Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) (38345 Views)

My New Year Visit To Osun-osogbo Sacred Grove / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic / Visit To The Osun Osogbo Sacred Grove In Osun State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
You have gone to worship the gods And you will still be calling yourself a Christian.. what ate you doing in those places

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by pacificman: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bbsharon:
At the bank of the river, no footwear is allowed as people come there to pray, make their heart desires ,wishes, promises, pledges to the goddess for good fortune. Did I make a wish there? Maybe �

An open arm statue which indicates the goddess does not discriminate and welcomes all.

https://www.demitalks.com/2018/11/22/

ayam not understanding..them day wear footwear near water before??
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by RomeoEmpire(m): 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bbsharon:
The Osun-Osogbo sacred groove is the abode of the Osun goddess known as the goddess of fertility. Many women come yearly during the festival and ask the goddess for children and then promise to repay a certain gift if rewarded with a child.

Below it's a picture take at the entrance of the groove and also at the fertility goddess statue where prayers are made to ask for children.

Read full story with more details on my blog

https://www.demitalks.com/2018/11/22/my-visit-to-the-osun-osogbo-sacred-groove-osun-state/
OP, it's only u dat i am seeing o. Just crushing on u anyhow.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by lastempero: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
See the kind place u dey go fine gal like you,when they start coming for you now,u go dey sleep for Shiloh.

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by simple250: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2018
OP wating your hand they fine for that place shocked last picture shocked

Na there the goddess say make you hold angry

1 Like

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by docadams: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2018
OP, nice work. Heard about this place for the first time when the festival was holding. Not much was shown of the place
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by timibare(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
I pray all these yoloba images doesn't come back to scare u at night

1 Like

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by MaziEDOZIE(m): 6:18pm On Nov 23, 2018
Osun state and Yoruba entirely and satanic relationship be like 5/6

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Fatty1990: 6:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
That's my home town...am happy to come from that blessed and peaceful city
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by JasonScoolari: 6:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
grin
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by liyahwillie(f): 6:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
@OP MAKE UNU WAKA SMALL SMALL OOOO SO DAT UNU NO GO WAKA LOSS

I NO WAN HEAR TOMORROW SEY U DEY WAKA CHURCH TO CHURCH SEY MAMMI WATER DEY DISTURB....NA ONLY U WAKA GO NOW OOOOO

3 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Jflex07(m): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2018
Op next time be careful when you step your feet on oshogbo land.. Skull miners are on the move 24/7.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by bid4rich(m): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
Is this not the same place they use for a film called IGODO?

Anyway, my prayer will never be answer there if I even try to make one. My prayers is strictly and directed only to Baba loke

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by All4good: 6:30pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bbsharon:
The Osun-Osogbo sacred groove is the abode of the Osun goddess known as the goddess of fertility. Many women come yearly during the festival and ask the goddess for children and then promise to repay a certain gift if rewarded with a child.

Below it's a picture take at the entrance of the groove and also at the fertility goddess statue where prayers are made to ask for children.

Read full story with more details on my blog

https://www.demitalks.com/2018/11/22/my-visit-to-the-osun-osogbo-sacred-groove-osun-state/
Good effort. Really Nice. Kudos
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by randy01(m): 6:36pm On Nov 23, 2018
At op could you believe am this city but never visit here once because of religion. But when next you come try to visit Susan Wenger house around olugun in ita olokan
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 6:38pm On Nov 23, 2018
samista:
It's not sacred, it's satanic

What's satanic there? But visiting Jerusalem and Mecca is holy ?
Black Africans with their inferiority complex etc.....most especially Nigerians......
They spend millions of dollars going to Saudi Arabia and Israel yearly....boosting those countries economy..what would you call that?...tourism is a big business....and we need to start appreciating what's ours....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by benjamin007: 6:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
If you saw that statue in igodo raise your hand

1 Like

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by springtech(m): 6:58pm On Nov 23, 2018
Alejof:
I see things!

Be there be seeing things that are not as though they were.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Crossbow(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2018
I love your presentation.. The detailed write up and captured scenery.. OP nice one!
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:07pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bbsharon:
At the riverside. Footwares not allowed as people come there to pray and also make their heart desires known to the goddess . Was I making a wish there? grin

I had fun visiting this place of rich cultural heritage. Would you visit if you had the chance?

https://www.demitalks.com/2018/11/22/
hmmmm, you made a wish I guess.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Very beautiful op. You did a good job. Kudos to those who preserve culture despite the odds.

1 Like

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
There is no wish that God Almighty won't answer, why going to a place that will only guaranty you a temporary wish, a true Christian won't find himself or herself in that place.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sleekfingers:

What's satanic there? But visiting Jerusalem and Mecca is holy ?
Black Africans with their inferiority complex etc.....most especially Nigerians......
They spend millions of dollars going to Saudi Arabia and Israel yearly....boosting those countries economy..what would you call that?...tourism is a big business....and we need to start appreciating what's ours....

You make sense. Dem born you well.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
mechanics:
There is no wish that God Almighty won't answer, why going to a place that will only guaranty you a temporary wish, a true Christian won't find himself or herself in that place.

Some people will also say the christian god only grants temporary wish also. STOP disrespecting other people's religion so that the won't disrespect your god.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by Uniqueteco(m): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
Smile4daddy:
Op what's the name of the goddess?

And what do I need to do if I want to surmon her to appear in my room?
and what do you plan to do with her in your room?

1 Like

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by mechanics(m): 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
FisifunKododada:

Some people will also say the christian god only grants temporary wish also. STOP disrespecting other people's religion so that the won't disrespect your god.
, hmmmm, the God you are talking about created you and me, if you talk about HIM badly, He has a way of dealing with that person, remember vengeance belongs to God.
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
Thiziz why I'm still scared of some girls
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by amaniro: 7:22pm On Nov 23, 2018
I have a crush on the OP

gringrin
Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by FisifunKododada: 7:48pm On Nov 23, 2018
mechanics:
, hmmmm, the God you are talking about created you and me, if you talk about HIM badly, He has a way of dealing with that person, remember vengeance belongs to God.

grin grin grin grin so your god has low self esteem. Any criticism he will want 'deal' with pesin. Is that one a god or a mere human? grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: My Trip to the Osun-Osogbo Sacred Groove (Photos) by DrMeroThaEmperor(m): 7:51pm On Nov 23, 2018
Bbsharon.... feel possessed already just by looking at the pictures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Visit To Air Force Base In Greece (photos) / Flood Washes Off Part Of Kwaita Bridge Along Lokoja - Abuja Expressway (Photos) / Don't Fall For This White Handkerchief Trick By Kidnappers - AutoJoshNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.