Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? (23495 Views)

Exploring The Influence Of Kratom On Fitness Activities / Hungry Nigerian Man Revived With Food & Drink After He Collapsed On The Street / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by nonix22(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2018
i'm in Abuja; where in Abuja abeg??
maxiuc:
cheesy

Come to Abuja there are many lonely streets to jogg on

Just come you will get tired of it

Saturday morning jogging on The street of Abuja jogging with strong erection your eyes go see tire
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
ubcandid:
Another important thing; if you are jogging on a road keep in mind to jog at an opposite direction to traffic flow, don't jog in the same direction of traffic because with your head looking to traffic, you would be alert to any imminent danger and can even have the luxury of putting your earpiece on.
True talk but I firmly feel that wearing earpiece on both ears should be a No -No!
Awon keke marwa and Okada riders sometimes have brain-touch and use one-way o.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2018
asuustrike1:
Suggestions;
1. People should make use of the school field around their areas you can jog around the field.
2. Make use of any stadium around your vicinity e.g Lagosian can stadiums at Agege,Surulere,Lagos Island, if given approval. Non be only owambe dey use stadium do
3. Visit the gym around your area.
Life is too precious to be wasted for mere exercise along the highways or express road.
Thank
but u cant jog in the gym naucheesy.. The gym is mainly for body resistance exercise(lifting weights and pushups) and besides there's nothing better than breathing d cool mornin air when running along the roadcheesy. I run towards the traffic and i dont wear any ear piece .if u do such u are safe.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Delivar(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2018
free2ryhme:

So what if you hit by a moving vehicle or heavy duty truck

You no reason am reach there
Are you saying people should not walk on the road anymore?
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
but u cant jog in the gym naucheesy.. The gym is mainly for body resistance exercise(lifting weights and pushups) and besides there's nothing better than breathing d cool mornin air when running along the roadcheesy. I run towards the traffic and i dont wear any ear piece .if u do such u are safe.
The aim of jogging and gym is to exercise the body.They excrete sweat from your body
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by jaxxy(m): 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
It should be done on less busy roads, walk ways, open parks or inner roads.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

The aim of jogging and gym is to exercise the body.They excrete sweat from your body
yes they excrete sweat but they work in different ways on the body oo

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Jakumo(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
Jogging, or even walking on Nigeria's dangerous roads, ESPECIALLY whilst wearing earphones that render one deaf to their surroundings, should wisely be left to those with suicidal tendencies.

It is perfectly possible to run in place, or skip rope like a boxer, without moving an inch, as a superb exercise regime, right inside the safety of your own home.

Anyone jogging on the road shared with cars, will one day test their bones and cranium against the metal of a speeding car, so good luck with that experiment, to all who feel so inclined.

2 Likes

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
yes they excrete sweat but they work in different ways on the body oo
Yes I agree but the aim is exercise the body. Do you want people to die because they are jogging on the high way
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
asuustrike1:

Yes I agree but the aim is exercise the body. Do you want people to die because they are jogging on the high way
my brother u can even die walking on the highway. As long as u use the sidewalks with no ear piece and look very well b4 crossing u ok. But if u dont feel cool using d highway u can use d stadium sha if u have a stadium in ur city or u can jus purchase a treadmill in ur homecheesy. Though i love d cool mornin aircheesy.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
my brother u can even die walking on the highway. As long as u use the sidewalks with no ear piece and look very well b4 crossing u ok. But if u dont feel cool using d highway u can use d stadium sha if u have a stadium in ur city or u can jus purchase a treadmill in ur homecheesy. Though i love d cool mornin aircheesy.
Hahaaaaaa grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by free2ryhme: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2018
Delivar:

Are you saying people should not walk on the road anymore?

Was the thread talking about walking or exercising on the highway

remember who vehicle kill or maim no get second chance ooo
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Delivar(m): 5:27pm On Nov 21, 2018
free2ryhme:

Was the thread talking about walking or exercising on the highway

remember who vehicle kill or maim no get second chance ooo
Those guys in the pictures were running and walking on the road. So what the difference with the usual pedestrians?
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by xcelentattitude(m): 5:31pm On Nov 21, 2018
It's only 'safe'( I use that word carefully) in Abj
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by xcelentattitude(m): 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:

And if you don't have money for treadmill nko Can you buy sawmill grin

Lemme coman b going
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by free2ryhme: 5:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
Delivar:

Those guys in the pictures were running and walking on the road. So what the difference with the usual pedestrians?

It is unsafe dont you get it

you can be hit from behind
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by ubcandid(m): 5:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
vivaciousvivi:

True talk but I firmly feel that wearing earpiece on both ears should be a No -No!
Awon keke marwa and Okada riders sometimes have brain-touch and use one-way o.

Yeah you are right. But I think its quite difficult jogging on the road in Lagos. I enjoy it more in uyo where the roads are wide and dawn traffic is low.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 21, 2018
Instead of doing this, why not buy few sports equipment and be safe?
Joggers indeed grin
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Delivar(m): 5:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
free2ryhme:

It is unsafe dont you get it

you can be hit from behind

Same way you can be hit while walking on the road to somewhere. No difference.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by free2ryhme: 5:55pm On Nov 21, 2018
Delivar:

Same way you can be hit while walking on the road to somewhere. No difference.

e be like say die dey hungry

i wish you all the best
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 21, 2018
xcelentattitude:

And if you don't have money for treadmill nko Can you buy sawmill grin

Lemme coman b going
hahahahahahahaha if e no get money buy one maybe e can do a makeshift threadmillcheesy. Even to regisiter for gym sef no even come cheap for some pplcheesy. How many ppl can afford to gym sef when d average naija gym might be expensivecheesy. Cheapest gym u can do is construct a makeshift weight with cement blocks on either side of an iron rod and u good to gocheesy.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 21, 2018
sassysure:
Instead of doing this, why not buy few sports equipment and be safe?
Joggers indeed grin
and how many average nigerians can afford to buy a sports equipment. The threadmill does not come cheap and neither does a weight bench equipment and other sports equipment come cheap. They are damm expensive for d average nigerian. The cheapest u can get is buy a pair of running sneakers with joggers and sports shirt and u good to gocheesy.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
ubcandid:

Yeah you are right. But I think its quite difficult jogging on the road in Lagos. I enjoy it more in uyo where the roads are wide and dawn traffic is low.
lagos dat everybody walks eyeball to eyeball and d whole place is so damm overpopulated. Na where una wan c open space to exercisecheesy.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by uuzba(m): 6:58pm On Nov 21, 2018
HarryDuce:
Most Nigerian roads lack pavements. It's not Ideal to be running on main roads.

Sadly there's a general lack of foresight where these things are concerned.
Will you rather sit down inside the house, grow fat, angry and aggressive then explode your anger on others living with you? Go out there and do your exercise O!

A lot of tensions are built up due to lack of exercise. Watching the SCREENS
1. Phone Screen
2. TV Screen
3. PC Screen
4. Tablet Screen.
ALL DAY 24/7

2 Likes

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by ubcandid(m): 7:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
lagos dat everybody walks eyeball to eyeball and d whole place is so damm overpopulated. Na where una wan c open space to exercisecheesy.

Lol abi.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by HarryDuce(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2018
uuzba:

Will you rather sit down inside the house, grow fat, angry and aggressive then explode your anger on others living with you? Go out there and do your exercise O!

A lot of tensions are built up due to lack of exercise. Watching the SCREENS
1. Phone Screen
2. TV Screen
3. PC Screen
4. Tablet Screen.
ALL DAY 24/7
Well i was addressing the topic. I don't see how your post refutes what i stated.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 21, 2018
lefulefu:
and how many average nigerians can afford to buy a sports equipment. The threadmill does not come cheap and neither does a weight bench equipment and other sports equipment come cheap. They are damm expensive for d average nigerian. The cheapest u can get is buy a pair of running sneakers with joggers and sports shirt and u good to gocheesy.
They are not expensive at all.
If they can buy expensive phones that they don't use more than 2 yrs, then why not invest in sports equipments?
Gym ball can do a lot.
U can stay in ur house and jump rope. How expensive are these?

U can jog around your compound if you so desire to do that but on roads without pedestrian walk isn't safe.

They can brisk walk, it's better
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Kenmatt(m): 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Damdeyz:

I wanted to Jog on the streets of PH but fear of kidnappers dissuaded me
which area in PH are you?
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Jakumo(m): 9:35pm On Nov 21, 2018
Kenmatt:
which area in PH are you?

Ha ha the man talk say hin dey fear, and you still dey ask am where hin dey ha ha.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by ckenneths(m): 9:37pm On Nov 21, 2018
Come and run in Enugu cheesy

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by ckenneths(m): 9:39pm On Nov 21, 2018
In Enugu, the runners chase away the motor cars from our roads cheesy

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by spiralwedge(m): 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
ubcandid:
Another important thing; if you are jogging on a road keep in mind to jog at an opposite direction to traffic flow, don't jog in the same direction of traffic because with your head looking to traffic, you would be alert to any imminent danger and can even have the luxury of putting your earpiece on.

Can i just add that even when merely walking down any road, always walk in opposite direction to traffic flow.

Last week, a truck could not stop on time due to bad break and with a vehicle in front swerved off the road to avoid hitting it. But a lady was there, the truck hit her and then climbed on her.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For October 17 2020 In Nigeria - (2,657 Tested) / Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it? / Nigerians Don't Suffer Depression, Really?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.