Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 AM

Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons (38346 Views)

Soldiers Protest Over Unpaid Allowances, Obsolete Equipment In Borno / Sunday Igboho Apprehends Soldiers, Accuse FG Of Spying On Him (Photos) / Despite Buhari’s $1bn Approval For Arms, Soldiers Lament Obsolete Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by arabbunkum: 2:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Arrest him where? Who go tell them??
mgbadike81:
lol, I know but if he's arrested, he'll face a court-martial.

2 Likes

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by VISIONARY2018: 2:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Is that enough reason why you should intentionally submit yourselves to be killed by Boko Haram militia? Don't you guys know that you're constituting nuisance and destroying the image of this great nation abroad? My friends here were making fun of me due to your incompetence.

If at all the government weren't buying you latest ammunitions, can't you guys afford that with your salaries? At least, you're getting paid. The government will not always be there for us. Since you've vowed to defend your country in any situation, you shouldn't be too stingy to buy yourselves some riffles to get rid of a more dangerous enemy.

And you think, you have anything in this your head called Brain? hmmm.....
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Rich4god(m): 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Is that enough reason why you should intentionally submit yourselves to be killed by Boko Haram militia? Don't you guys know that you're constituting nuisance and destroying the image of this great nation abroad? My friends here were making fun of me due to your incompetence.

If at all the government weren't buying you latest ammunitions, can't you guys afford that with your salaries? At least, you're getting paid. The government will not always be there for us. Since you've vowed to defend your country in any situation, you shouldn't be too stingy to buy yourselves some riffles to get rid of a more dangerous enemy.
Thunder fire you there.... sad

If you're among those that lost someone in the last attack,vwill u say this.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by JuanDeDios: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

2020 ke? shocked
Boko Haram go dey rule Nigeria by then ke! grin
Unfortunately, you don't buy that kind of hardware off the shelf. We're suffering because successive governments since 1984 failed to service the military.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by KanwuliaExtra: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Unfortunately, you don't buy that kind of hardware off the shelf. We're suffering because successive governments since 1984 failed to service the military.

Which past government? embarassed
The military that chops its own money?
Now, they are crying fowl!

The corruption on all levels is overwhelming I swear! embarassed

1 Like

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by anonymuz(m): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
mkoabiola:
Who says u cannot resign from d military.

There are procedures to resign if not u would b declared AWO.

U expect a soildier collecting less than 100k to defend this country.
There is more to insurgency.
I laugh in swali.

I was once there,no b joke

Boko boyz are not smiling
what's AWO
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Kenturkey048(m): 4:36pm On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:

How can we leave Pdp that ruined our economy for 16 year
u are big mumu..PDP ruin your economy for 16years..u brought APC,buhari for dat mata to fix it..mumu..
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 5:20pm On Nov 25, 2018
shomayo:
This is bad and giving me second thoughts maybe I will heed to my parent advise not to join the military anymore but that is where my life base and only thing I wanted to do in this life������

Don't join the Nigerian Army. You can always join the French legion or the American reserves. All you have to do is research on the internet. Don't be a lazy Nigerian youth.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
lordess:
I watched the video yesterday evening.
A military officer (a captain) that was posted & withdrawn from that exact military base sent the video. I wanted to post the video here for all to watch.
But then, i thought about the implications & i refrained.

It's a real pity... Real pity. Yet this government are just busy chasing shadows.

GOD ALMIGHTY will surely deliver this country from blood-sucking demons in human form.

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Delivery date is 2020. I doubt they'd be delivered at all if the army doesn't do anything about the human rights violation reports dogging them.

Have we paid? And if that is so, why will they deny us of what we have paid for?
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by donsam05(m): 5:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:
A bad workman always quarrels with his tools - African proverbs
shey u know u don't have sense,,,, u think a war front is a barber's shop abi...

1 Like

Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by brodalokie: 5:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
Rotimi47:
What do you call a terrorist group to have basses in 4 countries and also lunch attack against militaries of 4 different countries on their own territory? Bokoharam consist of different small groups, people of different tribes, different countries, different races and different ideology; They simply came together under one major ideology.

Did Bokoharam go away or get desiminated after they sworn allegiance to isisl? They are getting stronger and bolder by the day.

Let me ask you these questions of which I expect an honest answer from you.

1. Do Bokoharam have bases outside Nigeria borders?
2. Have Bokoharam ever carried out attacks outside Nigeria?
3.Is there a multinational force fighting Bokoharam?
4.Did Bokoharam swear allegiance to isisl?
5.Is Bokoharam attack restricted or confined to Nigeria?
6.why compare them to Nigeria delta militant groups that didn't take their fight or attack outside the territory of Nigeria?
7.Why is it that the Multinational forces have not been able to defeat Bokoharam and Cameroon with all their military equipment and huge budgets compared to What Bokoharam have?
8. Why do cameroon seek for France military support against Bokoharam?
9.Are you saying that only Kanuris make up Bokoharam Since they're indigenous to that part of the country?
10.Do you know that several Arab fighters fighting alongside Bokoharam have been killed by the Nigerian Military and was majorly kept as secret under former administration?

I will appreciate honest answers to my questions.

Do have a splendid Sunday.

Boko Haram is indigenous fight that seek to Arrow any foreign influence. That is their main aim. It can not trive in a conglomerate organization for instance, say joining issues with Niger deltan militia group. They are going to clash due to their different codes of operation and idealism. Maybe what you are experiencing isn't a Boko Haram, maybe they're joining issues to confuse you. You know that you can't really trust the media. It's like pussy with a yeast infection
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by poseidon12: 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:
There is more to this Boko-Haram carnage

Both Apc and Pdp Leaders Know fully well about it

It’s a pity that the suffering masses that doesn’t enjoy anything from the government are those feeling the heat

This one you are blaming both APC and PDP, it seems you are tired of your role as a zombie and BMC.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by poseidon12: 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2018
Venerable612:
Followed this news keenly.

The BH attack was successful because they disguised in army apparels and caught the NA unawares. SuggesTs;

1. There are moles/informants supplying the B information and wears in the NA.

2. The desert is too wide and very difficult to defend.

It’s obvious they need to fortify their base with defence walls and high watch post like we see in movies. All in coming vehicles must confirm identity from a 1km radius or it’s shot down with a missile.

Secondly, we need help from foreign troops. These Boko guys are getting help from ISIS and soon they may start thinking of coming into the south/west/east. If foreign troops can join the NA they can cover more grounds technically and man power wise - that desert is so huge.

We just need to tackle this shit headon before it escalates. We must start by voting out Buhari, he is clueless already!!

But your assertions are logically flawed.

1. You can’t KNOW that there are no moles; unless you work in the NA and you have done internal intelligence to confirm your hypothesis. In principle - Yoruba says “bi Ogun ile o ba Jani, tita o le jani”. It makes it more likely that some people are sabotaging the war by assisting BH.

2. I don’t know much about the span of Iraq desert’s... but I am glad you mentioned alqaeda war. Those guys were chased out following helpss from foreign troops; American and UN soldiers specifically. He Sambisa forest spans about 4 different territories with lots of trees and caves. It’s so vast... we obviously need so foreign help and intelligence. Our machineries and personnel are obsolete!

To the contrary, the Army were not taken unawares. We heard that the Boko terrorists actually wrote the Army to inform them they were coming and the date. They were just outgunned.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by poseidon12: 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2018
theoldpretender:
The thing is, this is not a war like the Nigerian Civil war...where there were formal fronts,and well defined battle lines.

I should point out that the Nigerian Army has done well against Boko....in 2014,Boko boys were virtually in control of Borno,Yobe, some parts of Adamawa,and even extending into Bauchi....but now...they are confined to the north east of Borno.

Boko,however,is not your typical Army....they are fighting asymetirc warfare.And the best way to fight asymetric warfare is by fighting back the same way.

In the 1970'S the racist government of Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe)was losing the war against the Liberation forces of ZANU and ZAPU. Their response was to form an asymetric warfare unit known as the Selous Scouts.

Some special characteristics of the Scouts.

1.They were an integrated group. (Whites and blacks could join.There were also black officers commanding white soldiers.)
2.A key part of their training involved infiltration.
3.Also, they took in former freedom fighters and turned them to the side of the government.

The result...the Scouts had a higher success rate than many other units of the Rhodesian armedforces....including the all white Rhodesian Light Infantry.

Now, we have our own special forces....I wonder if they can infintrate Boko...and cause confusion.

One more thing...I suspect the attack on Malete was conducted by hundreds of Boko boys...who concentrated their efforts on that tiny outpost. That is how people like Boko operate...and indeed have operated...attack a small millitary outpost....kill lots ofpeople...and cart away weapons.Job done...especially in the area of psychological terror.

(Same way they operated under PDP is the same way they are operating under APC....which to meproves that Boko was never in anyone'spocket.....We are all in this toghether....Southerners or Northerners.).

Infact, Boko's key aim is to sow discord. See...it works. Rumors are now spreading about 'obsolete equipment, poorly trained soldiers,poorly motivated soldiers,and Christian cannon fodder (my personal favourite)>

As Sun TZU said...Kill one and frighten 10000. (Kill 77....)

At this point....I would like to say that we Nigerians shouldput aside politics and religion and fight this Boko menance with all we got. Whether we get a new government in 2019 or not...to fight and destroy Boko is a task that must be done.

And we must also fight the Boko in our communites. In many Nigerian communites...there are large numbers of unemployed and underused youths. These guys are potential Boko Haram . And they are not all Muslims or Christians....they are the result of systemic neglect by government at alllevels of the youth of this country. It is high time we mounted a crusade against youth unemployment and underdevelopment in tis countiry...before we have our version of Boko Haram in our neighbourhoods.....

Problem is, with a tribalist like Buhari as President, it is futile asking Nigerians to unite. Look at his appointments into the leadership of the security services. Don't you have a problem with that? The security architecture of Nigeria right now is under the control of the Fulani and Kanuri. Buhari is Fulani with a Kanuri mother. Meanwhile, the Fulani are only less than 7% of Nigeria's population. I have a big problem with such a scenario. Well meaning Nigerians should ensure to vote against Buhari in 2019. We need a President that can unite Nigerians.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by TechCapon(m): 7:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
IamD18:
Why didn't you cowards complain and accuse the military authorities from procuring obsolete weapons when you were killing innocent citizens and calling it Python dance.

The result of curses and prayers from the loved ones of those you lots killed are beginning to manifest. Ogbu nma ga ala na nma.

Thunder from Okija shrine scatter una mouth there.
you spoke my mind
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Kfed4ril(m): 8:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
sarrki:
There is more to this Boko-Haram carnage

Both Apc and Pdp Leaders Know fully well about it

It’s a pity that the suffering masses that doesn’t enjoy anything from the government are those feeling the heat

Bros shouldn’t you be bothered about the $1b
Your god and saviour buhari withdrew for procurement of weapons for the military some months back and we still haven’t seen any, while the innocent soldiers are dieing like chicken.

The different between pdp and apc is that pdp are thieves and don’t hide it but apc are bigger thieves but come to us as saints.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Ehisnaruto(m): 8:51pm On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Just look at what this mofo is vomiting, must you comment?
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by cozykozy: 9:19pm On Nov 25, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

your mumu suppose to dey collect salary and allowance...are you a proffessional idiot?
just record what you are saying and listen to it...
haabaa...common sense no common ooo
nairaland abeg ban me atleast my conscience is free
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by JuanDeDios: 9:45pm On Nov 25, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

Have we paid? And if that is so, why will they deny us of what we have paid for?
Once a payment schedule and everything are agreed, they start building them for you and you're told when they'd be ready. You don't build military aircraft and put them in Shoprite for people to start "pricing" and buying.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by JuanDeDios: 9:48pm On Nov 25, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Which past government? embarassed
The military that chops its own money?
Now, they are crying fowl!

The corruption on all levels is overwhelming I swear! embarassed
Yeah. The military era was the worst. The military sabotaged itself. The last time we had anything resembling a government in this country was the Shagari era. It's not just military hardware. That's when the last primary and secondary schools and hospitals and prisons and almost everything else were built in this country.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by sinaj(f): 11:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
MajorJeffery:
Sadly, that can't happen without severe consequences. Enlisting in the military is like signing a suicide note, no retreat and no surrender until the contract ends. Problem with Nigeria military is too much politics and corruption. I remember working with some of them on few occasions and how they were novices to some of the gadgets my men and I had. Truth is that they were good but only lacked proper training and gadgets to be gallant. I weep for my home country Nigeria.

Its a pity.

Had a friend in the army, she loved the force so much but the passion for it died immediately she joined the army.

She keeps saying that the whole thing is bleeped up from the inside that they are really suffering. She plans on leaving their property for them and escaping whenever she gets any little opportunity to run.
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Babacele: 12:35am On Nov 26, 2018
wanger50:
She's absolutely correct. Fact is the Chadians pulled out of the northern corridor and the terrorists, with their advanced intelligence exploited the loophole.Ask yourself how the South African mercenaries hired by GEJ were able to push back the terrorist far afield in a period of less than six months,using same weapons those guys are lamenting about. Matter of fact is the army is filled with soldiers selected on the basis of political patronage rather than natural endowments and abilities
isn't the same army that has been giving BH bloody nose ,limiting them to the NE alone unlike the cancer the terrorists had become under GEJ? What changed? Truth is that there has been some sabotage in recent times either in one form or the other and certain fundamental changes need to take place- even if it involves disciplining the military heads .
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by KanwuliaExtra: 1:09am On Nov 26, 2018
JuanDeDios:

Yeah. The military era was the worst. The military sabotaged itself. The last time we had anything resembling a government in this country was the Shagari era. It's not just military hardware. That's when the last primary and secondary schools and hospitals and prisons and almost everything else were built in this country.

There you go!
Awon ministers of defense and their over inflated budgets kwa?

Now Boko Haram dey show the poor foot soldiers pepper, while the pot-bellies top officials are chilling with their billions. Ha! cheesy
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by JuanDeDios: 7:36am On Nov 26, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

There you go!
Awon ministers of defense and their over inflated budgets kwa?

Now Boko Haram dey show the poor foot soldiers pepper, while the pot-bellies top officials are chilling with their billions. Ha! cheesy
It's sad. The two things you'd have expected a General-President of a country at war to do - massive purchase of arms and massive recruitment of soldiers - have not been done. While we're waiting for US-made aircraft, we can buy tanks and other hardware. But not much has been achieved in that area. It appears the ones Jonathan hurriedly managed to order at the end of his presidency are now exhausted so soldiers have started talking of being poorly armed again. Overinflated budged = overinflated stomachs!
Re: Surviving Soldiers Accuse Military Authorities Of Procuring Obsolete Weapons by Unie30: 4:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
I voted Buhari because of his unfilled promise of probing the military. It is 3 years plus now and he has done nothing. Politicians and their tricks to get to power, and steal the nation resources without remorse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Thugs Take Over Kano As Newly-posted DIG Michael ‘rejigs’ Security Arrangement / Imo Monachs Tell FG To Allow Nnamdi Kanu Come Home To Bury His Mother / EndSARS: Protesters Block All Routes Going In And Out Of Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.