Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression (35223 Views)

How Scammers Defrauded Me Of ₦‎4,510,500 - Tolulope Ezekiel / Damilare Abodunrin Is Missing (Photo) / Babakaka Ngorgi Killed By Soldier Suffering Depression In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by donbenie(m): 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2018
elderken:
Depression kwa.
Sorry lad, but there isn't any justification for one to take his/her own life.
With life, there's always hope.
Despite the pain we humans sometimes feel inside, we are engineered to withstand and use it to our own advantage.
RIP...
Depression is REAL and a serious illness,the fact that you don't appreciate mental illness does not make it any less dangerous to the sufferers..
And No,all humans are not the same,some are better engineered to withstand stress than others..in a saner society he would have been offered Psychiatric care but in this SHITHOLE the best he can hope for is a hot round of binding and casting off of Demons..

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by mechanics(m): 7:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
islandmoon:
I'm praying not to commit suicide also because I have considered it more than 5 times, its not easy to be jobless! I pray you guys dont experience depression! I know what I'm saying
Don't just try it, it's a sin before God.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by showafrica(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2018
badmrkt:
being depressed has nothing to do with being materially satisfied. i have a job paying above 80k monthly, i can afford any girl i want...

So what d fuckkk is it? Whatever be the case just change environment or change religion or change carrier.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by badmus306(m): 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2018
maxbj:
Rip bro. U will be missed.
Good of you.
Happy birthday grin
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by mechanics(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2018
jamace:
Evidence of bad APC/Buhari govt.
People are still making it, they don't have two heads you know.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Zanxx(f): 7:05pm On Nov 23, 2018
nawtyme:
I was close to this last month but thank God I got over it. Not everyone you see smiling is alright. I pray God sees me through and never allows me to be a source of sorrow to my family.

Thank you for your honesty. Mental illness is real but the way we handle it in our part of the world is very sad. The UK news portals always leave a number at the end of their stories about mental health and urge readers who are in the same situation to call for help. But what do we see here on nairaland? As soon as the issue is brought up, one silly person will just type "kill yourself" or other nasty comments that doesn't help the depressed one in anyway. It's about time we tackle mental illness seriously in Africa and stop blaming witches and wizards.

5 Likes

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by baratech: 7:09pm On Nov 23, 2018
Sad... RIP

This depression thing has been on the rise since 2015... Buhari why
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Brock1: 7:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
elderken:
Depression kwa.
Despite the pain we humans sometimes feel inside, we are engineered to withstand and use it to our own advantage.
RIP...

Be in his shoe first before u talk like dat.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by bongo4real(m): 7:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
We take issue of Depression as a joke forgetting that we are deferent being with deferent charlanges.
Depression is Real, I have gotten to that few months ago but God intervention through people save me.
Let's always check people around us.

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by TheShopKeeper(m): 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2018
...depression doesn't identify anyone...it is a silent creeply ailment...
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Mcy56(f): 7:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
Assha:
Depression is a silent killer.Its hard to talk about problems when people will judge u and make statements and throw insults not thinking or caring how much hurt and/or pain its doing to you.
So you choose be rather be alone with your thoughts abd at times that leads to being suicidal cause it seems that no one cares about you and your feelings.
True. Anyone feeling depressed should stay away from some sections of this NL and consciously refuse to read some kids comments here once he or she scan through the topics.
For a Xtian, its good to make the bible one's friend by reading and meditating on the word of God.

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by gulfer: 7:26pm On Nov 23, 2018
Some of the up and coming entrepreneurs especially those in finance ans SME mgt often take some risks that end up backfiring. I hope this is not an investment one south. RIP young lad embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Sicilyjoe: 7:37pm On Nov 23, 2018
No money, no happiness and no woman or true friends, it can lead to depression
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by tammyboy1(m): 7:47pm On Nov 23, 2018
there's no level of depression that will make me take my own life

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2018
Been there and back.i understand perfectly that it ain't easy.
It's even more painful when you're surrounded by people yet they don't even have a clue what's killing you inside.
At times like these, psalm 23 comes to mind. But the truth is, no human gat any reason to take hi or her live. As long as there's life, hope is certain.

I hope ,I could have told him that these too shall pass.
Brock1:

Be in his shoe first before u talk like dat.

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2018
I understand what a mental illness is. In fact am presently working on a short film about that. But what am saying is that when you look back at where you're coming from, you will see that throwing in the towel by committing suicide is just a lazy mans approach. We don't have the system in place in Nigeria to help individuals who are depressed. Our so called religious institution hasn't made it any better either.
donbenie:
Depression is REAL and a serious illness,the fact that you don't appreciate mental illness does not make it any less dangerous to the sufferers..
And No,all humans are not the same,some are better engineered to withstand stress than others..in a saner society he would have been offered Psychiatric care but in this SHITHOLE the best he can hope for is a hot round of binding and casting off of Demons..

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 8:10pm On Nov 23, 2018
Your point is noted.
No matter how bad things get. It will pass also. When it comes to depression there isn't any strong one. It's the decision we made that determines, if we are victim or victors
lastempero:

Depression is real, its just hard for the strong to understand.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by chival(f): 8:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
choice17:
Depression is f*cking real, and not everyone have the mental strength to pass through it and remain the same
Always try and check up on your loved ones, call them on regular basis to see how they are doing
RIP to the young man

I have been down that road and it irks me when people make light of it.

2 Likes

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 23, 2018
elderken:
Depression kwa.
RIP...

You don't understand depression one bit.
It is a strange illness, that sucks light away from every aspect of one's life thus casting a very dark shadow, even in the midst of bright lights.
Only those going thru it can explain or understand.
May you and your people never suffer this terrible illness.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Heineken(m): 8:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
Arijude:
continue to dey look at your mum my guy. na only only when I look at my mum I dey get strength for this life to continue kicking. even if i no get anything for this life, the see wey my mum dey see me no small.
may God bless man.. I appreciate. Mothers good sha

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Heineken(m): 8:15pm On Nov 23, 2018
melanch:

That will cause a huge heartbreak. Suicide is like transferring more heartbreaks to your loved ones.
thanks bro.. I appreciate. If not fr her.. Me don tire well well. Cos my bro is late make me sef no go leave her make e no remain my only sis.

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Heineken(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2018
Semmarich:
it is well with your soul. You will surely see light at the end of this tunnel. You are an overcomer.
may God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2018
b0rn2fuck:
Depression has taken over most places since relationship. Friendships were limited to mobile chat like Facebook and whatsup, people hardly have time time to check on each other for real again except those who play football on local field or adult who patronise clubs.

Evening school really doing wonders.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by chival(f): 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2018
elderken:
I understand what a mental illness is. In fact am presently working on a short film about that. But what am saying is that when you look back at where you're coming from, you will see that throwing in the towel by committing suicide is just a lazy mans approach. We don't have the system in place in Nigeria to help individuals who are depressed. Our so called religious institution hasn't made it any better either.

Until you've been down that road you may never really understand. You just can't pull yourself out of depression by sweet talking yourself out of it, and unfortunately, many people who have loved ones who suffer depression have no idea how to handle it. They actually end up exacerbating it sometimes. Someday, I might tell my story.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by Nikkygold4life(f): 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2018
RIP
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 8:29pm On Nov 23, 2018
I have witnessed depression first hand.
Closed up a media company in South Africa , Tanzania and Lagos. I was doing fine, health wise, not until my company secretary call one morning and said we won't be able to meet-up our financial obligation. After that call. Call it whatever you like. From that moment it seems everything became worst. I drank and drank hoping whatever I was feeling inside would just change, but no it didn't it only got worse at night. I looked up at the ceiling fan one very long night and I could believe the fan was showing me where I could get a rope and how I am gonna tie it around the strongest part and finally climb my bed stool then that will solve everything.
I was still lost in this thought when I got an alert from fcmb stating that they've deducted withholding tax from the interest the paid on my now small bank balance.... I jerk back to reality and I remembered that whenever life throws a brick at you, you have the option of using it to make a step to climb higher or allowing those bricks bury you.
The fact is many of us face different challenges, and we all have different aspirations and dreams. If you have nothing to live for, please kindly find a cause or passion you can die for. Been an entrepreneur isn't a rosy and smooth ride, but I strongly believe that the lord is my shepherd, therefore this too shall pass.

6 Likes

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by GOOOGLE504(m): 8:35pm On Nov 23, 2018
Littlemix:
who told u he was unemployed??
he thinks only the employed undergo depression.. it's just more common among d job seekers.. SUICIDE HAS NEVER BEEN THE WAY OUT AND NEVER WILL..

#COWARDSQUIT
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2018
I am a survivor... I understand the emptiness and pain, I understand how you're force to smile, but yet lack any valid reason to do it. Now I can smile and say I survived, but it wasn't a nice experience. And I pray never to ever slip into that again.

I would be glad to publish your story one day, it might help others who are trapped in the prison of depression.
chival:

Until you've been down that road you may never really understand. You just can't pull yourself out of depression by sweet talking yourself out of it, and unfortunately, many people who have loved ones who suffer depression have no idea how to handle it. They actually end up exacerbating it sometimes. Someday, I might tell my story.

1 Like

Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by patsygirl: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
Hello
Would you love to learn how to LIVE ON YOUR OWN TERMS?
To achieve financial freedom, start a business or create more free time to pursue your dream?
Then join me on a whatsapp group for a business seminar, Monday the 19th of November between 8-9pm Nigerian time(7-8pm BST), so we can learn how to live on our terms. Here is the link to join‎:‎ https:///EB49GpnThAcAJNrkLxs83S
Stop committing suicide, life is good.
Pity your loved ones. There is no help anywhere, you have to help yourself.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by elderken(m): 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2018
Yes, it sucks light away, and it looks like the long darkness will never end. I will never ever accept suicide as an option
Bidobado1:

You don't understand depression one bit.
It is a strange illness, that sucks light away from every aspect of one's life thus casting a very dark shadow, even in the midst of bright lights.
Only those going thru it can explain or understand.
May you and your people never suffer this terrible illness.
Re: Tolulope Abodunrin Commits Suicide After Suffering Depression by jclassiq(m): 8:57pm On Nov 23, 2018
Earthbound:

Shut your ignorant face!!!!

In this Nigeria of today, everyone, I mean everyone deals with a certain amount of depression. Hell, all humans do. You better respect Arsenal FC. That's how Chelshit fans were celebrating Drogba's retirement by disrespecting the Arsenal. What insolence! Make una take time!!

If you really think about it, the best way to die is peacefully and on your own terms but not in cowardly circumstances.

there is nothing peaceful about suicide bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Childless Woman Was Beaten And Burnt To Death For Stealing Baby In Hospital. / Olamilekan Akanbi Ojora Arrested At Delhi Airport, India / Undergraduate Defrauds Seven Ladies On Facebook In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.