Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,181 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad (35090 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Unfreeze My Bank Accounts Or Serious Protests In South-West / I Peppered Goodluck Jonathan, I Am Going To Pepper Buhari Too / Jonathan: I Am Ashamed Nigeria Used By Akufo-Addo As Negative Example (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by igwe699(m): 9:56pm On Apr 28, 2020

Former Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan says he has no accounts or property abroad.

Jonathan made the comment in response to a report that the federal government has requested for the bank statements of public officers including his and his wife, Patience; former ministers of petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke and Rilwanu Lukman.

The request was reported to have been made by Abubakar Malami, the attorney general of the federation, to help an ongoing investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) know individuals involved in the Process & Industrial Developments Ltd gas deal.

“Our attention has been drawn to international media reports to the effect that the Federal Government of Nigeria has subpoenaed bank records for former President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan in the United States of America,” the statement signed by Ikechukwu Eze, Jonathan’s spokesman, read.

“We aver that the Federal Government of Nigeria did not contact Dr Jonathan or his wife before issuing these subpoenas. If they had, we would have advised them of the fact that you cannot subpoena what does not exist.”

Eze referenced a comment made by Jonathan during the swearing-in of new ministers on March 5, 2014, when the former president said he had no accounts or property abroad.

“We are confident in stating that between that time and now, nothing has changed with regards to Dr Goodluck Jonathan. He has no accounts in the United States of America and encourages US authorities to cooperate fully with the Federal Government of Nigeria’s subpoena.

“We would also like to state that during his tenure as President of Nigeria, Dr Goodluck Jonathan extended every courtesy to former Presidents and Heads of state because he believed and still believes that promoting, projecting and protecting Nigeria’s sovereignty and the image is the paramount duty of her government because it is not possible to belittle Nigerians without belittling Nigeria.”

Eze said the P&ID contract was signed before the Jonathan administration and that he “gave appropriate counsel to the incoming government in the handover notes of 2015, which advice if carried out, would have prevented the current unfortunate circumstances”.

Nigeria hopes to overturn a $9.7 billion judgement awarded against it for breach of agreement in a botched gas project.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by GodPunishCorona: 9:59pm On Apr 28, 2020
Nigerian politicians are one and same. No difference between them. From GEJ to Obasanjo and the self acclaimed Messiah...Buhari.

Brothers and sisters, with the number of new COVID19 cases (195) recorded just yesterday (28/04/2020) in Nigeria, it's apparent this lockdown will be extended. Honestly, this has made the situation suicidal already. What becomes of us who have nothing to rely on again in our family? With a wife and 3 children and the least being 3 months+ old? I'm very confused right now. Even money to refill gas is no longer available in the house, food stuff finished, job lost, business my wife cannot go again due to lockdown. WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN TO ME AND MY FAMILY NOW? Answer to the above question is very important.

Please help us the little way you can.

Account No: 3044039025, First Bank

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by pyyxxaro: 10:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
Sai Goodluck

Sai Aunty Patience cool

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by ojun50(m): 10:08pm On Apr 28, 2020
APC go still see wetin them dey fine

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by GamalNasser: 10:10pm On Apr 28, 2020
The real Mr Integrity not that decepticon we have in Aso Rock today ..Can Buhari swear same ?

255 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by sapele914(m): 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2020
ojun50:
APC go still see wetin them dey fine
It is true, no need to go abroad, You can lodge the forex, in your domicillary account locally, Go and ask patience Jonathan, about the 9 million, and 7 million dollars, found in her Former Skye Bank account.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:35pm On Apr 28, 2020
sapele914:
It is true, no need to go abroad, You can lodge the forex, in your domicillary account locally, Go and ask patience Jonathan, about the 9 million, and 7 million dollars, found in her Former Skye Bank account.

did your father ask Tinubu where he got the money filled 3 bullion van that drove into his compound on the eve to election

311 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by internationalman(m): 10:38pm On Apr 28, 2020
We the sensible Nigerians believe you sir..

In your word my political ambition is not worth more than the blood of innocent Nigerians.. that's how you conceded to the Aboki we have today...

I wish you would have fought harder though.

141 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by GamalNasser: 10:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
sapele914:

It's not upto what Seyi Tinubu lodge in his own local dorm acct

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by seyenko(m): 11:00pm On Apr 28, 2020
But PEJ has a N2B hotel in Abuja, N8B hotel in Bayelsa and about the sum of N10B seized from her in various banks and in various currencies

igwe699:

Former Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan says he has no accounts or property abroad.

Jonathan made the comment in response to a report that the federal government has requested for the bank statements of public officers including his and his wife, Patience; former ministers of petroleum, Diezani Alison-Madueke and Rilwanu Lukman.

The request was reported to have been made by Abubakar Malami, the attorney general of the federation, to help an ongoing investigation by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) know individuals involved in the Process & Industrial Developments Ltd gas deal.

“Our attention has been drawn to international media reports to the effect that the Federal Government of Nigeria has subpoenaed bank records for former President Goodluck Jonathan and his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan in the United States of America,” the statement signed by Ikechukwu Eze, Jonathan’s spokesman, read.

“We aver that the Federal Government of Nigeria did not contact Dr Jonathan or his wife before issuing these subpoenas. If they had, we would have advised them of the fact that you cannot subpoena what does not exist.”

Eze referenced a comment made by Jonathan during the swearing-in of new ministers on March 5, 2014, when the former president said he had no accounts or property abroad.

“We are confident in stating that between that time and now, nothing has changed with regards to Dr Goodluck Jonathan. He has no accounts in the United States of America and encourages US authorities to cooperate fully........

READ FULL: https://authenticng.com/goodluck-jonathan-i-have-no-accounts-or-property-abroad/

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by LarryBee1k: 11:16pm On Apr 28, 2020
T

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by merit455(m): 11:23pm On Apr 28, 2020
Pain afonja will ignore Tinubu bullin van story

41 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 11:39pm On Apr 28, 2020
I can see BMC zombies masturbating all over this thread already grin grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by solmus: 5:04am On Apr 29, 2020
cool

That's true our Ipobian hero doesn't have a single property abroad , but mama peace has some lovely UK properties, co own an airline with one ipobian man as front man, and Allisson Madueke's sister who Mr hero impregnated also have properties broad

They think we don't know Mama peace's gold shop at Dubai gold Souk or the one in Sharjah UAE

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by Oluwaseyi456(m): 5:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by dadebayo1(m): 5:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok sir. I believe you grin

2 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by adamsmith0813: 5:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Hmm
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by akilo1: 5:05am On Apr 29, 2020
No property and nothing in abroad? Okoro come and do this maths for me, i am not understanding

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by amalab30(m): 5:06am On Apr 29, 2020
May not be in his name. A lot of them use proxies. Time will tell.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by landforeast(m): 5:06am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by omoakoraye: 5:07am On Apr 29, 2020
Na lie

5 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by engrcos001(m): 5:07am On Apr 29, 2020
It’s really hard to believe but can be true.. example of a good leader

9 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by ednut1(m): 5:08am On Apr 29, 2020
This man should stop insulting our intelligence. Where did your wife see all those millions of dollars ehn

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by Osidazz19: 5:08am On Apr 29, 2020
Hmmmm, yeah right.

So he's telling us that he allowed everyone including his wife to steal us dry but he did not participate in the whole stealing is not corruption charade? Only the gullible pdp ass lickers will buy this trash.
Pls Mr Jona-daft where did Madam Piss get 30 MILLION DOLLARS from?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by Fairview1: 5:08am On Apr 29, 2020
What a humble man. Nigeria democracy has lost something.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by sybersofty(m): 5:08am On Apr 29, 2020
He might... its a lie!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by Osidazz19: 5:09am On Apr 29, 2020
engrcos001:
It’s really hard to believe but can be true.. example of a good leader

Good leader? Where did madam piss get 30 MILLION DOLLARS from? Is that her salary from being a Permanent Secretary in the employment of Bayelsa?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by Actuarydeji(m): 5:09am On Apr 29, 2020
This is a good move. The government needs to probe all the past president they're the reason why we are still in this mess.

6 Likes

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by manuelreports: 5:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Ok
Even expired rice Tinubu cannot share to hungry Afonja, now they have resorted to eating rats.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Goodluck Jonathan: I Have No Accounts Or Property Abroad by kolafolabi(m): 5:12am On Apr 29, 2020
Our President, General Mohammadu Buhari once told us that, yet he's currently a blunder just like u were as a President.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Bola Tinubu Commissioned Four Teams To Find His Certificates / Mass Desertion, Retirement Loom As Military Proposes New Service Scheme / Adeboye, Nathaniel Bassey And Aregbesola At Presidential Christmas Carol (Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.