Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,866 members, 7,841,255 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime (581 Views)

Tinubu Trying To Carve Out Lifeline For Ndigbo - Chioma Nweze / Photo: Former Sen President Ken Nnamani & Gov. Chime Welcome Tinubu To Enugu / Ohaneze Ndigbo Says The South-East Is Under Siege (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by LocalChamp: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
Published November 21, 2018
Former Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State has urged Igbo to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari “in their own interest.”

Chime told journalists in Enugu on Wednesday that Buhari had done a lot for the people to warrant their support.

According to him, “Buhari does not need to campaign, but we are the people that need to convince the people to vote for him because he has done well.”

“Igbo have enjoyed all the plum positions under the Peoples Democratic Party.

“We have been President, Senate President several times, deputy senate president, juicy ministerial positions and there is nothing to show for it.

“Let the PDP explain to us why they did not implement all their promises to Ndigbo.

Buhari never experienced Igbo support, yet he improved on electricity, road projects and others.

“If I have a president from Cameroun who will provide the zone with infrastructure, I will vote for him because politics is all about performance and not plum positions that amount to nothing.

“We should be interested in what we get as a people and not about appointments. Igbo do not like one another.

“You see, APC inherited a lot of problems in governance. You do not expect the government to perform magic. There is no magic.

“South East Governors, then, complained in all the meetings we had with the PDP Federal Government on poor infrastructure in the zone, but nothing happened.

“PDP has not changed. The same people that killed PDP are still in charge.

“Atiku promised to serve one term, but he came out with a policy document that stretched over six years. This is not the time to deceive our people,’’ he said.

On restructuring, Chime, a constitutional lawyer, said it was part of the confusion PDP was bringing about, adding that restructuring could not happen without amending the constitution.

“You cannot do restructuring without amending the constitution. The major step is to amend the constitution and make provision for referendum.

“Nobody has come up with the way to implement it. There is no provision for referendum in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,’’ he said.

The former governor, however, expressed dismay that “present day politicians no longer have sense of contentment.”

“In politics, we do not have sense of contentment. We go into politics and want to die in politics.

“Great Zik, Awolowo, Okpara and others, how many years did they spend in politics?

“When people see politics as a career, they do anything to change the system to suit them,’’ he said.

(NAN)

https://punchng.com/buhari-has-done-much-for-ndigbo-says-ex-gov-chime/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:03pm On Nov 21, 2018
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by buhariguy(m): 10:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Nonsense
because he said nothing but the truth.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Ejanla07: 10:46pm On Nov 21, 2018
Done what exactly?
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Nobody: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2018
Chime a good man in a useless party I wonder how people like you will quarrel with your successors and the next thing you do is jump into a useless party Same with Akpabio
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Sarkin: 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2018
God punish IPOB TERRORISTS

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 21, 2018
buhariguy:
because he said nothing but the truth.
Was Chime not part of the PDP that he condemned
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by deboysben(m): 11:04pm On Nov 21, 2018
Oga chime

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Igbokid: 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2018
Ipob Osus ..come and hear what a free born like me has to say oo

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Racoon(m): 11:12pm On Nov 21, 2018
Imagine Sullivan! Well I expected him to reel out how PDP destroyed Enugu State & Nigeria as characteristic of any PDP member that jump ship (like Akpabio) and of course he never disappoints.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by observanc1: 11:20pm On Nov 21, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Nonsense
no b small nonsense
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by Optional09: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2018
What is his job? As he done anybody a favor?

Fucck him
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by buhariguy(m): 8:14am On Nov 22, 2018
asuustrike1:

Was Chime not part of the PDP that he condemned
the man that was the arrowhead of gej campaign thief akpabio said his hero did not construct 1km Of road,
And I support him because thief akpabio was not the president for 16yrs.
If chime is also saying the truth now as he has move out of PDP, I also support him.
Umahi would have say the truth now, but because he is still in PDP,
Ayade also said his own truth about PDP.
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by buhariguy(m): 8:17am On Nov 22, 2018
Racoon:
Imagine Sullivan! Well I expected him to reel out how PDP destroyed Enugu State & Nigeria as characteristic of any PDP member that jump ship (like Akpabio) and of course he never disappoints.

buhariguy:
the man that was the arrowhead of gej campaign thief akpabio said his hero did not construct 1km Of road,
If chime is also saying the truth now as he has move out of PDP, I also support him.
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by chichar1(f): 8:41am On Nov 22, 2018
buhariguy:
mad man anthem
Re: Buhari Has Done Much For Ndigbo, Says Ex-gov Chime by ZombiePUNISHER: 8:49am On Nov 22, 2018
Naughtysite:
Chime a good man in a useless party I wonder how people like you will quarrel with your successors and the next thing you do is jump into a useless party Same with Akpabio

Chime is no good man

He is a regular thief who was harassed by Efcc after handing over power to ugwuanyi...
Chime stole government land beside state house of assembly and made it a personal shopping mall

He just had to cross over to APc to become a saint
Behold today.... He is celebrated by the Efcc

(1) (Reply)

Has The Opposition Conceded Lagos To The APC? / IPOB Shuts Down 11 States Including Kogi, Edo During Protest / Nigeria Not Among Top 10 Fastest Growing Economies In Africa In 2018 - (WB/ IMF)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.