Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,018 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Unbelievable Habits Of Successful People - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unbelievable Habits Of Successful People (420 Views)

How Successful People Achieve Their Career Goals / The Sleeping Habits Of Successful People: Jeff Bezos, Bill Gates, Branson / 5 Daily Habits Of Highly Successful People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable Habits Of Successful People by Henryjr(m): 6:17am On Nov 23, 2018
Discover some of the morning routines that set accomplished people apart from others.

What separates successful people from the unsuccessful ones (Getty Images)
Apart from their net worth, drive, there is one major thing that separates successful people from the not as successful ones.
This thing is called routine, the morning habits. Here are some of the morning routines that set the following people up for success:

Aliko Dangote
Africa's richest man wakes up at a particular time every day. According to the 2017 KPMG CEO Outlook, the president of the Dangote Group rises before 5:30 a.m., does his prayers before going on a 10 kilometres run.

Once this is over, he gets to the office by 8:30 a.m. where he does his job which he describes as a hobby. "I don't really take my job as something I have to do, it is my hobby," were his words.

Dangote expresses interest to add Kenya cement firm, ARM, to his conglomerate
Aliko Dangote, Chairman, Dangote Group (financialwatchngr)
He shed more light on his morning routine in a 2012 lecture at the Lagos Business School, according to How We Made It Africa.

Dangote said his work days start around 5 am, adding that he tries to get a 6 am haircut if needed. This is followed with some exercise which he notes helps prevent stress.

He said, "Exercise is better than any medicine I can take. Exercise and sleep."

Quinton van der Burgh
He is a South African billionaire and philanthropist whose day begins at 5:30 am. He tells Genuine, a men's lifestyle magazine, what comes next.

"I usually wake up at about 5:30 am, spend the next hour and a half auctioning(setting up) my day and respond to some messages. I then head off to gym," he said.

Quinton van der Burgh went from selling phones out of the boot of his car to making billions
Quinton van der Burgh went from selling phones out of the boot of his car to making billions (genuinemensmag)
Burgh stresses the importance of morning routines saying, "Wherever I am, it's the same routine day in and day out. Travel should by no way deflect you from your personal priorities. If I wasn't able to follow my routine It wouldn't be a productive day for me.

"Having a routine has been instrumental to my success. Even as a young man, it helped me to manage my time and effectively prioritize what was most important in life. As I said before, if you look at the most successful people in the world, routines play a part in every one of their lives. Whether its what they wear, what they eat, what products they use. They've all found what works and helps them be successful."

Barack Obama
The former president of the United States of America's day starts with a workout at 6:45 a.m. This is followed by newspapers, breakfast with his family before he begins his work day just before 9:00 a.m.

Obama chatted with Clinton prior to the Roman Catholic Funeral Mass for Senator Edward Kennedy at Our Lady of Perpetual Hope Basilica in Boston, August, 2009.
Obama with another former U.S president, Bill Clinton (Brian Snyder/Pool/AP)

Oprah Winfrey
Inc reports that the TV mogul starts her morning with twenty minutes of meditation. This fills her with "hope, a sense of contentment and deep joy."

Mediation is followed by at least fifteen minutes of exercise to boost her energy level and productivity. Winfrey then "tunes herself in" by going for a walk or listening to music.

Oprah Winfrey grew up in poverty and started off her career by becoming the first African American TV correspondent in Nashville.
Oprah Winfrey grew up in poverty and started off her career by becoming the first African American TV correspondent in Nashville. (Lucy Nicholson/Reuters)
Her morning routine ends with her eating a healthy meal full of complex carbohydrates, fibre and protein.

Sir Richard Branson
The Virgin Group founder shared his morning routine in a 2014 blog post.

He says he wakes up at 5 a.m. every day explaining that "Getting up and at it early gives me time to get on top of things and chart my day effectively."

Richard Branson had already started the Virgin Records record label.
Richard Branson had already started the Virgin Records record label. (Maxim Shemetov/Reuters)
Branson also eats breakfast with his family writing, "Not only does this help them know how important they are to me, but it also grounds me before I start my day."

How you start your day can either set you up for success or failure, the choice is yours.

Re: Unbelievable Habits Of Successful People by Henryjr(m): 6:23am On Nov 23, 2018
Sometimes, people sit one place and blame devil for all their woes. Just like my friend, he complains almost about everything. We all know that luck exists, but smart work is a choice.....

(1) (Reply)

The New Year Ahead - Kingsley Ndimele / ITIL 4 Foundation Training (new Course Overview)- Mercury Solutions / Wanted: 3-5 Fantastic Writers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.