Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,767 members, 7,827,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report (807 Views)

2023 Election: Wike Hit Out At EU Over Report / Alleged N90bn FIRS Fund: Osinbajo Demands Retraction From Vanguard / Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by BeautifulMind2: 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2018
Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology from AIT over Report of His Purported Meeting with Osinbajo, Amaechi

By Shola Oyeyipo in Abuja
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo is demanding immediate retraction and apology from African Independent Television (AIT) over a photo shown on it social media segment, Kaaki Social, where a tweet showed him holding a purported meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) and the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, in his Ota farm.
The Media Assistant to former President Obasanjo, Mr. Kehinde Akinyemi, told THISDAY that the former president was very embarrassed by the photo and demands quick retraction from AIT.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/22/obasanjo-demands-retraction-apology-from-ait-over-report-of-his-purported-meeting-with-osinbajo-amaechi/?amp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by FarahAideed: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
APC and propagating propaganda of diabolic proportions , I am sure the character GavelSlam personally delivered that fake picture to AIT

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by ehhmah(m): 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
grin

Baba doesn't want to associate himself with failure..

aPc has failed... can't preserve failure tongue

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by GavelSlam: 9:17pm On Nov 22, 2018
FarahAideed:
APC and propagating propaganda of diabolic proportions , I am sure the character GavelSlam personally delivered that fake picture to AIT

Shege Jaguar.
grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by madridguy(m): 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2018
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by NonsoWow: 9:21pm On Nov 22, 2018
Obasanjo is still toying with Atiku from what is happening. When his closest associates like Ezekwesili and Duke are in other parties and hitting hard at Atiku, it calls for worry in the deluded atiku camp.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by GavelSlam: 9:22pm On Nov 22, 2018
The cane wey dem go take flog Dokpesi dey soak for Agenebode.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by yns4real: 9:27pm On Nov 22, 2018
ehhmah:
grin

Baba doesn't want to associate himself with failure..

aPc has failed... can't preserve failure tongue

…Says he owns no twitter account

Ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo has asked the African Independent Television (AIT) to retract with apology, the airing of a photo on its social media segment, Kakaaki Social, where a purported tweeter account belonging to him, depicted a picture of an alleged meeting with Vice President Yemi Osinbajo (SAN) and the Minister of Transportation, Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, at his Ota farm in Ogun state.

Read Also:How we caged Obasanjo as governors, by Osoba
Obasanjo said the apology should also be extended to Osinbajo for the embarrassment the depiction of the picture might have caused him.

The elder statesman who made this known in a statement through his Special Assistant (Media), Kehinde Akinyemi, on Thursday, expressed disappointment that AIT could disseminate information it sourced from fake Twitter Account without first verifying it.

He disclosed that he does not have Twitter account anywhere and expressed concern over the continuous use of his name by suspected fraudsters on social media platforms.

Obasanjo warned that whoever that is caught perpetrating the act, would be made to face prosecution immediately, even as he advised the media to always be professional in discharging their duty and refrain from creating unnecessary confusion and heating up the polity

“It is a fact that severally, the former President has dissociated himself from owning any social media account. Therefore, it is highly disappointing that such sensitive Twitter post would be allowed to go on air without verification by the African Independent Television (AIT).

“There was no meeting with the Vice President anywhere. I was at the Airport and was informed that he was around in the Lounge and out of courtesy; I felt I should go and greet him. We met, greeted and exchanged pleasantries and I left. That was all.

“The station should have been very professional and not causing confusion and heating up the polity. That I am not operating any social media account should not be strange to a station like AIT, and for that embarrassment, the Vice President and I deserve an apology,” Obasanjo said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/obasanjo-demands-apology-from-ait-over-meeting-with-osinbajo-story/

FarahAideed:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by shukuokukobambi: 9:31pm On Nov 22, 2018
FarahAideed:

You don't even have any more strands of shame. Were you people not the folks telling us that APC has gone to beg OBJ?

Is AIT now an APC medium? When did Dokpesi leave PDP?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by PRYCE(m): 10:07pm On Nov 22, 2018
AIT take ya time!

Apologize to the gods of Nigeria.
The landlord himself
The kingmaker

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Demands Retraction, Apology From AIT Over Report by StillX10(m): 10:24pm On Nov 22, 2018
No vex baba o

(1) (Reply)

Kogi State New Governor Emerge, As Speaker Takes Over Government / Meet The successor Of Niger State Governor Come 2019 / VIDEO/PICS : Mammoth Crowd Welcome Kano PDP Dep Gov Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.