Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,044 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej (497 Views)

2023: Arewa Youths Asks Dangote, Okonjo-Iweala, Others To Contest For President / Hashim Suleiman: Ganduje’s Aide Resigns Over His Refusal To Concede Defeat / Jonathan Reveals Those Who Advised Him Not To Concede Defeat To Buhari In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by Alphasoar(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has debunked insinuations by a newspaper that he was persuaded not to concede defeat by some of his ministers including former finance minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala describing it as twisted logic.

Responding to a story which indicated that those with him at the time he called President Muhammadu Buhari to concede thought otherwise, Jonathan noted that such interpretation was tantamount to stretching interpretative reporting beyond acceptable limits, stressing that the writer wilfully ignored the true account of what happened at that critical moment as clearly stated in the book, ” just to create mischief.”

In a statement issued by Ikechukwu Eze, his media adviser, Jonathan further described the claim as a gross misrepresentation of what he write in his new book.

He said: “Our attention has been drawn to a circulating story titled ‘Jonathan: I was pressed to reject 2015 election result’ which erroneously claimed that some identified former aides and ministers of ex-President Jonathan advised him “not to accept defeat.”

The story which was said to have been written from President Jonathan’s new book ‘My Transition Hours’ mentioned the then Minister of Finance and Coordinating Minister for the Economy, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala; Attorney-General of the Federation and Justice Minister Mohammed Bello Adoke; Aviation Minister Osita Chidoka, as those whose advice was rebuffed by Jonathan.

“This is obviously a gross misrepresentation of what was clearly stated in the book. .
“President Jonathan had maintained that he never consulted anybody over the decision to call and congratulate his opponent while the results of the 2015 Presidential election was still being tallied. Whereas the decision to concede defeat was one he took without any compelling, the former President is however grateful to those who were with him at that moment and many other Nigerians that shared in his conviction to put across the historic phone call.

“For the avoidance of doubt the former President in his narrative of his engagement with the mentioned key appointees at that critical time in the nation’s political history stated clearly that the we’re considering “sundry alternatives, but I was quiet in the midst of their discussion.” However, this was how The Nation chose to report the narrative: “Okonjo-Iweala, Adoke, Chidoka, Dudafa advised me not to accept defeat”.

“It therefore beggars belief that the phrase ‘sundry alternatives’ could be interpreted to mean that the former President was advised by the identified personalities ‘not to accept defeat.’
“We always say that the society will be better served if journalists keep their interpretative reporting within the limits of credible and constructive imagination.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/claims-that-okonjo-iweala-others-urged-me-not-to-concede-is-twisted-logic-jonathan/amp/
Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by Alphasoar(m): 12:30pm On Nov 22, 2018
Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by ORIENTATION101: 12:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
elcluelesso
Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by Ziggylady(f): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2018
GEJ please do not bother your head over what these certificate-forgers,crooks and clueless bunch called APC members and supporters say or do..

They know they are failures who have nothing to show for the four years they were in power hence the lies and false-hood

2 Likes

Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by id911(m): 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
Ziggylady:

GEJ please do not bother your head over what these certificate-forgers,crooks and clueless bunch called APC members and supporters say or do..

They know they are failures who have nothing to show for the four years they were in power hence the lies and false-hood

You mean these guys below?

2 Likes

Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by overall90: 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
I know GEJ will not write that.

1 Like

Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by Ziggylady(f): 1:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
id911:

You mean these guys below?

Spot on! wink
Re: Claims That Okonjo-iweala, Others Urged Me Not To Concede Is Twisted Logic-gej by selectedhero(m): 1:44pm On Nov 22, 2018
zombies won't like this

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Releases 1 Minute Video Challenge / New Minimum Wage Latest Update / IT IS MADNESS! Keyamo Speaks On Buhari’s Ghost At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.