Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,439 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC (25016 Views)

Governor Akeredolu's Wife & Son Keep Him In Ibadan Against His Wishes / Court Orders Seizure Of 46 Houses, Land Linked To Ngozi Juliet Olejeme / Photos Of Wife & Son Of Ibrahim Sakaba Killed By Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by BeiFangLaye(m): 6:15am On Nov 25, 2018
This politics is another hustle my people..... God deliver us from evil

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by hysteriabox(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2018
doctokwus:
Just like Silva.
Buhari is the most corrupt,most integrity deficit,most nepotic,most parochial and most incompetent,by dozen of miles,head of government,anywhere in the world,that the world may ever know.
Idi Amin,Mobutu Seseseko,Paul Biya of Cameroun etc,are amateurs in all the aforementioned,when compared to Buhari.
If there is hell,then the hottest parts are waiting for anyone that elects to vote this man again,Muslim,Christian or Pagan

Says the guardian of the HELLexy
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by TEDHorsePower: 6:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Kwaruption pighting back cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by akphrat(m): 6:40am On Nov 25, 2018
Not new again in this Country. If you are in APC party, you are not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by FarahAideed: 6:47am On Nov 25, 2018
doctokwus:
Just like Silva.
Buhari is the most corrupt,most integrity deficit,most nepotic,most parochial and most incompetent,by dozen of miles,head of government,anywhere in the world,that the world may ever know.
Idi Amin,Mobutu Seseseko,Paul Biya of Cameroun etc,are amateurs in all the aforementioned,when compared to Buhari.
If there is hell,then the hottest parts are waiting for anyone that elects to vote this man kagain,Muslim,Christian or Pagan

I have always maintained this fact ..infact it was Buharis emergence in 1983 that institutionalised corruption in this country , the man is morally bankrupt from A to Z

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by RTSC: 6:51am On Nov 25, 2018
Sai baba.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Reference(m): 7:41am On Nov 25, 2018
yomi961:
Your parents queued up for long hours in 1984 for milk, rice and beans; you'd have to be a gullible dimwit to think buhari gives a damn about you anti corruption fight?

A people with no knowledge of their history will never be gifted with the skills of retrospective analysis, and are bound to keep repeating their mistakes. This is exactly why it was easy to pick up an expired ethnic bigot and despotic illiterate from the dustbin of history, and dust him up into a "reformed democrat" in the eyes of the gullible, ignorant populace.

I don't like your name calling and insultive words on the person of the President but the facts stated in the first two paragraphs are sacrosanct and and an apt description of who we are and why we find ourselves here. We Nigerians are much too ignorant to have the qualitative society we so desire.

Not standing in for Fayose but what is there to gain from making a deal with one criminal (effectively setting him free) to prosecute another of equal or some will debate lesser stock. From the look of things Obanikoro probably stole more, was a Federal official and his financial crimes had a bigger impact on the nations image.

If the EFCC was truly an institution and not just an appendage of this political government then I cannot see how settling with Obanikoro to nail Fayose can be considered to be a 'good deal'. It just smacks of political play. If they want to see how apolitical institutions work then they should look at what is happening to the Trump administration and the crminal justice system of the United States.

Unfortunately some will hail this development instead of condemning it in totality. Who is the EFCC to decide who and how to give plea deals. It is the people that set the threshold of tolerance for government actions. Ultimately it is the people that have set Obanikoro free with his loot. It is the people that have ruined and are still ruining Nigeria. In saner climes there will be protests and even riots at this news we have heard today.

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Elvis2kay: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2018
THIS IS WHY CONTINUE TO TELL UNA TO VOTE PDP & APC OUT OF POWER... AAC...ACTION!!
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by VictorEkwere: 9:01am On Nov 25, 2018
Holadokun:

A former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, his wife and children have recovered three properties worth about N500m from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

The properties include four terrace houses located at 44 Mamman Kotangora Crescent in the highbrow Katamkpe Extension area of Abuja; a parcel of land in Guzape District and a duplex at Olori Mojisola Onikoyi Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Our correspondents, who visited the properties on Thursday, observed that the erstwhile red paint inscription, ‘EFCC, Keep Off!’ had been wiped off on the walls of the buildings.

Obanikoro, who defected to the All Progressives Congress from the Peoples Democratic Party about a year ago, was under investigation along with his two sons for alleged money laundering.

The ex-minister was accused of receiving N4.7bn from the Office of the National Security Adviser under the leadership of Col. Sambo Dasuki (retd.) in 2014.

About N2.2bn out of the funds was allegedly handed over to the then governorship candidate of the PDP in Ekiti State, Governor Ayodele Fayose, while N1.3bn was said to have been given to the then Osun State governorship candidate, Senator Iyiola Omisore.

Obanikoro has, however, been converted to a prosecution witness and is expected to testify against Fayose who he allegedly handed part of the money to.

The ex-minister and his wife, Moroophat, had, in 2016, sued the EFCC for seizing the houses but lost as the court ruled that the EFCC had the right to seize properties of persons under investigation.

An FCT High Court sitting in Jabi had ordered the forfeiture of her property pending the outcome of investigations into her husband and children.

The court also rejected a prayer asking that the EFCC pay her the sum of N200m for violating her fundamental human rights.

Obanikoro’s wife had argued that she bought the property over seven years before the alleged arms scam took place.

She said the EFCC had no right to punish her for any crime allegedly committed by her husband and urged the court to award her N200m.

However, in an affidavit deposed to by one Jackson Edet, the EFCC claimed that Obanikoro’s wife could not claim to be ignorant of her husband’s alleged crime.

The commission said Moroophat’s husband and her sons collected over N600m from the ONSA for a non-existent contract.

The EFCC argued that investigation had shown that, “the property belongs to Musliu Obanikoro and he paid for the statutory charges for the property.

“That a lawyer, Tejumola Wasiu Adeboye, who volunteered a statement to the commission, stated that he managed the said property and remits the rent to MOB Integrated Services (a company allegedly owned by Obanikoro which is also under probe).

In his ruling, Justice Y. Halilu said he could not stop the EFCC from doing its work.

When contacted on the telephone, the acting spokesman for the EFCC, Mr. Tony Orilade, said he had no information on the matter and prayed for more time to respond.

He had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report on Saturday.

https://punchng.com/obanikoro-wife-son-recover-n500m-houses-land-from-efcc/
If Tinubu is not corrupt to Buhari and Obanikoro is now a saint my believe in Buhari's fight against corruption is in doubt.
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by IykeD(m): 9:17am On Nov 25, 2018
A person corruption brought to power can not be fighting corruption. Buhari is highly corrupt but people don't know. Let PDP win next year and open his books; that is, if he would still be alive to answer to his misdeeds.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Richkid97(m): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2018
peeps4u:

Continue to hail them in poverty.
How many of these loots did Obanikoro give you or your papa?
They continue to extort us, both PDP and APC, while some poverty stricken people are taking sides with their oppressors like they share from the loots.
some shameless people like you call people that dare to question the oppressors WAILERS.

I ask you HAILER, how much did you earn from Koro or any corrupt PDP/APC men for coming here to support them?
You will hail Koro and his children while they loot you and inflict poverty on you and the nation, your children will be affected in future, they will also serve and hail Koro's children.

SHAME ON YOU

Shame on your father
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by olujastro: 9:37am On Nov 25, 2018
socialmediaman:

Once you join the APC while being investigated, your ‘dirty’ slate is wiped clean by Buhari.
I know this is a wailers' thread but let me drop some facts for those who care.
The EFCC is much more interested in recovering funds than prosecuting looters. Only those who don't cooperate are charged to court.

https://www.google.no/amp/www.nigerianmonitor.com/obanikoro-i-am-ready-to-refund-the-money-i-stole-while-in-government/amp/

https://www.google.no/amp/s/punchng.com/n4-7bn-obanikoro-returns-n134m-efcc/amp/

https://www.google.no/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/02/02/dasukigate-obanikoro-returns-fresh-n30m-promises-pay-n417m/amp/
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by surgical: 10:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Racoon:
APC/EFCC
-Returned Timipre Sliva's 48houses.
-Failed to investigate Buratai's dubious Dubai's assets.
-Failed to arrest or prosecute Oshiomole,Fayemi, Amaechi,Fashola,Maina,Aisha/Yusuf Buhari, Abba Kyari, Lawal Babachir, etc.
-Failed to investigate the sensational & sleazy Gov.Ganduje's multimillion babanriga dollar bribe scandal.
-Now Musiliu Obanikoro have recovered his seized property.

Corruption have long won the war.
You can now see that the transparency international ranking of this government is justified

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2018
yomi961:
Your parents queued up for long hours in 1984 for milk, rice and beans; you'd have to be a gullible dimwit to think buhari gives a damn about you anti corruption fight?

A people with no knowledge of their history will never be gifted with the skills of retrospective analysis, and are bound to keep repeating their mistakes. This is exactly why it was easy to pick up an expired ethnic bigot and despotic illiterate from the dustbin of history, and dust him up into a "reformed democrat" in the eyes of the gullible, ignorant populace.

Please help me tell them!

I gave up on Nigeria in 2015 after the presidential elections.

I mean how can people be collectively stupid and amnesic? When I visit my friends outside the country I don't let them know I am Nigerian. The shame is just too much!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2018
Metuh:
The anti corruption fights na scam last last. mtcheeew

It took you 3½ years to realise it sad

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2018
peeps4u:

Continue to hail them in poverty.
How many of these loots did Obanikoro give you or your papa?
They continue to extort us, both PDP and APC, while some poverty stricken people are taking sides with their oppressors like they share from the loots.
some shameless people like you call people that dare to question the oppressors WAILERS.

I ask you HAILER, how much did you earn from Koro or any corrupt PDP/APC men for coming here to support them?
You will hail Koro and his children while they loot you and inflict poverty on you and the nation, your children will be affected in future, they will also serve and hail Koro's children.

SHAME ON YOU

Please ignore that Richkid nincompoop

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by millhouse: 1:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
I Wonder why Evans have not joined APC ? By now he would have been free. That's next level simplified.
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by reuben79: 2:31pm On Nov 25, 2018
God which country is dis?d person dat brought d money is now a free man cos he as joined d evil party call apc and d person dat collected d money is on tral.ok oo
Re: Obanikoro, Wife, Son Recover N500m Houses, Land From EFCC by Splashme: 8:49pm On Nov 25, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
Buhari's integrity is made in China

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Haven’t Resigned, CJN Onnoghen Says; To Inaugurate Election Tribunal Members / Obiano, Tinubu, Amosun, Kalu And Akande At SUN Award: Caption The Photo / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.