Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:33 PM

Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos (37244 Views)

Man Drowns While Swimming In Sapele River (Disturbing Photos) / Uniport Final Year Student Drowns While Hanging Out With Girlfriend / Zimbabwean Baby Falls Into A Pit & Drowns While Mother Enjoys Sex With Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by mamatwiny(f): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2018
funkyfella:
FUTO students and stubbornness. They all know Otammiri has pythons that drag students to their deaths every year but everybody wan from hard man. I finished from FUTO since 2005 and every year I stayed there Otammiri took a life. We never learn. RIP young warrior.

I finished there too, I may even know u.
So u really believed that story every year? Not all deaths in otammiri happens by swimming.

Lol.
They shld ask if there was initiation of any group this week. Most casualties are taken to otammiri to mask their death.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by lonelydora: 11:35am On Nov 22, 2018
nairafame:
Tragedy struck, yesterday, at the Federal University of Technology, Owerri, Imo State, as a final year student drowned while swimming.

Kester Gabriel, a 500 level Material and Metallurgical Engineering student, who returned to school, on Sunday, after his Industrial Training, died inside the Otammiri river in Ihiagwa. His body has since been recovered

Source >> http://www.nairafame.com/2018/11/futo-final-year-student-drowns-while.html?m=1

Why do students visit this Otammiri river? That river ia used for yearly sacrifice by the community.

If you cant swim, like me, please do not go near any body of water.

Me that runs away from the bathroom whenever i see the bathtub filled

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by EsvRotimiJubril(m): 11:44am On Nov 22, 2018
martolux:
I can relate,,since water don give me warning on my 16th birthday back then, ever since then, i no dey enter pool ignore navy recruitment sef undecidedMay God give his parent the fortitude bear the loss.

I also got the warning back then during my admission seeking days, almost drowned that day.. 8years on I no dey talk say I wan swim.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by acetylcoa2: 12:46pm On Nov 22, 2018
Otamiri is a no go area for non indigenes especially if you're in final year. FUTO put up the warning signs not swim Otamiri everywhere possible. I strongly believe that it takes extraordinary forces to drag any FUTO student to Otamiri..

3 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Ayobami7(m): 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
亚冠小组赛全部结束 刚刚从南半球队加油呐喊

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by EternalTruth: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2018
funkyfella:
FUTO students and stubbornness. They all know Otammiri has pythons that drag students to their deaths every year but everybody wan from hard man. I finished from FUTO since 2005 and every year I stayed there Otammiri took a life. We never learn. RIP young warrior.
pythons? real pythons?
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by EternalTruth: 12:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
etibaba:
His village people called and he picked, he didn't even wait for the caller at the other end to speak first rather he shouted hello and the call was dropped. Rip
haha haha mad man cheesy
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Otammiri river. That river is known to swallow Non-indigenes. funny enough the reason why the river is dangerous is because of the high river currents there that make it very fast flowing and also the river is deep. If you want to see how fast flowing Otammiri is go to Mgboke village in Ihiagwa that is where you see the real force of the water there. In my years in FUTO i resisted the urge to near the river i only got as far as the shallow sand banks even at that the experience is scary. in 2002 it killed a 4th year Petroleum Engineering student then a southern kaduna guy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by digitemie(m): 1:13pm On Nov 22, 2018
I blame Nigeria and ASUU. If ASUU was not on strike and he had a test on the day he went swimming he wouldn't have died. RIP careless student. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by madgoat(m): 1:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Luckyk(f): 1:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
atikulated2019:
you no Sabi swim you dey near Water,,, me I dey laugh you gan
I feel his parents sad about wasting university fees from him since year 1
the guy passed through university but the school didn't pass through him
It's a pity but a lesson
I also blame Jubril for not providing life jacket undecided
SO SENSELESS HUMAN STILL EXIST

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Kellycathy(f): 1:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
May your gentle soul rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by dfrost: 1:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
Richy4:

It's not true... the river was basically deep...The soil was white...if u were looking at it from afar, you might be thinking it was a shallow river..because u can see the clear white soil but if u go in, it could be a rude shock.....the villagers or the indigenous youths of that town always remove soil or mine the white soil as their source of income...

It got nothing to do with the python..

Aha. Seems almost true. Thank for debunking the assumption.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by danuzochukwu: 2:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
It's not by force to swim, if you do'nt know how to swim, do not near river. Rest in peace to the dead
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by kstan(m): 2:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
It is boldly written on a sign post just entering through FUTO's main gate, Not To Come Near Or Swim in Otammiri River.
In all my years in that school, that message on that signpost sent chills down my spine whenever I read it.

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by teachernnaa: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2018
That Otammiri river people they run from...... For my 5years in Futo, I no even pass the road.
We shld be careful especially when you have had some negative thought about places and person. May ur soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Leo4Seismo: 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
Futo students are generally stubborn this same stubbornness made me go to that river to practice swimming for a SHELL swim test 2006 I just had 3days in school then I had no money to pay a swimming tutor..I thank God for my life today that same river had made me pass my swim test and it's related to where. I work.. RIP Bro sad

2 Likes

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by biomedics(m): 4:18pm On Nov 22, 2018
My phobia for large body of water is legendary.

If you see me near swimming pool please call the police, it's a passionate appeal.

Rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by higgs: 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
Some people just don't listen."Don't swim in Otammiri river." Every FUTO student has heard that. I left the school twelve years ago but I still remember that admonition. It is even written on a signpost.Anyway, may he RIP.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Franknet: 4:28pm On Nov 22, 2018
Chai this is my school but we are still on strike na... Still on my IT since there is strike. Rest in peace
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by obataokenwa(m): 4:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
Still surprised me that people still swim at Otamiri River that killed so many of our students in 2004. I went there last 2004 after it killed a final year student in our presence. Reason we mostly go there those days is cos no much borehole around the whole FUTO and water board no dey help matter sef. RIP
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by OhafiaUdumeze: 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2018
VILLAGE PEOPLE AND HATERS AT WORK. FOLLOW JESUS isi mba. You See your life.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by rossovu: 5:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
dfrost:

Serious? Pythons inside Otammiri?

I need to confirm this story.
100% true...very big Python, but has nothing to do with his death.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by jindu86631: 6:52pm On Nov 22, 2018
rip
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by xeros20(m): 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2018
funkyfella:
Abi no be cult activities?
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by cutepaul(m): 7:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
Donvick45:
Jesus Christ kester nooooo!!!!! A choirester with st Cecilia student's choir ihiagwa as at 2015/2016 I can't believe this may ur soul rest in perfect peace amen
yes o my brother na him o.....I jus saw the news in our group chat......such a pity....
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by bibe(m): 8:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
funkyfella:

I think it's less to do with pythons and more to do with underwater currents. You can't see them but they are there and they are deadly.

1 Like

Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by Evercurious(f): 10:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
obynzo:
Otammiri river. That river is known to swallow Non-indigenes. funny enough the reason why the river is dangerous is because of the high river currents there that make it very fast flowing and also the river is deep. If you want to see how fast flowing Otammiri is go to Mgboke village in Ihiagwa that is where you see the real force of the water there. In my years in FUTO i resisted the urge to near the river i only got as far as the shallow sand banks even at that the experience is scary. in 2002 it killed a 4th year Petroleum Engineering student then a southern kaduna guy

You re very correct... I remember him too...very painful indeed.

lost two friends to that River... One in Nekede and the other In FUTO
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by erique007(m): 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
Nigerians and their superstitious beliefs!!!!

Someone should pls tell me what is demonic about a river that is flowing on its own.

The difference btw a river and a swimming pool is simply the water current and the texture of their floor surfaces.

Some deep areas in the otammiri river are very muddy, this is something that most students who go there don't know. I nearly got drowned sometime ago just because my feet touched the ground that was very muddy and deep, It was just God that saved me that day.
Re: Kester Gabriel: FUTO Student Drowns While Swimming. Photos by erique007(m): 10:59pm On Nov 22, 2018
The bottom line is, swimming in unfamiliar water bodies can be very dangerous.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 37 Yahoo Boys In Owerri, Cars Recovered / Fulani Herdsmen Kidnap Woman In Ogun, Residents Burn Herders’ Iraye Settlement / Uju Promise Ekene Amadi Declared Wanted After Attack On Policemen (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.