Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,243 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos (37233 Views)

Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) / Uniport Final Year Student Drowns While Hanging Out With Girlfriend / Zimbabwean Baby Falls Into A Pit & Drowns While Mother Enjoys Sex With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by speedyconnect3: 10:30am On Nov 22, 2018
Rip

Same way cousin died in germany.

They said it was jazz from home.

Family spent 2m or thereabout to bring body back.

Rip once again.

6 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by TomiCute(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2018
abhoi
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Dexmars(m): 10:31am On Nov 22, 2018
Every year at least one person drowns in the famous Otanmiri.

Ihiagwa peeps I hail oh.

7 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Isobug: 10:31am On Nov 22, 2018
Haaa.... My fellow metallurgist & Material scientist. We have lost one fellow, this is painful at this time that the world is in dire need of us for development .

Meanwhile something should be done about that Otammiri river ASAP, it is notable for drowning students. I know about 4 NEKEDE students walloped by this notorious river.

Jah guide your soul bro,RIP

3 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Deltatoto: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2018
nairafame:
Tragedy struck, yesterday, at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, as a final year student drowned while swimming.

Kester Gabriel, a 500 level Material and Metallurgical Engineering student, who returned to school, on Sunday, after his Industrial Training, died inside the Otammiri river in Ihiagwa. His body has since been recovered

Source >> http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/futo-final-year-student-drowns-while.html?m=1

stupid boy u just wasted all ur parents investments.y swim when u can’t and even if u are a fish what’s d essence?no rip for u
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by GavelSlam: 10:32am On Nov 22, 2018
May his soul rest in peace.

I wish his family and friends the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Gkemz: 10:36am On Nov 22, 2018
Why did you attempt to swim when you haven't mastered swimming maybe to impress people. Have you seen where your stupidity has landed you. And you succeeded in causing pain and grief to your family.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by spencekat(m): 10:37am On Nov 22, 2018
atikulated2019:
you no Sabi swim you dey near Water,,, me I dey laugh you gan
I feel his parents sad about wasting university fees from him since year 1
the guy passed through university but the school didn't pass through him
It's a pity but a lesson
I also blame Jubril for not providing life jacket undecided
Otamiri River is something else.Strangers are always advised to stay clear.

3 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by spencekat(m): 10:39am On Nov 22, 2018
funkyfella:
FUTO students and stubbornness. They all know Otammiri has pythons that drag students to their deaths every year but everybody wan from hard man. I finished from FUTO since 2005 and every year I stayed there Otammiri took a life. We never learn. RIP young warrior.
Exactly.It is a dreaded river.

5 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by spencekat(m): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2018
The dreaded Otamiri river.Students have been warned about the river and some ignored it.

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by amadice(m): 10:42am On Nov 22, 2018
nairafame:
Tragedy struck, yesterday, at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, as a final year student drowned while swimming.

Kester Gabriel, a 500 level Material and Metallurgical Engineering student, who returned to school, on Sunday, after his Industrial Training, died inside the Otammiri river in Ihiagwa. His body has since been recovered

Source >> http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/futo-final-year-student-drowns-while.html?m=1

... he killed himself, As a student of FUTO your first orientation is never to get close to otamiri river.. even there is a billboard there warning students to stay away from the river... let me quote the billboard ( DO NOT SWIM INSIDE THE OTANMIRI RIVER, MANY STUDENT HAVE BEEN DROWN IN THESE RIVER. BE WARNED) these billboard is close to 750 capacity, am sure the deceased have been seeing it from year one still final year..

6 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Darkseid(m): 10:44am On Nov 22, 2018
amadice:
... he killed himself, As a student of FUTO your first orientation is never to get close to otamiri river.. even there is a billboard there warning students to stay away from the river... let me quote the billboard ( DO NOT SWIM INSIDE THE OTANMIRI RIVER, MANY STUDENT HAVE BEEN DROWN IN THESE RIVER. BE WARNED) these billboard is close to 750 capacity, am such the deceased have been seeing it from year one still final year..
People don't swim in the one inside the school. Na Otanmiri I learn how to swim for the first time; the one inside the village but I stopped going there in my final year.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by samuelchimmy(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2018
bitcoin215:
The rate at which people die these days is alarming.
RIP to the soul
onwa December eru go
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Brightest04(m): 10:45am On Nov 22, 2018
People should know that it's wrong to venture doing or trying to play hero in things you have no power over.

Just like that,everything is wasted,hope,dreams,plans, family pride,all drowned in that river.

May God give the family the fortitude to bear the wasted life.

3 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by DonBenny77(m): 10:47am On Nov 22, 2018
Foolish child

If you can't learn from the news or other victims experience then you will make the news and let people leanr from your experience

Na water to shower or bucket be problem?

River!

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by jamezman(m): 10:49am On Nov 22, 2018
Swimmingpool no be sea.... No be evrytin mouth go talk wen eye see... No go folo crowd wen u no undastand weytin sup... Cox evry man will drink from his own cup... No troway lather wey cari u reach up... Dnt commit suicide wen u cn still make sumtin meaninful out of ur lyf... RIP 2d dead....

4 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by 1Dray(m): 10:50am On Nov 22, 2018
Otammiri river again? Why won't Futoites let go of this Otammiri river? Same story every year.

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Japsylee: 10:52am On Nov 22, 2018
Otamiri is a demonic river. Always takes human sacrifice every year and yet people still go there. May our Lord Jesus keep protecting his people

5 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by amadice(m): 10:53am On Nov 22, 2018
Darkseid:
People don't swim in the one inside the school. Na Otanmiri I learn how to swim for the first time; the one inside the village but I stopped going there in my final year.
...young man otanmiri river is same otanmiri which flows right from obinze down to ihiagwa.. DONT swim there simple, its a simple instruction.. Look that river is diabolical... I lived in eziobodo for five years among these villager not in student lodge.. I have heard stories about that river.. every year its take someone whether student or an indigene ..so whether the one inside the school or not, DO NOT GO CLOSE TO THE RIVER. because you learnt swimming there does not matter, its just that it was not your time.. my landlord son and one of is kingsmen use dredge sand from that river, one day the river took that is kingsman.. they saw is body two days later.. The guy name was UGO ..

4 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by samisj4real(m): 10:54am On Nov 22, 2018
Donvick45:
Jesus Christ kester nooooo!!!!! A choirester with st Cecilia student's choir ihiagwa as at 2015/2016 I can't believe this may ur soul rest in perfect peace amen
why are you telling us your choir timeline? shocked
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by DJMCOTTY(m): 10:55am On Nov 22, 2018
Don't ever mistake river swimming from swimming pool's..

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by FroshD: 10:59am On Nov 22, 2018
I remember back then at school, on a faithful sunday me, my guys went up there to that river to swim.
we all jumped in as i was inside that water. before i knew what was happening i saw my self drowning it was as if the water was just dragging me n i couldn't even help myself. i was just helpless n called out to my guy to help, he quickly turned n held my hand as a support and that was how i survived that day if not i just dont know what would have happened that faithful day... That was how God just delivered me from being drowned by that dreaded river.
After that day when i see any river, any river at all i dont even go close!!

The truth is there something about that river, not just Otammiri every community river.
please stay off rivers you dont know anything about and also Know God!!

9 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by izy4all(m): 11:01am On Nov 22, 2018
I dont know why some people dont learn from others experience, this particular river is an evil river that has claimed lifes of many students, i remember a year POST UME students were drowned in this river, and yet some people will go waking devil while he his sleeping.
RIP.... i feel for your parents

5 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Darkseid(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2018
amadice:
...young man otanmiri river is same otanmiri which flows right from obinze down to ihiagwa.. DONT swim there simple, its a simple instruction.. Look that river is diabolical... I lived in eziobodo for five years among these villager not in student lodge.. I have heard stories about that river.. every year its take someone whether student or an indigene ..so whether the one inside the school or not, DO NOT GO CLOSE TO THE RIVER. because you learnt swimming there does not matter, its just that it was not your time.. my landlord son and one of is kingsmen use dredge sand from that river, one day the river took that is kingsman.. they saw is body two days later.. The guy name was UGO ..
Baba I no know who dey fight with you oo and I never said they were separate rivers neither am I supporting anybody who goes there. My younger brother currently schools in FUTO and I begged him never to go there and finally I don't believe in spirits or river killing people bullshit. That water is filled with weeds underneath and if you can't swim, OYO becomes your case.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by MartinZion(m): 11:08am On Nov 22, 2018
So Sad The school management keeps warning students against swimming in this evil river,yet some students still go against this warning .

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Richy4(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2018
dfrost:

Serious? Pythons inside Otammiri?

I need to confirm this story.

It's not true... the river was basically deep...The soil was white...if u were looking at it from afar, you might be thinking it was a shallow river..because u can see the clear white soil but if u go in, it could be a rude shock.....the villagers or the indigenous youths of that town always remove soil or mine the white soil as their source of income...

It got nothing to do with the python..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by crifix(m): 11:12am On Nov 22, 2018
Otammiri and it's penchant love for carrying people are like 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 11:16am On Nov 22, 2018
Otammiri river in Ihiagwa

Dont swim there is the first warning you get as a futoite

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by DeepNuggets: 11:19am On Nov 22, 2018
TechCapon:
You allowed your parents to train you up to 500 level only for you to kill yourself out of carelessness

Someone who can't swim that's swimming in a river, not even a fresh shallow pool. Smh may be rest in peace though.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by buzorjp(m): 11:20am On Nov 22, 2018
Chai...it's a pity!!!
May your soul rest in peace!!!
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by asha80(m): 11:32am On Nov 22, 2018
this otamiri is still doing its thing ?swam there back then and there was always this palpable fear that something can happen after several incidents before and back then

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Dismissed Policeman Declared Wanted For Offa Bank Robbery / Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Woman In Ogun, Residents Burn Herders’ Iraye Settlement / EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.