Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,305 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? (23526 Views)

Exploring The Influence Of Kratom On Fitness Activities / Hungry Nigerian Man Revived With Food & Drink After He Collapsed On The Street / Coronavirus: Dead Man Lying On The Street Of Wuhan In China (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 21, 2018
sassysure:

They are not expensive at all.
If they can buy expensive phones that they don't use more than 2 yrs, then why not invest in sports equipments?
Gym ball can do a lot.
U can stay in ur house and jump rope. How expensive are these?

U can jog around your compound if you so desire to do that but on roads without pedestrian walk isn't safe.

They can brisk walk, it's better
how many ppl own a big compound and not everybody owns an expensive phone nau cheesy.anyway it depends on the city u residing.like in benin city where am staying u can actually jog with ease on some of the roads cos high sidewalks have been provided and bikes have been banned.as long as u maintain d sidewalks and run against oncominng traffic u ok.as for lagos are there any recreational places in that city? lagos is really jampacked and the only recreational areas i saw when last i was there were just junk houses and cinemas.i didnt see any open area.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Damdeyz(m): 10:09pm On Nov 21, 2018
Kenmatt:
which area in PH are you?

Rumuigbo. Psych road
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by ubcandid(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2018
spiralwedge:

Can i just add that even when merely walking down any road, always walk in opposite direction to traffic flow.

Last week, a truck could not stop on time due to bad break and with a vehicle in front swerved off the road to avoid hitting it. But a lady was there, the truck hit her and then climbed on her.

It gets worse with "newbie mother's" who would hold their kids on the left, while walking in same direction to traffic flow.

I think all those should be included within the scope of enlightenment for FRSC.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Artistree: 6:41am On Nov 22, 2018
ubcandid:
Another important thing; if you are jogging on a road keep in mind to jog at an opposite direction to traffic flow, don't jog in the same direction of traffic because with your head looking to traffic, you would be alert to any imminent danger and can even have the luxury of putting your earpiece on.
Even without jogging, you should walk in the opposite direction of vehicular traffic.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 22, 2018
uuzba:

Will you rather sit down inside the house, grow fat, angry and aggressive then explode your anger on others living with you? Go out there and do your exercise O!

A lot of tensions are built up due to lack of exercise. Watching the SCREENS
1. Phone Screen
2. TV Screen
3. PC Screen
4. Tablet Screen.
ALL DAY 24/7
gbam.with the advent of modern lifestyle many nigerians live too much of a sedentary life nowardays.imagine u have a wife or girlfriend she wil sit at home all day in d sittingroom watching tv and d guy will enter his car zoom to work and sit in front of his laptop from 8 oclock to 10 pm.when he reaches home he consumes a.massive bowl of akpu and goes to bed.no exercise watsoever.sendatary lifestyle kills d body.

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by maxiuc(m): 7:56am On Nov 22, 2018
nonix22:
i'm in Abuja; where in Abuja abeg??
FHA lugbe
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Ayobami7(m): 8:22am On Nov 22, 2018
欢迎老王过来广州
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by nonix22(m): 8:57am On Nov 22, 2018
chai, eh yaa. off my axis o
maxiuc:
FHA lugbe
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:39am On Nov 22, 2018
ubcandid:

Yeah you are right. But I think its quite difficult jogging on the road in Lagos. I enjoy it more in uyo where the roads are wide and dawn traffic is low.
Closest I have been to that part of Nigeria was Calabar on a project - twice.
Place was exceptionally clean, people friendly and unhurried and hotel staff so courteous.
I am sure Uyo must be similar. You are lucky
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by maxiuc(m): 6:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
MsGood:

Abi o! I stay in Wuye and the streets are very cool and fitness friendly. Abuja is Bae!
yeah yeah I wake up exactly at 5:30 I will jogg for 1hr before everybody wakes up from bed am done with jogging

FHA lugbe
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by MsGood(f): 7:04pm On Nov 22, 2018
maxiuc:
yeah yeah I wake up exactly at 5:30 I will jogg for 1hr before everybody wakes up from bed am done with jogging

FHA lugbe
That's great! That's what I plan to do when I get a job and start living on my own. Abuja is a beautiful place to settle but money is importanter.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by maxiuc(m): 10:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
MsGood:

That's great! That's what I plan to do when I get a job and start living on my own. Abuja is a beautiful place to settle but money is importanter.
you don't need to have to much money to leave in Abuja all you to do is find a place that fit your income that's all

1 Like

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by MsGood(f): 10:28pm On Nov 23, 2018
maxiuc:
you don't need to have to much money to leave in Abuja all you to do is find a place that fit your income that's all
Of course. It's not about being extravagant, it's about earning something. I'm currently job hunting and when I get a job, I'll find a suitable place or even have a roommate.
P.S: Please, contact me if you can help with my job hunting. I'm a female graduate in my mid twenties.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by maxiuc(m): 8:13am On Nov 24, 2018
MsGood:

Of course. It's not about being extravagant, it's about earning something. I'm currently job hunting and when I get a job, I'll find a suitable place or even have a roommate.
P.S: Please, contact me if you can help with my job hunting. I'm a female graduate in my mid twenties.
Good good
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by meobizy(f): 4:41pm On Apr 13, 2019
Jakumo:
Jogging, or even walking on Nigeria's dangerous roads, ESPECIALLY whilst wearing earphones that render one deaf to their surroundings, should wisely be left to those with suicidal tendencies.

It is perfectly possible to run in place, or skip rope like a boxer, without moving an inch, as a superb exercise regime, right inside the safety of your own home.

Anyone jogging on the road shared with cars, will one day test their bones and cranium against the metal of a speeding car, so good luck with that experiment, to all who feel so inclined.
Running in place is a very good exercise I recommend to anyone.
If somebody runs in place daily while watching their favorite TV show I guarantee weight problems will elude the person.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by meobizy(f): 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2019
lefulefu:
but u cant jog in the gym naucheesy.. The gym is mainly for body resistance exercise(lifting weights and pushups) and besides there's nothing better than breathing d cool mornin air when running along the roadcheesy. I run towards the traffic and i dont wear any ear piece .if u do such u are safe.
Wait o, one needs a gym to do pushups?
I’m in really good shape from doing pushups alone and I have visited a gym only once in twelve years plus to test my bench press.
The only thing needed for someone to get in amazing shape is a floor under their feet.
That means anywhere you are a good exercise session is possible.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by meobizy(f): 4:50pm On Apr 13, 2019
I won’t mind jogging for fitness reasons.
I keep promising myself to start one day but I don’t want to become a statistic in the form of a police man’s accidental discharge.
I guess I’ll keep the idea till when I travel to a developed nation.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by meobizy(f): 4:55pm On Apr 13, 2019
lefulefu:
lagos dat everybody walks eyeball to eyeball and d whole place is so damm overpopulated. Na where una wan c open space to exercisecheesy.
The question isn’t where but when.
By 3:30 or 4am there is virtually nobody on the roads, everywhere is free to take a one hour jog.
Nigerians love their sleep too much and will not risk it for ‘ordinary’ exercise.
Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 13, 2019
meobizy:

The question isn’t where but when.
By 3:30 or 4am there is virtually nobody in the roads, everywhere is free to take a one hour jog.
Nigerians love their sleep too much and will not risk it for ‘ordinary’ exercise.
3:30 am in naija?shocked..haba bros no be overseas we dey oo wey law and order dey ground. Come out at dat unholy hour in some naija cities omo wetin u take body carry make u bear am. Its either gun tooting condeine infested guys go bale u up for ur fone or ATM card or dem go just lost knife for ur stomach. Nigeria is not a secured place dat u will just be coming at very early mornings or late nightscheesy.

2 Likes

Re: Physical Fitness Activities On The Street Of Lagos; How Safe? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 13, 2019
meobizy:

Wait o, one needs a gym to do pushups?
I’m in really good shape from doing pushups alone and I have visited a gym only once in twelve years plus to test my bench press.
The only thing needed for someone to get in amazing shape is a floor under their feet.
That means anywhere you are a good exercise session is possible.
u are hundred percent qwarretcheesy. Apart from gym u dont even need sports wears doin pushupscheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Help! How Can I Help Him Stop Smoking Weed? / 5 Неаlth Міstаkеs Тhаt Моst Реорlе Маkе / Sweating On The Palms, How Do I Stop it?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.