Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead (17802 Views)

Rashida Bello Covers Vivian Lam Glamour Magazine / Tribunal Upholds Lam-Adesina And Olugbemi’s Election / ‘My Appointment Was Based On Merit, Not Because Of My Father’ - Dapo Lam-Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by deshysmalls(m): 12:00pm On Nov 11, 2012

Reports reaching our newsdesk indicate that erstwhile governor of Oyo State and chieftain of leading opposition party, the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Alhaji Lam Adesina is dead.
The former governor passed on at the age of 73 and would be committed to mother earth at his country home in Ibadan today according to Islamic Rites.

Born January 20, 1939 the late Adesina was a renowned educator who mounted the throne of leadership of Oyo State on May 29, 1999 on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) party.

He attended Loyola college in Ibadan bofore proceeding to the University of Nigeria, Nsukka from 1961-1963.

The political stalwart also studied at the university of Ibadan in 1971.
Before veering into politics, Adesina worked in private educational institutions.

Efforts to reach the Oyo state Commissioner for Information Barr. Bosun Oladele and CAN Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed were fruitless, but an insider said the death of Adesina has stirred a murky cloud in the ancient city.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/11/11/former-oyo-state-governor-lam-adesina-dead/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=former-oyo-state-governor-lam-adesina-dead
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Nurry: 12:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
Allah ya jikanshi da rahama

5 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by takedat(m): 12:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
R.I.P

2 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Jarus(m): 12:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
Inna lilahi wa inna ilaehi rajiun

We pray for the family of the departed and condole with his son, Dapolam, a Nairalander and Oyo state commissioner for youth and sports over the loss of his dad.

10 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Dotman01(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2012
R.I.P Great Lam

1 Like

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by deshysmalls(m): 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
I am still reeling from the shock, what a sad news to wake up to on a Sunday Morning.
May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Abuklaw(m): 1:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
Erin wo!!! Ajanaku subu ko le dide, Rip baba lam adeshina,A great loss to ACN Oyo state chapter, MAY ALMIGHTY ALLAH GRANT HIM JANAT FIRDAUS,

7 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by mmmustapha(m): 1:53pm On Nov 11, 2012
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by catchcold1(m): 1:59pm On Nov 11, 2012
May his gentle soul Rip,amen!!
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by wallex2(m): 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2012
R.I.P LAM
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by worldman(m): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2012
Rest in peace sir
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by passionate88: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
One of my favourite Gov during his tenure.. Rest in Peace sir.... But what murky cloud could have been stirred by his death?...
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by omicron(m): 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2012
RIP
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by yhemzy(m): 2:04pm On Nov 11, 2012
May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by cyril83(m): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
One afta d other you shall be leaving,bunch of crooks...obj next

8 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by capua(f): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2012
R.I.P
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by informatix: 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2012
Alhaji RIP.
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by forkinsonlolo(m): 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
cyril83: One afta d other you shall be leaving,bunch of crooks...obj next
till it get to you wink

7 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by cremeandchic: 2:09pm On Nov 11, 2012
was this really neccessary?

1 Like

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by coalcoal1(m): 2:12pm On Nov 11, 2012
so sad. rip
i just confirmed it now from a cabinet member in Oyo State that he died this morning. the burial is going on as i type.
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2012
absolutely speechless!
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Dawdy(m): 2:14pm On Nov 11, 2012
INNA LILLAH WA INNA ILLAYHI RAJIHUN
FROM ALLAH ALMIGHTY GOD WE CAME, AND TO HIM WE SHALL ALL RETURN.

2 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by amonzeus(m): 2:15pm On Nov 11, 2012
nd u might b d nxt.......show a li2 respect 4d dead
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by bee444: 2:17pm On Nov 11, 2012
deshysmalls: I am still reeling from the shock, what a sad news to wake up to on a Sunday Morning.
May his gentle soul rest in peace.

He was 73 and lived in Nigeria, does that make sense to you?

R.I.P Adeshina

2 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by redsun(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
What did he do to make him stand out as a typical nigerian politicain?To Stand out as a "nonplague"?
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by alaoeri: 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2012
R I P lam.
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by gbogboti: 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2012
Hmm! Shocking. R.I.P Lam. Death like this reminds me of the book of THE PREACHER. Where Solomon said, "one thing gladens my heart. The RICH and the POOR will all DIE". Vanity upon vanity. Only if we think this deep and see reality in this, there won't be need too loot and loot and starve your fellow humans. Hmm! God made us to leave as simple as we can...but humans are thus making it complex for themselves. Oma se' o

3 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by cyril83(m): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
amonzeus: nd u might b d nxt.......show a li2 respect 4d dead
respect my foot..did he show any respect to oyo citizens whil he was alive instead he was busy looting and packing,now did he pass d border wit 1 penny...

3 Likes

Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by muredo(m): 2:22pm On Nov 11, 2012
Best Governor we have ever had and enjoyed the dividend of democracy under his administration in Lanlate,Ibarapa east local Govt area of oyo state,the generation unborn will never forget you for your development in my town,LANLATE SAY ADIEU REST IN PEACE
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by knotty(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2012
So what that he, s 73 and lived in nigeria.......looks like you dont have aged elders in your family..... Get rich young or die has killed all of them
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by Bright4(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
rest in peace our great leader...u shal 4ever remembered in oyo state. dapolam!accept our condolence mesg.we re assuring u maximum support.thax.
Re: Lam Adesina Pronounced Dead by cyril83(m): 2:24pm On Nov 11, 2012
cremeandchic:
was this really neccessary?
was this suppose to make d front page?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce Celebrates His Mother's 90th Birthday (Photos) / Ijaw Youths Warn FG Against Nnamdi Kanu’s Arrest / Tribunal: Akpabio’s Woes Deepens As Witnesses Admit Irregularities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.