Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,825 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:24 PM

Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death (12725 Views)

Saraki Asks Buhari To Disregard Issues On Direct Primary, Sign Electoral Bill / Saraki Asks Oshiomhole To Resign / Saraki Asks Court To Restrain AGF, Police IG, DSS From Unlawfully Removing Him. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by PizzleGold(m): 2:14am On Nov 24, 2018
Senate President Bukola Saraki has approached President Muhammadu Buhari to institute an inquiry into the death of the prime suspect in the April 5 Offa robbery attacks, Michael Adikwu, because it has several implications for the country’s legal system.

Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media, Yusuph Olaniyonu, also noted that the development could affect the nation’s engagement with the international community

He said the international community had consistently cited the issues of human rights abuse and extrajudicial killings by security forces as major reasons for their reluctance to sell arms to Nigeria in the fight against Boko Haram.

The Senate President stated,“One of the key issues those of us who have been engaging with the international community on the need for them to support Nigeria in the fight against terrorism in the North-East through supply of arms, provision of training and other technical aid has been confronting is that of the flagrant abuse of human rights and extrajudicial killings by our security agencies.

“This is an instance of what these international partners complain about. The Presidency should make a point that the present government does not tolerate human rights abuse, extrajudicial killings, politically-motivated criminal investigation and refusal to comply with global best practices by security agencies by instituting an inquiry into the case of the death of this suspect.”

The Senate President called for diligent prosecution of the case so that justice could be done to the innocent victims of the Offa robbery, the suspects facing trial and the state whose peace was disturbed by the sad incident.

SEE MORE: http://starnation.com.ng/offa-robberies-saraki-asks-buhari-to-investigate-prime-suspects-death/

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by PromiseAce(m): 2:19am On Nov 24, 2018
What do you want him to say before? , This is Nigeria, asking Buhari to investigate does'nt mean you are Clean...

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by Afamed: 3:28am On Nov 24, 2018
Mesujamba didn't ask Buhari to investigate the death of over 30 people that were killed by the Robbers but asked the President to investigate why the Robber died. Amazing country.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by Alphalum: 3:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Chai. Saraki is seriously in sifia pain now by losing one of his trusted special squad ( his main striker). May God give him fortitude to bear the loss.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by JusticeSeeker: 4:42am On Nov 24, 2018
Highly suspicious. Very happy the assignment was executed according to the dictate of Mesujamba.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by NwaAmaikpe: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2018
shocked

I've said it a million times.
Somebody has to be held responsible for Michael Adikwu's death.
We heard what Fayose was told when he was with the EFCC.
That is the truth.
Suspects die and nothing happens.

It is Michael today, tomorrow it could be Dasuki or even Evans.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by PhenomenalAustin: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2018
angry
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by ednut1(m): 11:23am On Nov 24, 2018
If i hear say e die. He was never paraded . I smell fish

1 Like

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by sanfranka2(m): 11:23am On Nov 24, 2018
speechless
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by subzero2(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
cool
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by bestman09(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Ok
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by iammo(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
They really want to end Saraki, he never asked for human right when SARS were killing and harrasing everyone or when his political thugs went ahead to rob a bank and kill people. Now that his thug died he wants a whole President to investigate shocked shocked (he thinks buhari would accept nonsense like elder olusola Saraki that he disrespected) Even if the suspect is dead, there is a written stament and a video confession during police press conference

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by israelmao(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Truth has been killed and evidence erased

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by easynetsms(m): 11:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Different stories everyday. Which one are we going to believe now

Check my signature
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by bettercreature(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
JusticeSeeker:
Highly suspicious. Very happy the assignment was executed according to the dictate of Mesujamba.
I am sure Saraki killed the man
This world is rigged! Nothing can be done against the elites especially in Africa
This case is as bad as EVANS case but they are doing everything to cover it up because of those involve

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by theoldpretender(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Hmm....

Am I thinking what I am thinking...
Of course I am thinking what I am thinking
This thinking is very interesting thinking
Am thinking and thinking...

Hmm.....

(I didn't call anyone's name o!)
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by Stalwert: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Afamed:
Mesujamba didn't ask Buhari to investigate the death of over 30 people that were killed by the Robbers but asked the President to investigate why the Robber died. Amazing country.

Gbam, only accursed ipob goons delude themselves, on his innocence.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by 10mobile: 11:25am On Nov 24, 2018
Pls, lawyers come to our help. Who should initiate such investigation: the president or the parliament that Saraki presides over? Or the judiciary? Or who? Let us step down on emotion here on NL & step up on reasoning. It will pay us all better. Don't die for any politician because none of them will ever die or even suffer for your sake. #DDF #DontDieFoolishly

3 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by kingthreatz: 11:26am On Nov 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Michael Adikwu deserved to die. Someone that has no regard for human life and sprayed over 19 innocent people, should not be fed by tax payers money. Please google images of the victims of offa robbery.

5 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by camille88: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2018
how can suspect die suddenly in police custody
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by Guestlander: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2018
The same man who wouldn't honor a police invitation. He didn't approach Buhari when 33 innocent Nigerians were brutally murdered.

4 Likes

Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by Starboytwo(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2018
bros at all at all don't you think there should be an investigation in the death of a prime suspect when the case is still on,and the fact that he died in detention is highly suspicious.... they cannot just come here and tell us so so so guy just die like that..i mean wetin kill am....yeah he killed 30 people but he can't just die like that now for police custody ahan...
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by walosky(m): 11:28am On Nov 24, 2018
Ony na-anoghi mgbe eliri ozu, o choro ibo ya o site n'okpa (leg)

I wonder if the Sudanese know about the robbery
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by landmark86: 11:28am On Nov 24, 2018
?
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by stefanjaeger: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We heard what Fayose was told when he was with the EFCC.
That is the truth.
Suspects die and nothing happens.

Who cares if it's Dasuki today and even Evans tomorrow. That guy was beaten to death. I just wish he is alive to suffer more emotional and physical brutality from the reckless police.
Re: Offa Robberies: Saraki Asks Buhari To Investigate Michael Adikwu's Death by congorasta: 11:29am On Nov 24, 2018
k

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi: We Can Wipe Off Multidimensional Poverty In Less Than A Decade / Asiwaju Jagaban Bola Tinubu GCFR Wins Kaduna Landslide / March 18 Elections: INEC Files Appeal, Insists On Use Of PVC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.