Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG (13011 Views)

Sule Lamido: Jonathan Compromised Bayelsa Poll To Avoid Malabu Oil Scam Probe / Court Orders Forfeiture Of Kola Aluko’s $73m, N350m Properties / MALABU OIL: Ednan Agaev Reverses Self, Clears Jonathan Of Bribery Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by olajizz01(m): 8:20am On Nov 24, 2018
PDP is a curse to this country, they have every opportunities to make this country livable during their 16 yrs looting spree,but they do otherwise, and some corrupt youths are still routing for one of the destroyer,shame.

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by helinues: 8:22am On Nov 24, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
Good one! Let's share it amongst the populace and go to China and borrow $75m

Do your calculation with 200m population
Dollar rate : 360

Each person cant get up to N150

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Groovenaija360(m): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2018
Oya as usual share it to your northern brothers sad
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by gare(f): 8:23am On Nov 24, 2018
gigabyte13:
When l hear MALABU OIL DEAL, two things come to my mind.....

PDP and JONATHAN..... never again in Nigeria

But you block your ear for NLNG $1.5 Billion

2 Likes

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by bitcoin215: 8:24am On Nov 24, 2018
Good one
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:28am On Nov 24, 2018
omoowo8888:
*We’ve deposited cash with CBN —Malami

*FG signs new pacts with 6 countries to block looting of funds

By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

Although the Nigerian Government is yet to prosecute and convict many individuals and entities involved in the alleged monumental fraud running into billions of Naira in the controversial Oil Prospecting Lease 245, the United Kingdom has returned the sum of $73 million seized in connection with the fraud to the Nigerian Government.

Fuel Supply: NNPC set to control more than 14% market share Oil However, the name of the individual or the company the cash was recovered from has not been named at the moment, even as the money has been received in Nigeria.

According to a document made available to Saturday Vanguard by the Attorney General of the Federation, the money was part of the questionable proceeds from the sale of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas Company to ENI/Shell.

The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, confirmed in the document he made available to Saturday Vanguard that the cash had already been received and paid into the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“The Commercial Court in the UK ordered a pay out of the sum of over $73 million with interest to the Nigerian Government, this being part of the proceeds from the sale of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas Company to ENI/SHELL.

“The said sum has also been received and deposited with the Central Bank,” the minister said. The repatriation comes as the Federal Government has taken major steps to block the looting of funds into or out of the country by corrupt elements.

Accordingly, the government has signed memoranda of understanding and bilateral agreements with the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Italy to ensure that funds looted to those climes are promptly returned and vice versa.

Malami also said that the government was making international recovery efforts to cover other countries such as the United States, Ireland, Island of Jersey and France.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/malabu-oil-scam-uk-court-repatriates-73m-to-fg/
just watch as deranged demented yootz are commenting under some are even so demented that they av concluded abacha GCON was PDP ���� i don't know how this politrickcians did the trick but it sure yielded results in excess..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by obaataaokpaewu: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2018
helinues:

Do you calculation with 200m population
Dollar rate : 360

Each person cant get up to N150
the way they shared Abacha's loot nah. Did the money get to you?

1 Like

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by AmazingELixir: 8:29am On Nov 24, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
I regret ever coming from this country.

May it never be well with all this people and their children.

undecided

So you would have been better off being an Afghan.. ungrateful lots that don't realise how lucky they're to be Nigerians
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Quality20(m): 8:30am On Nov 24, 2018
who is Dan etete?
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by ochallo: 8:32am On Nov 24, 2018
Quality20:
who is Dan etete?

The minister of petroleum under abacha
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by abc115: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2018
grin
PDP and Corruption

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by lesbiconverter: 8:37am On Nov 24, 2018

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by abc115: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2018
angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by thaoriginator: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2018
Dear Lord, not Jesus, pls let my ticket enter today Saturday pls. Bet9ja precisely sir thanks cry.

1 Like

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by helinues: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2018
obaataaokpaewu:
the way they shared Abacha's loot nah. Did the money get to you?

It doesn't work that way though I am not justifying how FG spent all the money they have recovered.
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by klassd(m): 8:39am On Nov 24, 2018
Dominique please help uplift the ban on my account by anti spam bot. I quoted you on my thread regarding that guy that scammed me, and anti spam bot banned me again. He also commented.

Thank you
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by obaataaokpaewu: 8:40am On Nov 24, 2018
helinues:

It doesn't work that way though I am not justifying how FG spent all the money they have recovered.
I was just been sacarstic with my first post cool
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by spiralwedge(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2018
omoowo8888:
grin

This fraud happened under PDP oooo

GEJ specifically. And he has the audacity to release yeye book during campaign period. The issues in the book will be the major discuss till election time and will remind Nigerians not to return to Egypt. Poor timing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Codebrain890584: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2018
Seen

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Cajal(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2018
omoowo8888:
grin

This fraud happened under PDP oooo
....even atiku was involved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by naijapikin04(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2018
Christmas: Budgeting and Planning Will Keep You Afloat

The Yuletide season is highly anticipated all over the world and there is one thing it comes with – Spending. A lot of money will change hands during the season and the surest way to make sure you are not financially wiped out by New Year is to set plan ahead, aka budget meticulously.

https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/24/christmas-budgeting-planning-will-keep-afloat/

https://events.socialmediaexaminer.com/amember/aff/go/samuel

SHAME! 2Baba Tells Nigerian Government As He Arrives Ghana’s Airport

https://nextedition.com.ng/2018/11/24/shame-2baba-tells-nigerian-government-arrives-ghana-airport/

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Vejin(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2018
welcome to the looting capital of the world, where a looter will recover looted money that has being looted by corrupt looters, only for the looted money to be re-looted again by the same looter who recovered the looted money...

this one will be distributed to the usual 5000 poor people or so... no wonder a former British prime minister once said we are fantastically corrupt!
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by GavelSlam: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2018
gigabyte13:
When l hear MALABU OIL DEAL, two things come to my mind.....

PDP and JONATHAN..... never again in Nigeria

Atiku get hand inside.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by docadams: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2018
gare:

But you block your ear for NLNG $1.5 Billion

I don't want to believe what you typed is the limit of your knowledge on the said sum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Codebrain875298: 8:58am On Nov 24, 2018
Noted

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Nobody: 9:03am On Nov 24, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
This Malabu scam started during Abacha, scroll below to read more.

Check this link:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/malabu-oil-scam-12-things-you-should-know-about-controversial-deal-id6519987.html
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by Nobody: 9:11am On Nov 24, 2018
OkaNaUbe:

Don't misinform people

It started from Abacha era.

Source: https://opera.pulse.ng/news/local/malabu-oil-scam-12-things-you-should-know-about-controversial-deal-id6519987.html

The money was shared by various govt. officials under PDP
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by SingleWahala(f): 9:15am On Nov 24, 2018
omoowo8888:
*We’ve deposited cash with CBN —Malami

*FG signs new pacts with 6 countries to block looting of funds

By Soni Daniel, Northern Region Editor

Although the Nigerian Government is yet to prosecute and convict many individuals and entities involved in the alleged monumental fraud running into billions of Naira in the controversial Oil Prospecting Lease 245, the United Kingdom has returned the sum of $73 million seized in connection with the fraud to the Nigerian Government.

Fuel Supply: NNPC set to control more than 14% market share Oil However, the name of the individual or the company the cash was recovered from has not been named at the moment, even as the money has been received in Nigeria.

According to a document made available to Saturday Vanguard by the Attorney General of the Federation, the money was part of the questionable proceeds from the sale of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas Company to ENI/Shell.

The Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, confirmed in the document he made available to Saturday Vanguard that the cash had already been received and paid into the Central Bank of Nigeria.

“The Commercial Court in the UK ordered a pay out of the sum of over $73 million with interest to the Nigerian Government, this being part of the proceeds from the sale of OPL 245 by Malabu Oil and Gas Company to ENI/SHELL.

“The said sum has also been received and deposited with the Central Bank,” the minister said. The repatriation comes as the Federal Government has taken major steps to block the looting of funds into or out of the country by corrupt elements.

Accordingly, the government has signed memoranda of understanding and bilateral agreements with the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, Switzerland and Italy to ensure that funds looted to those climes are promptly returned and vice versa.

Malami also said that the government was making international recovery efforts to cover other countries such as the United States, Ireland, Island of Jersey and France.

Source: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/malabu-oil-scam-uk-court-repatriates-73m-to-fg/

I JUST GOT THE MUGU OUT OF THE PDP grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by princfred(m): 9:26am On Nov 24, 2018
anyimontana:
Just at the right time.campaign money do show.u.k is still the major cause of our problems till date.they ask una to give us independence, una just give us like that.
Lol. If whites like you or do you good thank God. Blacks have to love themselves first.
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by princfred(m): 9:29am On Nov 24, 2018
Vejin:
welcome to the looting capital of the world, where a looter will recover looted money that has being looted by corrupt looters, only for the looted money to be re-looted again by the same looter who recovered the looted money...

this one will be distributed to the usual 5000 poor people or so... no wonder a former British prime minister once said we are fantastically corrupt!

Very funny in a sad way.
Re: Malabu Oil Scam: UK Court Repatriates $73m To FG by JewelBukky(f): 9:35am On Nov 24, 2018
Good Morning all. I want to introduce you all to this great and lucrative business opportunity of the moment.
Sale of undiluted designers oil perfumes.

They're undiluted designer perfume oils imported from France, Dubai, Oman and Egypt.

They come in variety of fragrances for both the masculine and feminine gender, unisex fragrances also available.

They come in sizes ranging from 3ml, 5ml, 10ml, 20ml, 30ml, 35ml up to 60ml.

They last longer on clothes unlike the usual spray.

You don't need much of e-marketing. The business is handy, mobile and marketable anywhere, anytime! The alluring and sweet fragrance do the marketing!

Your office, home, PPA/CDS, hostel, lecture hall, church, environment etc are target locations.

Invest today with start up capital as low as 30,000 naira and smile to the bank with cool profits in less than 2 months.

Interested? Chat me up for more info! 08038137658

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Take A Look At The Children Begging Me In Abuja-pics / Northerners Can’t Afford Another Buhari As President In 2023 — NEF / Lai Mohammed: ISWAP Behind Attacks On Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.