....we have had good, bad and ugly times but she is always strong...HBSS is not a small matter.. RIP Tosyn
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by afroxyz: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2018
whytediamond:
Please singles, don't ever marry out of pity or emotions.

Until we criminalize marriage between two AS or between AS and SS, talents like this beautiful soul would continue to be cut short.

If you go ahead and marry each other, it's not Love, it's selfishness.

Rip.

So touching.

If her parents didn't marry, would you have known Tosin Bucknor?
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by soke02(m): 11:07am On Nov 21, 2018
Truth on point
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by OliveCynosure(f): 11:14am On Nov 21, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:
Which radio station did she work with
Top Radio/Inspiration Fm
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by CandidNotes: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2018
Tosin seems to have committed suicide. The sudden death from sickle cell complications sounded off to o me all along... Poor, poor soul�
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 21, 2018
punisha:
I can't rule out a case of suicide, if she knew in her own words "she'd live short and well."

Sickle cell anemia ain't d end and if she got to 37 and decided to quit, I can understand...

But I have seen people with it live above 50yrs and healthy.

The pains associated with crisis periods can be excruciating and insane.

People with SCA are usually strong and resilient. The torture they go through make the ones who pull through and live longer

successful persons.

I doubt it's a suicide case. Although it can't be totally ruled out.
From the perspective of one living with the disorder, firsthand, I perfectly understand the emotional trauma involved.
Nevertheless, there are some people who are actually gifted to sense their death before they die.
Or, she could have written a simple poem with death as a muse.

Living with sickle cell is no joke.
That she was 37 doesn't make her immune to the pain of crisis.
There's something actually frustrating about having to handle a life long disorder.
That you know some people who have lived till 50s doesn't mean that there aren't those who died before their 1st birthday on earth.
One size doesn't fit all.

Like she stated in her poem, what matters is finding purpose, chasing your dreams. Because like I say "the fact of life is that the quality of life is more important than the quantity (years) of life"

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Born2Breed(f): 11:20am On Nov 21, 2018
A bright future, a bundle of talent, a lovely lady,gentle girl....her candle burnt out before her time.

RIP.

Some young people are still making this terrible mistake today of getting married with AS + AS genotype, all in the name of love.

If you truly know the meaning of love then you know that the love for your offsprings is the most important LOVE, do not kill them before their time.

AS + AS is death warrant for your offsprings if you cant afford the bone marrow transplant.

Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by thunderbabs: 11:25am On Nov 21, 2018
kidman96:
She was suffering from depression... Her death should be investigated, I suspect suicide.

Arrest suicide nigbayen sad shocked sad undecided
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by balingaonline(m): 11:26am On Nov 21, 2018
sound like one of best poems called "song of sorrow"
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Jackipapa: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2018
O ma se o Anti Tosin! Iku mu eni re lo!
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by pweshboi(m): 11:32am On Nov 21, 2018
If i live my life according to their pace

What's my price in life's meaningless race?

Too much odds stacked against this fierce soul

So each hour, all I do is attain my goals

... I love this piece...
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by GetCofOProperty: 11:42am On Nov 21, 2018
olufemi2211:
My mum will turned 55 - Nov 10...its been God all the way...it is when you a have an SS patient close yo you that you will understand exactly what it is....we have had good, bad and ugly times but she is always strong...HBSS is not a small matter.. RIP Tosyn

Wow! Your case is a different and one of the special cases. It is a testimony.

MAY TOSYN'S SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE.

If interested in acquiring genuine land or property in your choice location with Peace of Mind, you can reach us through the contact in the signature below or click the WhatsApp chat link to chat with us.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by okrote4real: 12:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
Dboy55:
RIP to her,whoever she is
She's a known OAP .
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by madgoat(m): 12:47pm On Nov 21, 2018
jeffizy:
Beautiful piece.! Even if it's a poem intentionally written for the sole purpose of a moment she knows will eventually come.

Sadly, all that is left of her are memories.
RIP Bucknor.

What a waste. She cant be straffed any more and i cant use her pix anymore when i am on my Vaseline tubecry
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by bibiking7(m): 1:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
RIP area mama.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
IkpuMmadu:
I don't know her but I like the poem and I don't know of 8 can call it an elergy to a soul or an ode to world

But it's a requiem
it's an elegy.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by davidodiba(m): 1:48pm On Nov 21, 2018
RIP
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Nobody: 1:56pm On Nov 21, 2018
Stop making SCD looks like a death sentence, though it may be tough but is not a straight death like that, when it's appropriate time to transit this earth, you will, with or without any disease or disorder.

Coming from a SCD patient.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by jayextra(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
RIP
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by 9inches(m): 3:10pm On Nov 21, 2018
She couldn't figure out the purpose and meaning in life
lacemose:
1. "What's my price in life's meaningless race?"
2. "Spent alot of days searching for purpose"

So, she made do with what she thought was the answer, or at least what made sense to her:
lacemose:

1. "So each hour, all I do is attain my goals"
2. "Then I put my thoughts into poetry and prose."

"I am the way, the truth, and the life" (John 14:6)

RIP Area Boss!
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by Deejaygold(m): 3:13pm On Nov 21, 2018
atikulated2019:
Popular after death just like Jubril

Lol,
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by okwabayi(m): 3:22pm On Nov 21, 2018
My only pain is she never posted it on Nairaland. Anyway, it still made it here and frontpage at the end of the day -- although due to a regrettable circumstance.
Re: The Poem Tosyn Bucknor Wrote Before Her Death by MaxisGodwin: 2:40am On Nov 23, 2018
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https:///DMYmuNh7asoGzREKRjnWiA

For poetry & literature enthusiasts..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ise Ni Ogun Ise (written By J.f. Odunjo)yoruba And English / Vanity By Birago Diop / 'Ijeoma' - A Tribute To A Beloved Sister By Linusclark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.