Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set (321 Views)

How Can My Story Get To The Front Page / I Forgot The Title Of This Book. Who Knows It? / Read And Enjoy Short Story - Get It Now! Limited Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set by urboyAce(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2018
He was running from something or someone, he didn’t even know what or who was chasing him, he kept running like an antelope hotly pursued by a ravenous Lion, he turned around to see what was chasing him, what he saw shocked him.
“What! What did I do wrong?”
With every passing minute the steps behind him drew nearer, he started to audibly hear the barking of well trained police dogs behind him and this made him grow weaker and weaker out of fear and confusion
“Surrender!” A cop shouted from behind him.
He turned around to see fully-armed cops coming after him with angry looking dogs sticking out their tongues with saliva dropping, what actually got him confused, was the realization that he was somewhere he's never been to before, everything seemed weird and that really made him more befuddled. “What am I doing here? This must be a dream?”
A young man in his mid-twenties with a bright future joined the police force out of revenge, passion and the fact that his grandfather he never knew was a cop. He realized that he was in the middle of the devil and the deep blue sea, to the left fully armed cops were coming, to the right were police cars blazing their sirens, to the back was a river and at his front was a house with a very high fence. Being a man who enjoyed tree climbing since his early days, it wasn’t hard jumping over the fence, he landed on the other side of the house with a mighty thud, but someone was already there waiting for him.
His childhood friend; Steve, they were so close people thought they were gay, they attended the same school through out their life, they wore the same kind of clothes, they did things together and they eventually joined the police force together.
“Steve! How did you get here?” Henry asked with surprise in his voice.
“You killed me and you think you can ever get away with that”, Steve said with scorn.
“Dude, are you sick or something?”Henry asked confused.
“You can’t run forever bro, you made me die untimely and this is your reward "Steve said and slowly brought out a gun from his pocket.
"You can run, but not faster than a bullet"
“Steve please put that gun down; I promise we can fix this”.
“Henry there are some things we can’t fix “, Steve, replied.
“Please!”
"You are my friend so I want you to choose your type of death, the cops will be here any minute, you’ll get arrested but I’ll continue disturbing you and you'll die slowly or I kill u now".
“Freeze!”
Henry came back to his senses after hearing the shout from a cop, he turned around and it dawned on him that Steve was no longer there and he was on his way to jail.
“Your hands behind your head and go down on your kneels, if you try to run, you are dead”.
"Mr Henry Williams, you are under arrest for the murder of Detective Steve Johnson!”
"MISHAP"
Expect my first novel dropping soon
Re: Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set by Mavikolo2020: 8:45pm On Nov 24, 2018
Waiting patiently
Re: Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set by Ann2012(f): 9:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
Oya na....seat claimed cool
Re: Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set by Nobody: 10:49pm On Nov 24, 2018
smiley waiting
Re: Mishap Title Of An Upcoming Story, Get Set by urboyAce(m): 2:01pm On Nov 25, 2018
its a crime novel with a little romance

(1) (Reply)

Ambition / Way Forward (poem) By Osuji Godspower Chiji / Dear Writers, Want To Earn Extra Income Writing? Check Out These Blogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.