Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,437 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:21 PM

Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take (615 Views)

I Need Your Advice On This Job / Which Professional Body Is Recommended For Those In The Economics Field. / Got Two Job Offers Today. Please Advice On Which To Choose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by vital1: 2:20pm On Nov 24, 2018
Good day everyone,

Please I need your advice on which professional course to take.
I studied statistics and I have my HND since 2013, marriage /childbirth did not let me focus much on my career since then, now I really want to add value to myself and I don't want anything that will narrow my chances of getting a better job offer compare to what I have now.

Thanks and God bless you as you respond to this.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by Godhead4(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2018
wink
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by 3Dee(m): 10:59pm On Nov 24, 2018
Just know Excel spreadsheet very well. What work experiences do you have ?
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by vital1: 12:41am On Nov 25, 2018
@3dee I worked in a microfinance bank as an head teller 2014 to 2017, but myself and my husband had to relocate because he was transfered. I currently work for an organization as a contract staff where I manage their website and social media accounts for them.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by 3Dee(m): 1:02am On Nov 25, 2018
vital1:
@3dee I worked in a microfinance bank as an head teller 2014 to 2017, but myself and my husband had to relocate because he was transfered. I currently work for an organization as a contract staff where I manage their website and social media accounts for them.

You're quite experienced. you can consider trainings in web designing and basic courses for a social media developer.
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by vital1: 8:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
3Dee:

You're quite experienced. you can consider trainings in web designing and basic courses for a social media developer.
Thanks but I don't really want pure IT like that. Am looking at something that will cut across my main field of study (statistics)and still be useful in other areas
Re: Nairalanders Pls I Need Advice On Which Professional Course To Take by donestk(m): 9:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
Remote Internship in International Development

International development is a very broad sector encompassing a huge range of organizations and job roles. Entry-level applicants need to be proactive, determined and flexible. You do not necessarily need to have a Master's degree in development to 'do development'. Most employers will look for at least six months and up to two years experience. This is so you can demonstrate practical knowledge of the sector.

Be aware that getting opportunities 'in the field' can be difficult for new graduates especially those without prior experience and internship positions in this sector are very limited and difficult to secure.

Dataville Research LLC's remote internship programme provides you tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly preparing you for entry-level positions in the international development sector.

At the end of this 3-month programme, participants should have a grasp of the rudiments of international development, data collection and management in development research and programme implementation.

The main target audience for this internship is international development prospects who will be directly implementing and evaluating programmes. Because of this, we generally stay away from very theoretical and academic content and opinion pieces that discuss problems without providing any practical solutions. A strong emphasis is placed on experiential learning, meaning that interns will be learning through the implementation of key phases of work in this internship.

How to apply:
http://datavillegroup.com/graduate-internship/

Closing date:
December 3, 2018

2018 Impact Assessment Report:
https://datavillegroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Internship-Impact-Assessment-Report.pdf

vital1:
Good day everyone,

Please I need your advice on which professional course to take.
I studied statistics and I have my HND since 2013, marriage /childbirth did not let me focus much on my career since then, now I really want to add value to myself and I don't want anything that will narrow my chances of getting a better job offer compare to what I have now.

Thanks and God bless you as you respond to this.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Job In Uyo, Please / Very Urgent Vacancy / Save The Children Nigeria Massive Recruitment (122 Openings)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.