Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks (807 Views)

'our Love Story (inspired By A True Love Story) / Nwando, Chinua Achebe’s Daughter Marks Father’s 8th Death Anniversary (Photos) / Five Novels By Nigerian Authors You Should Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks by damilare442: 3:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
This poem is an African story of those with tribal marks and a man who finds beauty behind those marks. Inspired by @adetutuo.j.

ÀDÙKẸ́ ONÍDÌRÍ
[center]
I love it when you laugh and smile,
At the same time, in my
delight I get sad.
Because I wish I could be the only
man while other men are animals
Àdùkẹ́, you're so beautiful
with those marks.
Don't be bothered about the city girls,
you got tribal marks not devil marks.

When you laugh I see a rihanna,
When you now decide to keep it
low I see a Michele Obama.
Àdùkẹ́ Onídìrí, follow me to the city,
I'll open a fashion hub for you
at the riverside of lekki.
Ẹni bíi ọkàn mi, please help
patch my broken ribs.

Àdùkẹ́ èmi ọwọn
When we've a daughter, we'll
name her Arẹ̀wà èkó (Lagos)
With your hands on her hair,
beautifulness will be a course
in the university.
Àdùkẹ́, dùkẹ́,
Shake those beads on your waist
for me and let's dance to Àpàlà
like sányẹ̀rì ọ̀kọlà.[/center]

Poet
Olajire Damilola Muyideen
(SmilingPen)
Instagram | @smiling_pen
Copyright Owner
Olajire Damilola Muyideen

I hope you enjoy the read and help share till it gets to the one inspires this piece.. @adetutuo.j

Re: See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks by damilare442: 3:53pm On Nov 24, 2018
Cc lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks by PUSSYBBQGRILLS(f): 3:58pm On Nov 24, 2018
Very lovely poem.

Yorubas are beautiful people.
Re: See The Trending Poem Inspired By Nigerian Model With Tribal Marks by damilare442: 7:27pm On Nov 24, 2018
PUSSYBBQGRILLS:
Very lovely poem.

Yorubas are beautiful people.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Best Stories In Nairaland / Dear Writer, Stop Receiving Peanuts For Your Work / The Church Witch (A Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.