Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,635 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi (21766 Views)

Pics From Timubulu Apc MASSIVE Rally In Abuja. / Apc Massive 1million March In Karu Nasarawa / Femi Fani-Kayode Is Dating Ezenwa Chika Nerita (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Islie: 8:39am On Nov 24, 2018
The reason I am seriously searching for the Isam Olu Ilu-led ‘massive infrastructure in South East’ is because that’s what I want to use to vote for the party in 2019.

Chika Abanobi

Brothers and Sisters in Crisis, I am searching for the ‘wildly’ acclaimed APC’s ‘massive infrastructure’ in South East. The APC’s spokesman, Lanre Issa-Onilu (Isam Olu Ilu? – Bitter Periwinkle?), said so while reacting to the reported endorsement of Atiku-Obi ticket by the Prof. Ben Nwabueze-led Igbo group. “It will be interesting to know what the PDP will be telling the Igbo people during the campaign,” he said in the press statement carrying the party’s position. Under the APC-led government, he added, “the South East people have (had) three and half years of visible progress in terms of massive infrastructure…”

I have been to South East and searched from Onitsha to Oko and Awka, from Owerri to Okigwe, Mbaise and Orlu, from Abakaliki to Ikwo, from Enugu to Nsukka, from Umuahia to Ukwa, I am yet to see this ‘massive infrastructure’. You all know that I am bland (blind?). I no dey see infrastructure, muchless ‘Mars-sieved’ ones! I believe that this is because of the massive sun rays coming from Mars. Abeg those of you who are long or far-sighted, make una help me search o. After all, they say in Igbo, what two have seen and are sure, there is no need arguing about it.

The reason I am seriously searching for the Isam Olu Ilu-led ‘massive infrastructure in South East’ is because that’s what I want to use to vote for the party in 2019. I only pray and hope that the ‘massive infrastructure’ which he talked about will be able to enter the ballot box. In that case, I urge the INEC Chairman, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, to provide us with a massive ballot box so that we can vote massively in appreciation of the ‘massive infrastructure’ that APC graciously and generously gave us, South Easterners, in the past “three and half years.”

Brothers and Sisters in Crisis, when I searched and searched and didn’t see anything, I asked for the help of my brother, Emmanuel Onwubiko, Head, Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA), a name which sounds like I hula uwa? (Ever seen this (kind of) world?). But he too confessed that he didn’t see the Isam Olu Ilu’s much-touted ‘massive infrastructure’.

Instead, he only saw “systematic neglect of federal roads,’ yes, in South East! I am not making this up, people. Ask him. He travelled through the Southeastern states, recently, during a private visit to his country home. “It is no longer news that the entire … South East suffers from serious infrastructure deficits,” he wrote in an opinion article published in the Daily Sun last week.

And, in case you are not minded to do so, that is, to ask him because, as you know, in these days of political campaigns, you never can tell which side one belongs – whether APC or PDP, Buhari (Buharia, ‘change it or move the thing around/about’, in Igbo) or Atiku (Ati ku! ‘we are all dead’, in Yoruba), you could as well ask Baba himself, I mean our Presido. His observation agrees with that of Onwubiko (a name which as you must have learnt from your reading of Ekwefi’s travails in Achebe’s Things Fall Apart, means ‘Death, I implore you’, ‘I beg you’!). Which is one prayer you should not cease to pray if you are a Nigerian traveling through any of the Federal roads in South East.

When I say that Baba’s view agrees with Onwubiko’s on the serious infrastructure deficits in South East, what do I mean by that? Let The Guardian and Vanguard newspaper reports of November 14, 2017 tell us. Buhari says South-East’s infrastructural deficit would be addressed announced one of The Guardian headlines of that day. Infrastructure deficit in South East Worries Buhari, read Vanguard’s. So? The question I want to ask is: between Buhari, Onwubiko and Isam Olu Ilu? who is telling the truth?

For a clearer picture of what the infrastructure deficit is all about, Onwubiko reports that, “the long stretch of Federal Highway linking Enugu, Ebonyi, Abia and Okigwe in Imo State has virtually collapsed.
The expansive two lanes of the usually boisterous and very busy road has become a shadow of itself following the total collapse of one of the lanes. I observed regrettably that all the vehicular movements flowing in from all parts of Nigeria heading towards Abia from Enugu, Imo, Ebonyi and Rivers states are now forced to rely on the only lane that has yet to collapse totally.

“To understand the enormity of the rot and consequential dysfunctionality, a traveller only needs to get to Lokpanta in Abia State whereby the northern population of cow sellers live to witness the epochal decay of the road infrastructure…. Lokpanta along the Enugu/Okigwe Federal Highway is not only an eyesore but is an epidemic waiting to implode… As if the decay you noticed about strategic national road infrastructure in the South East is not limited to the Enugu-Okigwe highway, the moment you veer off the highway from Okigwe and you drive towards Owerri, what confronts your sight is perhaps the most criminally neglected national road infrastructure of all times. I have never seen such criminality on the part of government targeting the ordinary populace who are deliberately subjected to traumatic experiences just to commute through that Okigwe to Owerri highway.”

Let nobody try (dare?) me o. This is because if I use the vex wey dey my heart come siddon for inside one of the potholes, craters or is, it manholes? that have come to characterize most of the federal roads in South Eastern states, in recent years (including the Isam Olu Ilu’s said three-and-half years) and curse people collecting the money meant for the roads and putting them into the Single Treasury Account, my curse (cause?) fit reach Aso Rock o. I swear! Make nobody talk, say I no tell am o.
In fact, all that I need to do is stay inside one of the man-size potholes (manholes?) and do some incantations and everybody telling lies, flies or bedbugs in Abuja, about APC-led government’s so-called ‘massive infrastructure in South East’ will begin to fall ‘sic’ (sick?), worm by worm (one-by-one?).

So? In light of these facts, Brothers and Sisters in Crisis, what is my conclusion? I want to believe that what Isam Olu Ilu? meant to say is Mars-sieved, not ‘massive’ infrastructures. Who knows, the typist or secretary who typed the press statement probably made a mistake! Or, what do you think?

http://sunnewsonline.com/searching-for-apcs-massive-infrastructure-in-south-east/

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Lifestone(m): 8:46am On Nov 24, 2018
I am as well interested, I have seen images of the second Niger bridge, the reconstruction of the Enugu ABA, Ikot Ekpene Road. I am not from SE and would like to know.

8 Likes

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Inspectorsuga22(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2018
APC's major achievement in d South East so far is Operation Python Dance plus Rochas and his statue moulding episodes....
$tupid Blood sucking party...

214 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by SouthWestFacts: 9:02am On Nov 24, 2018
Searching for PDP massive infrastructure in Southwest.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:13am On Nov 24, 2018
SouthWestFacts:
Searching for PDP massive infrastructure in Southwest.
Is PDP in power now?

168 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Afamed: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2018
Inspectorsuga22:
APC's major achievement in d South East so far is Operation Python Dance plus Rochas and his statue moulding episodes....
$tupid Blood sucking party...
hmm

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Afamed: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2018
Islie:

The reason I am seriously searching for the Isam Olu Ilu-led ‘massive infrastructure in South East’ is because that’s what I want to use to vote for the party in 2019.

http://sunnewsonline.com/searching-for-apcs-massive-infrastructure-in-south-east/

lalasticlala, mynd44
I am here to burst your lies and deceit. From all indications, you are nothing but PDP apologist. Even though I am not from the East.You said you have not seen any massive project in the east despite you have moved from one state to state.

Here, for the PDP propagandist like you, I do come to the east virtually every 2month to carry some official assignment.Presently , as I am typing, I have been in the east close to 2 weeks now. And I have gone up to 4 states ( Enugu,Imo, Anambra and Abia State). The roads from Umueze that connect Okigwe to the express road via Ihite in Imo state is a road just constructed by F.G via NDDC. The road was in a mess years ago.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 24, 2018
M
Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Ttipsy(f): 9:59am On Nov 24, 2018
SE is marginalised, no single Road construction, no rail line. noting. but go to Abuja and SW..

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by onez: 10:01am On Nov 24, 2018
Op, don't be tired, Nigerians in north east, north west, north central, south west and south south are also searching with you in all nooks and cranny. Hopefully, we will find that heaven on earth (NIgeria). I and my family are fully atikulated.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Afamed: 10:02am On Nov 24, 2018
Immediately you join the Okigwe/Enugu/ Aba road, there you see another massive construction going on till you get to Okigwe town by the roundabout itself. If you continue your drive.From Amuzu down to Amino , Umuagu, Arab contractors are on ground,

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Afamed: 10:06am On Nov 24, 2018
Ttipsy:
SE is marginalised, no single Road construction, no rail line. noting. but go to Abuja and SW..
Why do you people like to look for sympathy like this. Go to Abia, Imo , Enugu states if there no big elephant roads construction going on in those states. I have just moved around those states within 2 weeks now. Go to 9th mile down to Okpudo/ Umumba by Ezeagu local government in Enugu state. That's by Onitsha/ Enugu express way. A road of 22klm is nearing completion by RCC.Go to Okigwe/ Umuahi/ Enugu roads. Arab contractors and Setraco are on ground. That's another roads of 76klm under construction. Come to Second Niger Bridge here , it's another project by FG government. To be sincere, I don't know why you people like a life of self denial like this. Or is it because you have never visited another areas in your region that made you to believe all these deceit people sell to you?

27 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by SouthWestFacts: 10:30am On Nov 24, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Is PDP in power now?

No, but what has the PDP done when they were in power.

#sharing money

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Afamed: 11:16am On Nov 24, 2018
SouthWestFacts:

No, but what did the PDP do when they were in power.

#sharing money
He will not answer you. Ignore him

7 Likes

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by abc115: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2018
grin
Some people have eyes...but they refuse to see

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by husbandsnatcha(f): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2018
Apc is a curse 2 d middle belt n christians generally even shiite moslems!

Any igbo wl bear me witness dat since buhari entered in 2015 killing of igbos av reduced(no igbos wie killed accept ipob killings) n d middle belts ,north ,north christians ar d ones being killed!

Karma is always swt ' imagine tivmen in zaki biam during 2015 election " ar cursing igbos 4 nt suppprting apc" dey sing n dance wt kettle in dia hands shouting we ar fulanis igbos go n die' Our redeemer liveth is always dey 2 save us frm shame frm our enemies!

Do you knw dat all d killings in benue state "no igbo was killed" u see ! Is lyk d angel of death who sent dem , warned dem nt 2 touch d igbos VOTE BUHARI SO DAT D MIDDLE BELT WHO KILLED US DURING 1967 BE WIPE OUT

MY IGBO BROTHERS N SISTER ANYWHERE U AR WALK WT UR HEAD HIGH " D LORD OF HOST IS WT U EVEN IN D DEN OF HATRED N ENVY (NORTH N WEST) NO 1 WL HARM U AGAIN

FRM : MAMA VEE ,
BIAFRAN YOUTH MATRON

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by XOGBADO(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2018
The projects are obviously too massive to see.
Please Who knows how tall uncle Rocha's Christmas tree would be?? grin
This one might even be as tall as the tower of Babylon

Oh! I forgot... Rocha's has not been himself for a while now. cry

9 Likes

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Ebimor96: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
grin
Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Ebimor96: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
grin grin
Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Naijawebmaster: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
Nigeria is gradually coming to a point of revolution.

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.

1 Like

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 24, 2018
grin "Too big to see"

List of Federal Roads that are bad in the South East as I type (prove me wrong with facts):

1. Onitsha-Enugu Road, 9th Mile - Trans Ekulu roads
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/despite-claims-by-the-fg-motorists-groan-on-enugu-onitsha-expressway/

I claimed elsewhere that some sections.of this road (Enugu State) is constructed by RCC via Enugu State funding. https://www.enugustate.gov.ng/index.php/portfolio/cross-unit-meta-services/

2. Onitsha - Awka Road (under construction by ANSG?)
Still part of Onitsha Enugu Expressway

3. Ihiala - Orlu Road.Though FG claimed to rehabilitate the road but as I write, nothing had been done there. https://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/07/orlu-ihiala-expressway-now-death-trap/
(used by people plying Akwa Ibom, Cross River, etc)

4. PH - Aba- Enugu Expressway

5. PH- Owerri (IMO State Section. Gov. Rotimi Amaechi constructed the Rivers State section of that road as an intervention on federal roads).
http://thenationonlineng.net/death-trap-called-port-harcourt-owerri-road/

Now, tell me one thing the FG has done in 3+ years that is massive. 2nd Niger Bridge? Calculated and Stalled concessioning of Onitsha Port, by Boss Mustapha (now SSG to FG) and Senator Olorunnimbe Mamora of NIWA?

7 Likes 3 Shares

grin grin grin grin
Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Guyman02: 1:11pm On Nov 24, 2018
The infrastructure is so large that you can't see it with your na.ked eyes: Lai Mohammed

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by MARKETfund: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
Afamed:

I am here to burst your lies and deceit. From all indications, you are nothing but PDP apologist. Even though I am not from the East.You said you have not seen any massive project in the east despite you have moved from one state to state.

Here, for the PDP propagandist like you, I do come to the east virtually every 2month to carry some official assignment.Presently , as I am typing, I have been in the east close to 2 weeks now. And I have gone up to 4 states ( Enugu,Imo, Anambra and Abia State). The roads from Umueze that connect Okigwe to the express road via Ihite in Imo state is a road just constructed by F.G via NDDC. The road was in a mess years ago.

You mean with all this your 'virtually every 2months I am in the east ' it's only Ihite Imo state road awarded and almost completed during the past regime that you can lay hand on?

These guys are funny
cheesycheesy

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by NOC1(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
Sometime last month, i travelled to Afikpo from owerri, i was pleased to pass through Aba-Umuahia - Okigwe road, i was so happy to see massive road construction going on, a section of the road have been completed. Before any human will say it is a project of previous administration, let me inform you that this project is funded by Sukuku Bond

6 Likes

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Godjone(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
liars from the pit of hell fire that is apc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2018
Afamed:

Is Ihite -Okigwe road a federal road? Ok, Is it "massive"?
Only one road. Tell us another "massive" infrastructure.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
Afamed:

Why do you people like to look for sympathy like this. Go to Abia, Imo , Enugu states if there no big elephant roads construction going on in those states. I have just moved around those states within 2 weeks now. Go to 9th mile down to Okpudo/ Umumba by Ezeagu local government in Enugu state. That's by Onitsha/ Enugu express way. A road of 22klm is nearing completion by RCC.Go to Okigwe/ Umuahi/ Enugu roads. Arab contractors and Setraco are on ground. That's another roads of 76klm under construction. Come to Second Niger Bridge here , it's another project by FG government. To be sincere, I don't know why you people like a life of self denial like this. Or is it because you have never visited another areas in your region that made you to believe all these deceit people sell to you?
pls post pictures of the "massive infrastructures" lets shame them

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by michoim(m): 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
You have being blinded by PDP/IPOB so you can't see it

3 Likes

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by jude2391: 1:13pm On Nov 24, 2018
hmm
Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by dotcomnamename: 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2018
Mtchew another self consolation process ahead of defeat election.

PMB/PYO/APC election is a Won-Deal-Already

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi by kingharzy: 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2018
undecided

Joke of the century (or even more). The only thing you'll ever find is a reawarded, refurbished GEJ project.
I only saw this truth after 3 years of blindness.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide / CCT Trial: Saraki's Media Office Raises Alarm / Reno Omokri Reacts To President Buhari's Comment On Nigerian Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.