Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,276 members, 7,815,464 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide (21771 Views)

Police IG Orders Arrest Of Senator Abbo, His Orderly Over Assault On Sales Girl / Suspend The Handover To Egbetokun New IG Orders Omohimi Edgal / IG Orders SARS Operatives To Wear Uniform For Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
The acting Inspector-General of Police, Olukayode Egbetokun, has ordered watertight security nationwide over planned protests by the Nigeria Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress during the week.

The Force Headquarters on Tuesday said the IG is deeply concerned about recent developments regarding the planned nationwide protests by the labour unions.

While being mindful of the right to peaceful protest, as enshrined in our constitution, the IG urges all parties involved to ensure that the planned demonstrations are conducted in a peaceful manner to prevent being hijacked by miscreants, owing to the previous ugly experiences of such protests in most major cosmopolitan cities in the country.

“The IG, however, acknowledges the grievances raised by the labour unions and the importance of constructive dialogue, which is sine qua none, in addressing these issues,” the spokesperson for the Nigeria Police Force, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi said in a correspondence obtained by our correspondent.

The police boss also urged all stakeholders, including the NLC, TUC, and other civil society groups, to embrace peaceful dialogue as “the most effective means of resolving grievances,” while also reemphasising that the police is committed to ensuring a secure and conducive environment for open dialogue, constructive engagement and mutual understanding for a seamless exercise of civil rights.

Adejobi further noted that the IG has also ordered the Commissioners of Police in charge of various commands, and supervisory Assistant Inspectors-General of Police, to engage in fruitful discussions with the NLC/TUC leadership to foster understanding and reach common grounds on the planned protests.

“A peaceful and coordinated approach is crucial to achieving meaningful solutions and preventing any form of violence or disruptions to public order, should the protests persist.

The Nigeria Police Force reiterates its commitment to ensuring the safety and security of all citizens during the period of the planned protests as all necessary measures to facilitate the peaceful conduct of these demonstrations have been emplaced,” he said.

Warning against violence, the NPF said perpetrators will not tolerate any act that threatens the peace and well-being of the country, adding that perpetrators will be dealt with.

Adejobi added, “However, it is hereby reaffirmed that any attempt by miscreants to exploit the situation for violent purposes viz-a-viz vandalism, gangsterism, and extortion will be met with the firm, professional and commensurate lawful approach. The Police will not tolerate any act that threatens the peace and well-being of our country.

In light of the potential challenges posed by the planned protests, the Nigeria Police Force is fully prepared to deploy all available resources to maintain law and order and to protect the lives and property of our citizens. The IGP, therefore, calls on all officers to be vigilant, professional, and uphold the highest standards of conduct during this period.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/protest-ig-orders-watertight-security-nationwide/%3famp

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by TemplarLandry: 2:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
cool
If we hear pim...

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by FreeStuffsNG: 2:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
It's NLC faction of Mr Obi's LP.
Lagos will not allow them burn down our city again.

121 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Nobody: 2:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Water tight security. For peaceful protest?

Na then you go know say them fit practice for call of duty use tear gas and gun flex muscle on civilians like they did at toll gate.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Racoon(m): 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
So what type of security have the police been providing across the nation before? What the Bleep is wrong with the leadership of this nation sef?

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Vinnie2000(m): 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
It's NLC faction of Mr Obi's LP. Lagos will not allow them burn down our city again.

Still Relying on your SHAMELESS Divide and succeed tactics. undecided

When that Hypocritical Grey-haired Wole Soyinka, Tunde Bakare, Bimbo Akintola and others Protested against Pres Goodluck Jonathan,
Why did Lagos not Burn?😏😕

154 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by AsomughaChuks05: 3:09pm On Aug 01, 2023
It looks odd that Mr Joe Ajaero whom many Nigerians don't trust because of his links with labour party and Peter Obi, who in turn is sympathetic to IPOB causes, will fix their strike for this week that IPOB had long announced will be when their 2 week sit at home would commence. It just seems like NLC are in solidarity with IPOB terrorists.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Augustone: 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Vinnie2000(m): 3:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:
It looks odd that Mr Joe Ajaero whom many Nigerians don't trust because of his links with labour party and Peter Obi, who in turn is sympathetic to IPOB causes, will fix their strike for this week that IPOB had long announced will be when their 2 week sit at home would commence. It just seems like NLC are in solidarity with IPOB terrorists.

When same, Joe Ajaero called off that intended June 1st Strike and was Laughing with Adams Oshiomhole,
Were you guys not Hailing him?😏

Self-deceit go Kill una! 😕🤦

92 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
AsomughaChuks05:

Onisokuso

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by BishopEmmanuel(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
Mumu IGP🤣🤣

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Phoen1X: 3:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
Apart from our subsidy, seems nigerians are about to loose their freedom to peacefully protest .

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Jostoman: 3:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Enough is Enough mr IG, we cant bear the suffering again.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by FreeStuffsNG: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
Lastmankc:
Have you not been calling obedient.Obi*diots and Obituary?
Mynd44
Smh. I don't use swear or derogatory words. It's against my upbringing, training, personal value and faith. I will express my opinion or/and disagree within the limits of decency and civility whether offline or online. You can never see me use any of those cringeworthy words you relish. Not my way at all.

98 Likes

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by ImoleNaija: 4:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hopefully, the Police would be in good conduct & let's hope the protest wouldn't be hijacked by the looters.

Btw,,,
Is this strike really holding tomorrow? I don't want to get stranded on my way back from work o.

1 Like

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by BoldBrainz(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
My placard don dry.

My white crested polo is ready.

I don nice up my sneakers.

Fez cap, sun shades, nose mask, bottle water and face towel, all set.

Tomorrow, we stand on NLC's mandate.. grin!

Wailers and haters can go and stand on Asiwaju's mandate. E no concern me!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by bukkysam(f): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Ok
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by ecolime(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Phoen1X:
Apart from our subsidy, seems nigerians are about to loose their freedom to peacefully protest .
You are free to protest. Just don't block the roads.

Gather peacefully in clusters with your placards.

1 Like

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by ClearFlair: 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
APC fails everywhere they turn

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by AllenSpencer: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good one!

Some hoodlums will capitalize on protest to cause havoc and destruction!

The military should be kitted in full gear and ready to "send back to God" anyone who poses a threat to law abiding citizens and infrastructures.

God bless The Nigerian Police Force!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Kashc0w: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me to know more about the course and my mentorship style .
Remember, this is just to help you . Act fast and grab the few slot remaining

1 Like

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by landmark86: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
Y
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by hisexcellency34: 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2023
The IGP that feels like a lion grin grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by superCleanworks(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
it is on
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Danidinho4: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
Make them shutdown the economy for like 2 weeks
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by chris20000: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
We have the right to protest and their is nothing you people can do about it

Meanwhile

Zubby Michael, Kcee, Cubana Chiefpriest, Zalatan, Sabinus and many others Storm Port Harcourt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOVO4gOH4w

3 Likes

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by Betanaija42moro: 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
We can't be intimidated again. Nigerians are tired, the hardship is too much on the masses

6 Likes

Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by adioolayi(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
NLC don chicken out as expected...IGP need not stress himself..

Tinubu's broadcast don break the rank and file of NLC...the man is called a political guru for a reason..

Anyways, with or without NLC, it's important Nigerians start easing from these hardship in the land as soon as possible...if not, dem no go tell anyone before dey hit the street..

President Tinubu and his cabinet should roll up their sleeves and gets their hands dirty...Governor's should also wake up...this hardship needs to be alleviated as soon as possible
Re: Protest: IG Orders Watertight Security Nationwide by allthingsgood: 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
very good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Remove Fuel Subsidy, Begins Consultation With NASS / Searching For APC’s ‘Massive Infrastructure’ In South-East - Chika Abanobi / Presidency Backs Lawan As APC Senators Protest Over Juicy Panels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.