Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,626 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi (13629 Views)

Emir Sanusi Took His Family To Cinema In UK (Photos) / Emir Sanusi Returns From London, Welcomed In Style As He Arrives Kano / Man Who Visited Emir Sanusi’s Library In Kano Is Shocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by zakim(m): 8:25am On Nov 23, 2018
The Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammad Sanusi II, has said that he compelled all traditional title holders in Kano to undergo drug test in order to lead by example.

Sanusi stated this at a 1-day sensitization workshop against drug abuse organised by Daily Trust newspaper in Kano State yesterday.

Represented by Turakin Kano, Alhaji Abdullahi Lamido Sanusi, the emir said “I started with myself and then directed all district heads, village heads and ward heads to also undergo same test.”

Emir Sanusi said the Kano emirate council had made drug test mandatory before title is conferred, adding “anybody that is found to be drug addict that person has automatically disqualified himself. This is the tradition in Kano emirate council. I introduced this so that I can lead by example.”

Sanusi called on parents to always keep eyes on their children as, according to him, charity always begins at home.

He also urged government to map out strategies to curtail the menace of drug abuse in the society.

“The menace of drug abuse is another Boko Haram. It is a serious challenge not only to those in the corridors of power, but to every right thinking person,” Sanusi and cautioned youth to desist from any act capable of leading them into drug abuse.

The emir said the emirate council would continue to contribute its quota towards curtailing the menace of drug abuse in Kano State and beyond.

He said the council would remain resolute in supporting any organisation in fighting the menace of drug abuse anywhere in the country.

The Emir commended Kano State government and the management of Daily Trust for organising the workshop, describing it as timely.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-compelled-traditional-rulers-to-undergo-drug-test-emir-sanusi.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Chigold101(m): 8:30am On Nov 23, 2018
Leadership by example.

Can APC do same by telling the Nigerian community how much was expended on Buhari's health when he was on medical tour in the United Kingdom?

When would APC lead by example by allowing EFCC to investigate King Oshomhole?

Okay Ganduje has immunity but Oshomhole doesn't..
What of Amaechi?

I salute you Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Davidfash10000: 8:34am On Nov 23, 2018
wink
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Richdad50(m): 8:35am On Nov 23, 2018
The menace of Drug Abuse in Northern Nigeria can never be overestimated. It is the next Boko Haram that will not fight physically but socially and mentally.
It has so affected the youths, women and old that an estimated 70% of the population are addicts. How can Northern Nigeria survive this self-destruction

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by SIMPLYkush: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2018
Hausa and tramol...

2 Likes

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by chukwu889: 8:35am On Nov 23, 2018
nice tho and you need it ohh
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by didfy: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2018
You know your people better than us also check their bank accounts
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Carlyscales: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2018
Chigold101:
Leadership by example.

Can APC do same by telling the Nigerian community how much was expended on Buhari's health when he was on medical tour in the United Kingdom?

When would APC lead by example by allowing EFCC to investigate King Oshomhole?

Point on!!
Okay Ganduje has immunity but Oshomhole doesn't..
What of Amaechi?

I salute you Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by dokyOloye: 8:36am On Nov 23, 2018
[quote author=SIMPLYkush post=73224989][/quote]goal goal and over 2.5 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Olujoe1(m): 8:36am On Nov 23, 2018
Zombies and drugs are like olosho and iphone
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Sunbellar: 8:37am On Nov 23, 2018
About 90 military men killed in Borno by Boko haram & nobody is talking!

1 Like

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by MuttleyLaff: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2018
zakim:
The Emir of Kano, Malam Muhammad Sanusi II, has said that he compelled all traditional title holders in Kano to undergo drug test in order to lead by example.

Sanusi stated this at a 1-day sensitization workshop against drug abuse organised by Daily Trust newspaper in Kano State yesterday.

Represented by Turakin Kano, Alhaji Abdullahi Lamido Sanusi, the emir said “I started with myself and then directed all district heads, village heads and ward heads to also undergo same test.”

Emir Sanusi said the Kano emirate council had made drug test mandatory before title is conferred,
adding “anybody that is found to be drug addict that person has automatically disqualified himself.
This is the tradition in Kano emirate council.
I introduced this so that I can lead by example.”

Sanusi called on parents to always keep eyes on their children as, according to him, charity always begins at home.

He also urged government to map out strategies to curtail the menace of drug abuse in the society.

“The menace of drug abuse is another Boko Haram.
It is a serious challenge not only to those in the corridors of power, but to every right thinking person,”
Sanusi and cautioned youth to desist from any act capable of leading them into drug abuse.
The emir said the emirate council would continue to contribute its quota towards curtailing the menace of drug abuse in Kano State and beyond.

He said the council would remain resolute in supporting any organisation in fighting the menace of drug abuse anywhere in the country.

The Emir commended Kano State government and the management of Daily Trust for organising the workshop, describing it as timely
Oluwo of Iwo, Jide Sanwo-Olu
Na joke ooo, na joke we dey ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Nellybank(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2018
Cool
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by PhenomenalAustin: 8:38am On Nov 23, 2018
abeg who sabi make Akamu?
sad sad
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by ayusco85(m): 8:38am On Nov 23, 2018
Sokoto weed is truly out of this world.

1 Like

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by oyewoleolu(m): 8:40am On Nov 23, 2018
Sunbellar:
but you just talked. are you a nobody?
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by iammo(m): 8:41am On Nov 23, 2018
If sultan of sokoto's son is famous for his drug use, and his Dad still funds him till he had an accident with his lexus, I believe the northern elders are actually behind this drug menace. We know youths don't have the resources to smuggle drugs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Bitterleafsoup: 8:42am On Nov 23, 2018
This is a serious problem in the North right now.
Thank you Emir for leading by example.
Buhari and his staff should follow and post the results to public.
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by RanayP(m): 8:43am On Nov 23, 2018
Gh

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by crafteck(m): 8:44am On Nov 23, 2018
Richdad50:
The menace of Drug Abuse in Northern Nigeria can never be overestimated. It is the next Boko Haram that will not fight physically but socially and mentally.
It has so affected the youths, women and old that an estimated 70% of the population are addicts. How can North and Nigeria survive this self-destruction

If North self destruct, it won't affect nigeria much, no look population, look at contribution to economy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Kclique: 8:45am On Nov 23, 2018
Shut up.
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Akpacha(m): 8:48am On Nov 23, 2018
Let see ur own result.
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by emi14: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2018
Sunbellar:

Which boko haram again? The have been defeated. One of the major achievement of APC which clueless Jonathan could not do.

1 Like

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by naijapikin04(m): 8:50am On Nov 23, 2018
CBN says $3.2bn withdrawn from NLNG dividend account in 3 years

https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/23/cbn-says-3-2bn-withdrawn-nlng-dividends-account-3-years/

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Babiboy: 8:52am On Nov 23, 2018
Inec should do this also
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2018
They should test them for religious fanaticism too.

1 Like

Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by cocomama: 9:05am On Nov 23, 2018
this is sensible
Re: Why I Compelled Traditional Rulers To Undergo Drug Test — Emir Sanusi by Bobbyfreshh(m): 9:10am On Nov 23, 2018
All hail a certain governor ship candidate a know n drug lord... This country is a joke why not ban all factories making such drugs banning importation on such drugs ain't enough

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Aniomas of Delta State / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? / Does Education Really Make People Act Civilized?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.