Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,646 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund (17828 Views)

Job Slots Brouhaha: Senate Leaders Move To Appease Aggrieved Members / Feel Free To Join The PDP, APC Tells Aggrieved Members / Aregbesola Leads Apc Reconciliation Committee To Meet Aggrieved Members In Uyo(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by zakim(m): 5:11am On Nov 25, 2018
Say They Will No Longer Accept Empty Promises
Committees Walk A Tightrope

Uphill task before APC reconciliation committees

The National Working Committee (NWC) of the APC, led by Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, had, on Wednesday, November 21, inaugurated the National Peace and Reconciliation Committee for each of the six geo-political zones in the country, majorly due to cases arising from primary elections.

The NWC had announced the formation of the committees, with each headed by a governor, to find a way out of the stalemate, so that they could go into the 2019 elections as one strong family.

“Do everything to ensure peace within the rank and file of the party,” Oshiomhole charged the committees during their inauguration.

Oshiomhole, who said the committees were free to consult them on new issues that might arise in the course of their assignments, added that the terms of reference given to them were amenable.

However, reliable sources told Daily Trust on Sunday that the committees might not be able to alter the decisions the party had already taken on the volatile states, particularly Ogun, Imo and Zamfara, despite the ongoing protests.

What the aggrieved members want

The demands of the aggrieved members of the party vary.

Amosun’s camp insist on Adekunle

In Ogun State, the grieving loyalists of Governor Ibikunle Amosun have insisted on the declaration of the governor’s anointed candidate, Adekunle Akinlade, as the party’s governorship flag-bearer as condition for peace to reign in the party.

They are equally demanding the ceding of 26 House of Assembly tickets to Amosun’s loyalists, who had been “denied” candidates form (CF001) by the national leadership of the APC.

The ruling party in the state was polarised following the submission of Dapo Abiodun’s name as the governorship candidate against the governor’s pick.

Amosun had won the senatorial ticket for Ogun Central, alongside his chief of staff, Tolu Odebiyi, who got the Ogun West ticket. Another ally of Amosun, Lekan Mustapha, also got Ogun East senatorial ticket. But this is yet to pacify the aggrieved party leaders and members.

A presidential reconciliatory team had met with Amosun’s group in Abeokuta, barely three days before the APC inaugurated its own peace committee.

The three-man team, led by Princess Sandra Oladele and state executives of the APC, was locked in a closed door meeting at party’s secretariat in Abeokuta.

All the 26 candidates vying for State House of Assembly from the governor’s camp, who had been denied tickets, were present at the meeting.

The state chairman, Derin Adebiyi, represented by the APC chairman, Ogun Central, Yomi Ademefun, presented the party’s demands for peace, including declaration of Amosun’s anointed candidate, Akinlade as the party’s governorship candidate.

Speaking at the end of the meeting, a member of the panel, Adewale Adenaike, promised to forward their demands to the party for the reconciliation of the aggrieved parties concerned, asking party members to work together in the interest of peace.

Adenaike said the crisis would be resolved before December 1, but sources said replacement of the name of the current governorship candidate might be difficult because of powerful forces behind him.

“We should not deceive ourselves; this fresh committee can’t alter the decisions taken in Ogun and other states. The forces behind Dapo Abiodun are bigger than those being fingered. It is not about Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Comrade Adams Oshiomhole or even Chief Olusegun Osoba,” one of the sources said.

Visit to Zamfara will have no value

In Zamfara State, Governor Abdulaziz Yari said the visit of the APC reconciliation committee would be of no value if its main focus is to look into the controversy surrounding the state’s party primaries.

Governor Yari, who spoke through his special adviser on communication, media and public enlightenment, Alhaji Ibrahim Dosara, said the effort of the committee would not make any difference since they had already filed a suit in a court before the constitution of the peace and reconciliation team.

He said that until the court delivered its verdict on the case, any reconciliation on the state’s party primaries would be an exercise in futility.

“However, if the committee is coming to talk to all aggrieved members to unite and forge ahead so that the forthcoming election would be won, it would be a welcome idea,” he added.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/apc-reconciliation-aggrieved-members-demand-tickets-appointments-refund.html

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by nwanyionitsha: 5:42am On Nov 25, 2018
cheesy ;DShuo! Dem never visit Rochas?

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by SocialJustice: 7:19am On Nov 25, 2018
Racoon:
They deceived the nation as well as deceived themselves.
Very pathetic and greedy people. Sabotage will cost APC 2019.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by HisSexcellency(m): 7:20am On Nov 25, 2018
I agree with them, something has to give.
They can't spend millions of naira yo purchase form, campaign all over the place, buy campaign vehicles and other expenses. And then you expect them to just accept a rape of the electoral process.

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by yerokunphilips: 7:25am On Nov 25, 2018
Truth be told ,animals are better than 99% of Nigerian politician . This people are wicked ,heartless ,selfish ,greedy and thieves . They neither have the interest of the people nor that of the party .Can you imagine IMO state governor after spending 8years as the governor want his son in law to succeed him , his son in law to be again as the deputy governor ,so his family will be first and second lady in the state ,he himself want to be senator and imposed other two others as senators too .IMO have never have a governor like this before .So everybody in IMO state should serve your family forever .So this man is saying only his family is fit enough to gover the state other are not . Amosun want to also installed a successor and same time become a senator . All of them just want to put their states in their pocket . Am not a supporter of APC chairman ,but on this issue he has done the right thing .Nobody will succeed in turning our county to their personal /family business .

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by OhiOfIhima: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2018
They have nothing to offer other than feeding themselves on national cake to stupor...

3 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by NwaAmaikpe: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2018
shocked

APC is a pack of cards crumbling without mercy.
They deceived the nation,
Deceived their members and deceived their supporters.

Ask around, the last time any BMC member received his 30k alert was on the 29th of September.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by olufalaye: 8:08am On Nov 25, 2018
Pls I will make this brief, am student of estate management, I recently loose my part time job due to expiration of contract.My only concern is that I needed to pay my tuition fee for my final semester, whichis 80.300 naira.I have a pay later app am running to borrow to sustain when I was working, I think I can borrow up to 25k there now, all I needed is 55k to complete this tuition fee.Pls help me don't let me loose all I've suffered for 5 years just because of this last payment, I only have till Monday.Pls I have no parent. so that's never an option for me.All necessary information is with me to confirm this claim. I can even send my school login details to whoever is willing tohelp my account details is on my profile and contact.ThanksPls save my life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2018
shockedshockedshockedshocked
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by somito121(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2018
A house on fire and it will be difficult to rectify in 2019.

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Nov 25, 2018
Indeed........ APC, simply tricked people to pay exploitative amounts + logistical mobilization figures....

And they simply imposed their anointed candidates .......

2 Likes

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by AmazingELixir: 8:14am On Nov 25, 2018
Ok
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Corrinthians(m): 8:15am On Nov 25, 2018
God forbid. They should please go join pdp. Let pdp give them the heaven they're asking for.

Criminals.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by CarGuideNG: 8:17am On Nov 25, 2018
Politics as usual.
We have customized VIN Checks and reports for car buyers in signature.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by kensing1046(m): 8:32am On Nov 25, 2018
plan to rig eletion
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Jombom: 8:59am On Nov 25, 2018
yerokunphilips:
Truth be told ,animals are better than 99% of Nigerian politician . This people are wicked ,heartless ,selfish ,greedy and thieves . They neither have the interest of the people nor that of the party .Can you imagine IMO state governor after spending 8years as the governor want his son in law to succeed him , his son in law to be again as the deputy governor ,so his family will be first and second lady in the state ,he himself want to be senator and imposed other two others as senators too .IMO have never have a governor like this before .So everybody in IMO state should serve your family forever .So this man is saying only his family is fit enough to gover the state other are not . Amosun want to also installed a successor and same time become a senator . All of them just want to put their states in their pocket . Am not a supporter of APC chairman ,but on this issue he has done the right thing .Nobody will succeed in turning our county to their personal /family business .
Did Orji Obi n other PDP governors not install their puppet after completing two terms ?
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Houseofglam7(f): 9:10am On Nov 25, 2018
They ain't seen nothing yet undecided
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2018
Their party, their business.
God bless Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by pascal12345: 10:35am On Nov 25, 2018
Call for your sure odds 08134334189

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Halo22: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2018
APC is a party built on deceit, but all the same, those Governors are being selfish and greedy and that would pose a serious threat to our growing democracy.
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Passionate888: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2018
Wetin magnus want?
Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by Passionate888: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2018
yerokunphilips:
What about Tinubu?

1 Like

Re: APC Reconciliation: Aggrieved Members Demand Tickets, Appointments, Refund by reuben79: 2:25pm On Nov 25, 2018
d blood of innocent nigerians dat die everyday by days,apc party can never settle,dey can never hv one voice,i pray for disunity among them,dey we continue fight thereself

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP In DASS, Others Disown Dogara, Condemn Defection / Wike Lacks Popular Support To Help Tinubu In Rivers – Peterside / Documents Trace The Whereabout Of Missing $7.8bn NLNG Dividends - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.