Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,474 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) (1702 Views)

Japa: 10 Countries People NEVER Regret And REGRET Moving To / Here Are Countries You Can Buy Citizenship From, When Tired Of Nigeria / Mention The Countries You Will Never Consider Going To Even With Free Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by obembet(f): 6:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
Our planet is packed with countries that offer its visitors with picture-perfect moments. Some people even strive to visit every country in the world. Unfortunately, there are some countries that you just cannot and should not visit. Political unrest, wars, and archaic rules have made it difficult to visit these countries. Here’s a list of the top 10 countries you should never visit.

1. Syria

Possibly the most dangerous place on Earth right now is Syria. Almost completely under the control of the ISIS caliphate, Syria is a terrifying war zone that you best avoid. Once a land full of beauty and historical significance now a terror state with no end in sight for the fighting.

2. Yemen

A country that has been embroiled in political unrest that it just seems to be unable to get out of. It would do a lot of good to stay clean of Yemen till the situation clears out.

3. Saudi Arabia

Every traveler looking to visit Saudi Arabia needs to be sponsored by a local resident. This makes getting there pretty hard unless you have some family or friends. Getting a sponsor doesn’t even qualify you for a visa as it may still get rejected by the stringent process they follow.

4. South Sudan

If the internal political rivalries, murders, and political unrest weren’t enough to stop you in your tracks, South Sudan is also one of the most famine affected state in Africa. The harsh weather, lack of proper drinking and sanitation facilities kill more people than are murdered each year.

5. North Korea

With the recent friendship with South Korea blossoming North Korea may lift the travel embargo. However, its leader Kim Joung Un is extremely unpredictable and you may never know what you could do to offend their military police. Stay away from this place for a while.

6. The Central African Republic

Many African nations including the Central African Republic are considered too dangerous to travel in. Especially for tourists. Apart from the gang wars you also have to keep an eye out for thieves rapists and murderers.

7. Afghanistan

While the situation might look better as the years progress it will still be a while before Afghanistan can be considered safe to travel to. It still has a large number of foreign troops guarding its land and they’re slowly starting to turn things over to the locals.

8. Somalia

While the thought of modern pirates may sound exciting, it truly isn’t. Somalian pirates are vicious and out for blood. If you still want to get on land, you’ll still need someone to sponsor your visa? Have many friends in Somalia?

9. El Salvador

While this South American country may seem like a backpackers paradise it’s actually quite dangerous to visit. El Salvador has the highest murder rate in the world. While the global murder average is 6.2 people for every 100,000 El Salvador’s murder rate is 91 killings. Just something to think about.

10. Libya

The African theme runs strong here in the 10 countries to avoid while traveling. Libya is just another shining example of what happens when people fail to get along and internal wars bust out. Avoid this place like the plague because chances are also if you don’t get shot or butchered, you’ll come back home with malaria.

Source:
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by JasonScoolari: 6:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
My brother's are always leading in this chart.
Allah is a "great" God.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by okrikaboi: 6:40pm On Nov 22, 2018
Islamabad if you know you know

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by darfay: 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2018
okrikaboi:

But this islamabadians want to travel to Europe and have their way in land of the infidel

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Ebuka007: 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2018
u forgot to add Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by hisgrace090: 7:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
okrikaboi:

ISLAM ARE BAD!

And they're proud of it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Beautyaddy: 7:23pm On Nov 22, 2018
Saudi Arabia shouldn't have been on the list.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2018
I thought North Korea would have been No1, although they are not fighting but the disregard for Human Rights and the rule of law is too frightening cry
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Alwaysking: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2018
Nigeria

South Africa
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2018
Alwaysking:
Nigeria

South Africa

South Africa is by far the most visited African country grin, Sentiments aside. So clearly millions of Europeans , Asians and Africans don't value their lives grin, I'm one of them because I'm a permanent resident in South Africa and I don't plan on changing that in the near future.

Nigeria has a lot of expatriates coming in and also has a lot of opportunities that attract foreigners too, but safety wise I don't think we have done enough to attract more visitors .

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Alwaysking: 8:57am On Nov 23, 2018
Runalong333:

South Africa is by far the most visited African country grin, Sentiments aside. So clearly millions of Europeans , Asians and Africans don't value their lives grin, I'm one of them because I'm a permanent resident in South Africa and I don't plan on changing that in the near future.

Nigeria has a lot of expatriates coming in and also has a lot of opportunities that attract foreigners too, but safety wise I don't think we have done enough to attract more visitors .
South Africa is a good country because of the whites that are still there, remove the whites and you will see how backward that country is, Africa in general have this problems.

They are always backward and corrupt, which is extremely bad.
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 23, 2018
Alwaysking:
South Africa is a good country because of the whites that are still there, remove the whites and you will see how backward that country is, Africa in general have this problems.

They are always backward and corrupt, which is extremely bad.

LOL, now you are changing the whole thing on my head . Stick to the topic at hand. A country is made a cesspit by the behaviour of the majority of people , if the blacks there were so horrible and incompetent ( they make up 90% of public servants ) then South Africa would be a no go zone for tourists and others but the reverse seems to be the opposite . I'm not talking from a sentimental angle like yourself but from what I have seen with my own eyes in my years in south Africa. Your problem is that you think all Africans behave like us , check out Botswana a 100% black nation and Rwanda grin. What's your excuse there?. Gabon , Kenya and Gabon are also coming up too.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by khiaa(f): 9:23am On Nov 23, 2018
Ebuka007:
u forgot to add Nigeria

A black American just came back from his first trip to Nigeria and he said he loved it. He said the place and the people are beautiful and the locals treated him like family. Thanks for being good to my brother. kiss Oh yeah, he loved the food. smiley
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Kylekent59: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
angry

Sobibor in eastern Poland.

You will be used as slave and killed. Massive death camps
Re: 10 Countries You Should Never Visit (if You Value Your Safety) by Mizwisdom(f): 5:32pm On Nov 23, 2018
South Africa nko it should be there

In all countries where the religion of peace is allowed to reign there is always warfare, chaos and blood sacrifice. Check out Zamfara state here, Kaduna, need I mention Maiduguri? The most peaceful religion, the curse is real grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

St Kitts, Malta Or Dominica Republic / Wonderland, Abuja - New Joint In Town! / FixMyVisa.com - Visa And Passport Auction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.