Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... (1416 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad / You Can Accuse Osinbajo Of Anything But Not Corruption - By Fredrick Nwabufo / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Henryjr(m): 12:34pm On Nov 22, 2018
I never said stealing is not corruption, a person can steal and not be corrupt - GEJ

“Corruption does not fully capture the act of stealing. A person can indeed be corrupt without stealing a dime. Those who are incapable of comprehending this elevated thought and the mischievous crowd go about claiming till date that I said stealing is not corruption.”

“Let me categorically state that I never said stealing is good and that people should steal, neither did the CJN. Stealing is stealing and instead of calling it corruption, let us call the thief by his proper name and not use a blanket word like corruption. Corruption encompasses many things.

“If a government minister upon a cabinet dissolution takes a vehicle that he is not entitled to and converts it to personal use, then that is stealing. We must not lump everything together to say stealing is corruption"

Excerpts from page 45 of his book

1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Henryjr(m): 12:38pm On Nov 22, 2018
I will surely get a copy of this book, loving it more every day.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by netpro(m): 12:41pm On Nov 22, 2018
Obliviously he wrote the book to re-write history. These things happened before our eyes.

Instead of using this opportunity to tender an unreserved apology for the looting and his ineptitude, Jonathan has embraced blames, lies and half-truths.

[img]http://onlyinnigeria.files./2014/11/1878979_stealingisnotcorruption_jpegf428be2674643ada9f9355417b6d6f5b.jpeg[/img]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by GavelSlam: 12:43pm On Nov 22, 2018
I probably didn't hear well.

I'll have to play the video again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Henryjr(m): 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

replay it like five time

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by GavelSlam: 12:48pm On Nov 22, 2018
Henryjr:
replay it like five time

Ok sir.

grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by haladadon: 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
stealing is stealing.

corruption is corruption
stealing is not corruption.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by yarimo(m): 12:55pm On Nov 22, 2018
Is like GOODLUCK jonathan still thinking nigerians takes him serious.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by ObaKlaz: 1:02pm On Nov 22, 2018
Trying to deny your most popular 'hit song' huh? grin Anyways, Nigerian politicians do this all the time (trying to spin narratives and stand the truth on its head) because they know some Nigerians are downright stupid and are suffering from selective amnesia. Ode man is still dribbling himself in 2018.

1 Like

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by gare(f): 1:29pm On Nov 22, 2018
What is Stealing ? Take (another man's Property) without Permission or legal rights and without intending to return, that is a simple definition of stealing.

What is Corruption ? Dishonest of Fraudulent conduct by those in power typically involving bribery
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by bantudra: 1:33pm On Nov 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

dont mind am....i saw the video too....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by neolboy(m): 2:09pm On Nov 22, 2018
Some deluded folks will still argue that stealing is corruption
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by PRYCE(m): 2:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
Only Zombies and BMCs believe he did... The rest of us got the message and moved on.

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Mace0lane: 9:36pm On Nov 22, 2018
We do not need to imagine anything, we already have an Obi that confessed to taking kickback bribes for entire 8 years he ruled Anambra.

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Ziggylady(f): 10:45pm On Nov 22, 2018
...But stealing is actualky not corruption na!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by LordAdam16: 10:57pm On Nov 22, 2018
Anyone here who claims stealing is corruption should kindly translate stealing and corruption in his/her native language.

Let me categorically state that I never said stealing is good and that people should steal, neither did the CJN. Stealing is stealing and instead of calling it corruption, let us call the thief by his proper name and not use a blanket word like corruption. Corruption encompasses many things.

GEJ never said stealing is good. Neither did he say corruption is good. He simply said, let's call them by their appropriate names. Same way no one calls police brutality corruption, even though both are bad.

GEJ don't mind the illiterates.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by wirinet(m): 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2018
LordAdam16:
Anyone here who claims stealing is corruption should kindly translate stealing and corruption in his/her native language.

GEJ never said stealing is good. Neither did he say corruption is good. He simply said, let's call them by their appropriate names. Same way no one calls police brutality corruption, even though both are bad.

GEJ don't mind the illiterates.

-Lord

What do you call a government officials that approve the price of his official car bought with N10million for N200,000 and then buy it himself.

What do you call someone who sells nicon nuga hotel for one tenth it's value to his friend or cronies.

What do you call a national security adviser dashing monies to journalists, politicians, traditional rulers and others on flimsy excuses.

Are these stealing or corruption.

Maybe transparency international should change corruption index to stealing index.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by wirinet(m): 11:16pm On Nov 22, 2018
gare:

What is Stealing ? Take (another man's Property) without Permission or legal rights and without intending to return, that is a simple definition of stealing.

What is Corruption ? Dishonest of Fraudulent conduct by those in power typically involving bribery

So which one of the two do government officials engage in, stealing or corruption?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by LordAdam16: 11:56pm On Nov 22, 2018
wirinet:

What do you call a government officials that approve the price of his official car bought with N10million for N200,000 and then buy it himself.

What do you call someone who sells nicon nuga hotel for one tenth it's value to his friend or cronies.

What do you call a national security adviser dashing monies to journalists, politicians, traditional rulers and others on flimsy excuses.

Are these stealing or corruption.

Maybe transparency international should change corruption index to stealing index.

They are corruption not stealing. It is illiteracy that allows you to conflate those two without realizing the differences.

This is the simplistic definition of corruption according to Transparency International:

Corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain.

This is the simplistic definition of stealing from Google:

take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.

As such, in your examples:

A. The government official did not steal the car. He did not take it without permission or legal right. After all, it was approved legally. However, he abused his entrusted power for private gain to deflate the actual price of the car so he could legally buy it at a far reduced price. That's corruption.

B. Same as A. The politician and his cronies did not steal the hotels. He instead used his political office for private gain.

C. Same as B and C. It is well within the NSA's right to spend on national security concerns. That is not stealing. When he abuses his office to classify non-security concerns as security concerns, that is corruption.

Even after building Almajiri schools and new universities, GEJ couldn't force Nigerians to use dictionaries which are freely available. It wasn't just GEJ that said it. The Chief Justice of Nigeria also echoed it. Yet you and your ilk called Jonathan clueless for making the statement but couldn't go toe-to-toe with the country's most prominent legal luminary.

Many Nigerians are daft beyond measure, you included. If you can't tell the difference between stealing and corruption in 2018, go ask for refund from your English and economics/commerce teachers. They failed you. Then when you're done, never forget you're an id*ot for not improving your knowledge when all it takes is 30 minutes and a bit of computer literacy to educate yourself on the difference.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by clefstone(m): 12:10am On Nov 23, 2018
GEJ was too good for the people he led, that was his undoing. A leader that came ahead of his time.

3 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by chiedozie198100: 1:55am On Nov 23, 2018
netpro:
Obliviously he wrote the book to re-write history. These things happened before our eyes.

Instead of using this opportunity to tender an unreserved apology for the looting and his ineptitude, Jonathan has embraced blames, lies and half-truths.

[img]http://onlyinnigeria.files./2014/11/1878979_stealingisnotcorruption_jpegf428be2674643ada9f9355417b6d6f5b.jpeg[/img]

U just proved him right
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by weyreypey: 2:18am On Nov 23, 2018
yarimo:
Is like GOODLUCK jonathan still thinking nigerians takes him serious.
We do.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by weyreypey: 2:19am On Nov 23, 2018
bantudra:

dont mind am....i saw the video too....
I saw the program and he is correct.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Adesouth(m): 2:32am On Nov 23, 2018
what is this man saying....
stealing can be classified under corruption so therefore for stealing is corruption

that's how jubrin wee write his own after losing too claiming Trump didn't call him lifeless
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by gare(f): 3:14am On Nov 23, 2018
wirinet:

So which one of the two do government officials engage in, stealing or corruption?

Both
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by tamonokare: 3:18am On Nov 23, 2018
E never do ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by weyreypey: 3:26am On Nov 23, 2018
Adesouth:
what is this man saying....
stealing can be classified under corruption so therefore for stealing is corruption

that's how jubrin wee write his own after losing too claiming Trump didn't call him lifeless
Such classification makes it difficult to get convictions in the law court. When sans start argument on technicalities.
Poor GEJ. He was too refined for Nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by weyreypey: 3:26am On Nov 23, 2018
tamonokare:
E never do ?
Must you comment?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by alezzy13: 3:46am On Nov 23, 2018
LordAdam16:

[s]They are corruption not stealing. It is illiteracy that allows you to conflate those two without realizing the differences.

This is the simplistic definition of corruption according to Transparency International:

This is the simplistic definition of stealing from Google:

As such, in your examples:

A. The government official did not steal the car. He did not take it without permission or legal right. After all, it was approved legally. However, he abused his entrusted power for private gain to deflate the actual price of the car so he could legally buy it at a far reduced price. That's corruption.

B. Same as A. The politician and his cronies did not steal the hotels. He instead used his political office for private gain.

C. Same as B and C. It is well within the NSA's right to spend on national security concerns. That is not stealing. When he abuses his office to classify non-security concerns as security concerns, that is corruption.

Even after building Almajiri schools and new universities, GEJ couldn't force Nigerians to use dictionaries which are freely available. It wasn't just GEJ that said it. The Chief Justice of Nigeria also echoed it. Yet you and your ilk called Jonathan clueless for making the statement but couldn't go toe-to-toe with the country's most prominent legal luminary.

Many Nigerians are daft beyond measure, you included. If you can't tell the difference between stealing and corruption in 2018, go ask for refund from your English and economics/commerce teachers. They failed you. Then when you're done, never forget you're an id*ot for not improving your knowledge when all it takes is 30 minutes and a bit of computer literacy to educate yourself on the difference.

-Lord[/s]

Kindly stop making stupid noise. Thanks
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by Susu888(m): 4:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Bros jona! I don tire for ur matter o” angry God punish there!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Never Said Stealing Is Not Corruption.... by allthingsgood: 4:22am On Nov 23, 2018
There is nothing worse than believing your own lies. This guy gej is too stupid!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Called Atiku / Corps Member Caught While Destroying Ballot Inside Bush Finally Speaks / Is Ben Bruce Dead, Where Is Alabi Yellow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.