Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,537 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths (16717 Views)

See The All Powerful Satellite The US Might Deploy To Monitor Nigeria’s Election / Kayode Ogundamisi Called Out For Saying US Is Interfering In Nigeria's Election / Opposition Candidate Atiku Gains Momentum In Nigeria Election Race - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by SouthEastFacts: 8:00am On Nov 25, 2018
goslowgoslow:

PDP is not satanic indeed, sorry for you.
PDP is a saint where APC is. Tell me a government that openly funded terrorist through ransom money and releases terrorists into the streets

1 Like

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Lomprico2: 8:02am On Nov 25, 2018
Same thing happened before 2015 election.
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by michealewela: 8:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
so why did we vote out gej? All the things u wrote up here can also apply to gej. We for let him continue...
Under your gej, boko boys nearly took over FCT and currently, Nigeria army are camping in bokoharam territory, the boundary between Nigeria and the Niger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 8:56am On Nov 25, 2018
michealewela:

Under your gej, boko boys nearly took over FCT and currently, Nigeria army are camping in bokoharam territory, the boundary between Nigeria and the Niger.
nearly means it actually didnt happen...stay within reality bro.

Wat actually happened however is that fulani militia hiding as herdsmen took over large villages in benue and camped there.
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by michealewela: 9:04am On Nov 25, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
They are even lucky PDP is not satanic like APC. I wonder what would have happened if the massacre were under PDP.
It was worse than this under pdp... They were even afraid to face bokoharam close to 200 armies were charged for treason...

1 Like

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Mynightmare: 9:05am On Nov 25, 2018
contigiency:
It's a very sad development that people choose to play that kind of politics. those asking for the head of the president because of the incident are just doing the job of security of the country with their mouths which is always the easiest place to get any job done, especially when you are not the one doing the job.

Their major reason is that the president promised to end boko haram. And I asked, who on earth has ever fulfilled all his promises 100%? my question goes also to those expecting Eldorado from the president. From all indications, the man has made serious progress in the fight against boko haram terrorism, and he is still fighting seriously to quench the problem completely. And thats all that matters. Besides, I haven't seen any country in the world including America that has resolved terrorism quickly.

first of all you are a fool,do you know what soldiers go through here,was this not the same way APC campaigned?
soldiers are being killed in hundreds and you want everyone to keep quite, how much is operation allowance that soldiers are being paid over there,yet they are still owing since October,and you still want soldiers morale to be high abi?
when buhari came in soldiers thought he is going to repair the anormalies in the military because he is a former general but under him things are worse off,a civilian us more bold than buhari,if you are in doubt come to northeast and see things for urself. and don't be stupid next time with ur comment because boys are boiling here.
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Chukwudozzie(m): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2018
contigiency:
It's a very sad development that people choose to play that kind of politics. those asking for the head of the president because of the incident are just doing the job of security of the country with their mouths which is always the easiest place to get any job done, especially when you are not the one doing the job.

Their major reason is that the president promised to end boko haram. And I asked, who on earth has ever fulfilled all his promises 100%? my question goes also to those expecting Eldorado from the president. From all indications, the man has made serious progress in the fight against boko haram terrorism, and he is still fighting seriously to quench the problem completely. And thats all that matters. Besides, I haven't seen any country in the world including America that has resolved terrorism quickly.

Are you for real, 'serious progress', scores of soldiers are massacred by elements your president termed technically defeated yet the FG goes on like nothing ever happened, if not for the outcry on social media, our beloved DHQ wouldn't have released any report on the incident.

The press is gagged and compromised, captured BH elements are irradicalised and re-introduced into the society, face the fact,
BUHARI IS A FAILURE.
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bambambiglo: 9:14am On Nov 25, 2018
Racoon:
This is silly.Recall how APC politicized sensitive security issues in 2014/15 including the height of the BH inflicting maximal casualty on the Nigerian military and see how reasonable the opposition is today comparable to then.

Intact this evil & satanic APC government have long coerced people, media houses into forceful silience

To you and stupid folks like you everything is politics

Those soldiers that paid the ultimate prize for their country were peoples fathers, brothers and uncles but faceless demons like you will only politicize their deaths rather than show a little bit of empathy

I hate the fact that I share the same geographical space with nincompoops. smh
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by michealewela: 9:25am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
nearly means it actually didnt happen...stay within reality bro.

Wat actually happened however is that fulani militia hiding as herdsmen took over large villages in benue and camped there.
What about the United nations building?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Racoon(m): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2018
[s]
Bambambiglo:

Those soldiers that paid the ultimate prize for their country were peoples fathers, brothers and uncles but faceless demons like you will only politicize their deaths rather than show a little bit of empathy

[/s]
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2018
michealewela:

What about the United nations building?
when bh just started newly isnt it?

What about taraba and jos killings in 2018?
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 9:35am On Nov 25, 2018
Bambambiglo:

believe me...we hate the fact that u share geographical space with us. Apc hasnt even got half the hate they gave
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by michealewela: 9:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
when bh just started newly isnt it?
What about taraba and jos killings in 2018?
Nyanya bombing, I'm talking about herdsmen...

1 Like

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bambambiglo: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
believe me...we hate the fact that u share geographical space with us. Apc hasnt even got half the hate they gave

Keep making stupid noise online. One day you'll know how it feels like to be in the shoes of those grieving families at the moment
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by YorubaEmir: 10:02am On Nov 25, 2018
contigiency:

My problem is not his inability in ending the terrorism because it is obvious he has failed...it is not contestable. My problem is the silent and cold treatment given to this national disaster by the president
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 10:23am On Nov 25, 2018
Bambambiglo:

Keep making stupid noise online. One day you'll know how it feels like to be in the shoes of those grieving families at the moment
there is nobody who hasnt grieved or who wont grieve. But the nigerian army can all perish until they learn to treat nigerian citizens like their foreign counteparts treat their citizens. Nobody from here is grieving for a heartless soldier. Never
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 10:24am On Nov 25, 2018
michealewela:

Nyanya bombing, I'm talking about herdsmen...
nsukka killings. am talking about herdsmen
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 25, 2018
deji17:
Ahead of Nigeria's election, opposition weaponises soldier deaths
Paul Carsten

LAGOS (Reuters) - Hundreds of Nigerian soldiers have been killed in recent months by Islamist militants who the president vowed to defeat when voted into power in 2015 - and the bloodshed has become a useful weapon for opponents aiming to topple him in coming elections.

Muhammadu Buhari’s administration has been largely silent about the fighting in the northeast as, in battle after battle, soldiers have died.

On Thursday Buhari’s political opponents disclosed that 44 soldiers had been killed in an attack in the village of Metele, in the northeastern state of Borno, on Sunday.

The move is calculated to undermine the security credentials of the president as he seeks a second term in three months’ time, say politics and security analysts.

Buhari is a former military general and commander-in-chief who came to power promising to defeat the insurgents and whose administration has claimed for years to have beaten Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa (ISWA).

The candidate for the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) is Atiku Abubakar, a businessman and former vice president seeking to topple Buhari.

The Senate president, Bukola Saraki, is also PDP and tightly controls the upper house of parliament, which suspended its session on Thursday to honour the fallen after announcing the deaths.

The PDP “are playing politics with conflict,” said Idayat Hassan, director of the Abuja-based Centre for Democracy and Development.

“They know elections can be won or lost based on the issue of security,” she said. “Many people will be very angry. The government has made no statement, they have not confirmed it, so it will be taken as another attempt to deny that the Boko Haram insurgency has not been completely defeated.”

A PDP spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A Nigerian presidency spokesman said the military would issue a statement. In a statement posted late on Friday on its Facebook page, the army confirmed that troops were attacked in Metele on Sunday.

“Several social media, print and online publications have been brandishing false casualty figures,” it said in the statement, without disclosing the number of those killed or injured.

“FAILING STRATEGY”
Attacks by Boko Haram in the run-up to the last election in 2015 weakened then-president Goodluck Jonathan and helped Buhari to defeat him at the polls.

The course of the conflict now appears to be turning in favour of Islamist militants fighting fatigued, ill-equipped troops.

The attack in Metele was carried out by ISWA and killed around 100 Nigerian soldiers, four security sources told Reuters on Thursday.

Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attack, and others in northeast Nigeria in recent days.

“This is a legitimate campaign issue,” said Matthew Page, an associate fellow with Chatham House’s Africa Programme.

“The military strategy in the northeast has been failing,” he said. “This type of failure to exert control over the national territory isn’t sustainable in the long run. It reflects really poorly on the incumbent president with the man on the street.”

In the past, news of heavy military defeats has trickled out from anonymous sources and was only carried by a minority of domestic media. With the Senate’s and Abubakar’s public announcement, details of the Sunday attack have been made widely known.

“It’s been hugely carried by the media today, and that is definitely helping the opposition,” said Kabir Adamu, managing director of intelligence and security risk management firm Beacon Consulting.

“We haven’t seen a statement from the Nigerian government.”

Reporting by Paul Carsten in Lagos; Additional reporting by Alexis Akwagyiram in Lagos, Camillus Eboh and Felix Onuah in Abuja; Editing by Andrew Roche and Rosalba O'Brien

https://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFKCN1NT08F-OZATP?utm_content=buffer3ecdd&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

That's a good idea.

It will make buhari to seat up n provide for the army.
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by michealewela: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
nsukka killings. am talking about herdsmen
OK, sorry, I thought you were a Nigerian...

1 Like

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bambambiglo: 10:49am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
there is nobody who hasnt grieved or who wont grieve. But the nigerian army can all perish until they learn to treat nigerian citizens like their foreign counteparts treat their citizens. Nobody from here is grieving for a heartless soldier. Never

You still have a lot of growing up to do

If not for the "heartless soldiers" you wouldn't have been hiding in your mamas bedroom typing this rubbish

You would have been long beheaded by these same terrorist their sacrificing to protect you from.

Quit making a fool of your self and embarrassing your family and tribe in general

I wonder why its only the foolish igbos that are present on social media. The ones seen in real life are a bit sensible at least.

cc: Racoon
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 10:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Bambambiglo:

You still have a lot of growing up to do

If not for the "heartless soldiers" you wouldn't have been hiding in your mamas bedroom typing this rubbish

You would have been long beheaded by these same terrorist their sacrificing to protect you from.

Quit making a fool of your self and embarrassing your family and tribe in general

I wonder why its only the foolish igbos that are present on social media. The ones seen in real life are a bit sensible at least.

cc: Racoon

shut up. Those soldiers dont protect me from shit. Where were they when fulani herdsmen sacked a village in enugu? But as soon as we mobilised ourselves to retaliate against the fulanis, the idiot soldiers came and arrested us. Shame on all of u. God will bring both u and buhari supporters to a terrible end
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bede2u(m): 10:53am On Nov 25, 2018
michealewela:

OK, sorry, I thought you were a Nigerian...
ok sorry i thought u are an oduduwan
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by Bambambiglo: 10:57am On Nov 25, 2018
Bede2u:
shut up. Those soldiers dont protect me from shit. Where were they when fulani herdsmen sacked a village in enugu? But as soon as we mobilised ourselves to retaliate against the fulanis, the idiot soldiers came and arrested us. Shame on all of u. God will bring both u and buhari supporters to a terrible end

Its not only arrest

Yeye coward keyboard stupid worrior
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by JubiGold(m): 11:42am On Nov 25, 2018
Politicians are responsible for d killings... if you know u sabi
Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by goslowgoslow(m): 2:16pm On Nov 25, 2018
SouthEastFacts:

PDP is a saint where APC is. Tell me a government that openly funded terrorist through ransom money and releases terrorists into the streets
What prove do you have for that? If you give me prove then I will believe you. Moreover, there is no political party that is a saint in Nigeria especially the two big ones. Some politicians in APC today we're formerly in PDP and vice versa. So APC is evil PDP is evil there is no single saint in any of them.

1 Like

Re: Ahead Of Nigeria's Election, Opposition Weaponises Soldier Deaths by SouthEastFacts: 2:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
goslowgoslow:

What prove do you have for that? If you give me prove then I will believe you. Moreover, there is no political party that is a saint in Nigeria especially the two big ones. Some politicians in APC today we're formerly in PDP and vice versa. So APC is evil PDP is evil there is no single saint in any of them.
I didn't say PDP is a saint, I said PDP is a saint where APC is.

Evidence? PDP didn't pay ransom to terrorists, PDP didn't release any terrorist and PDP didn't cancel contract of the mercenaries that degraded Boko Haram.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Saudi Energy Minister On Oil Price Stability - Photos / Lagos: I have no ethnic group - Joe Igbokwe / Epe LGA Chairwoman's 100 Days: What Has Your LGA Chairperson Done?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.