Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today (18169 Views)

When You Attend The Feast Of A Great King / The Site Of The Burial And Resurrection Of Jesus Christ, The Tomb Is Empty / Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by jaxxy(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2018
Da Vinci Code...
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by adetayo234: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2018
haywire07:
One babe has been taking me to catholic for the past two Sundays , I can tell that the shisha those altar boys are blowing is great. Smoke everywhere.

grin You need deliverance, walahi grin
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by EmirAbj: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
Prophet Muhammad SAW The Last Prophet
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by adetayo234: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
gaby:
Congratulations to our Catholic brethren.

However, we shouldn't forget the plight of the many sexually abused as kids and adults who might be dying in silence and shame with no one to tell of their battles.

A lot of havoc was wrecked and is still being wrecked by the Fathers.

We all need to get truly like Christ by standing for the truth and not condemning or shutting down victims to protect the church, especially the powerful and pervert paedophilia handful of priests committing these atrocities.

Yes you are right. Those dissident priests and those covering them up are evil. It's unfortunate that they aren't different from many Pentecostal pastors, reverends, bishops, prophets and so on. The body of Christ in the Catholic, Pentecostal and all other churches is sick. It us never by the church you go to; it is by the state of your heart with God. You can be a pastor, founder or member of a Pentecostal church but still rot in hell fire.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Chemicalsolo: 11:47am On Nov 25, 2018
Happy Christ the King Sunday to every one. I was born a Catholic, I will marry a Catholic nd even in my next life I will still wish to be a Catholic. Gloria in excelsis Deo

5 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by SunriseW(f): 11:48am On Nov 25, 2018
We're shutting down the whole of Enugu,all roads lead to Okpara Square.
Christ,Eternal king of the universe

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by SalC: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2018
Christ is indeed the supreme king
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by adetayo234: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2018
sparkle6:

You havent presented any facts yourself. Just made a vague statement with no back up theory.

NwaAmaikpe is a dumb idiot that should just be ignored

Imagine the fool calling St Anthony of Padua a womaniser!

Not every question deserves an answer and not every man deserves an audience; definitely not NwaAmaikpe.
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Linco11: 11:53am On Nov 25, 2018
In Idoma we say"Christ awoo Oche" don't mind me oh. Idoma in diaspora

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Nobody: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

I stand to be corrected with facts.
This feast has no biblical origin.

It is a celebration with pagan origins as do most other doctrines of the Catholic Church.
It takes enlightenment to understand that Catholicism is not Christianity.
i dont know why you guys keep criticizing catholics.... The Worst part is that they don't even criticize the way you guys worship so why the hate.... Wont it be better you just focus on your own and leave them to their own.... Is it so hard

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by adetayo234: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
place wey dem dey close everywhere
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
just a piece of useless worthless paper of todays sermon madly modified by catholics and contrasting to ref in bible verses.
they worship idols
furnicate and even drink beer within church premises. smoke ..and do all evil in the name of harvest and baazar.. abegi
fake ass idol worshipers
stepped my foot off catholic decades ago

catholic is evil
stay away from them
no diff btwn catholic and grail message,eckankar and the rest of them all.

I am a Catholic and I learnt about the importance of reading the Holy Bible in the Catholic Church. So, what rubbish are you saying?!

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Nobody: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
just a piece of useless worthless paper of todays sermon madly modified by catholics and contrasting to ref in bible verses.
they worship idols
furnicate and even drink beer within church premises. smoke ..and do all evil in the name of harvest and baazar.. abegi
fake ass idol worshipers

catholic is evil
stay away from them
so how does this take you closer to God ehnn.... Or you are the preacher to the ignorant one... If you solely focus on your God..and not let pastors be telling you what you already know..... You wont be saying all this trash...

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Apina(m): 12:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hossana fillio David
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Handsomecole(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
I imagine myself not being a Catholic what would my life had become. The greatest gift my parents ever bestowed on me was giving birth and nurturing me a Roman Catholic.
I will remain ever grateful to them .

To this end I wish all Catholics Happy Christ the King SUNDAY. Christ is the King, the leader and founder of the Catholic Church. I remain a proud Roman Catholic a church with over 4 BILLION believers world wide found in every nook and cranny of the earth over 2000 years of existence with untainted tradition and virtues .

Live, Love and Pass on Catholic (Amen).

11 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by uniqueric(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is a celebration with pagan origins as do most other doctrines of the Catholic Church.
Biblical origin!...Is the Holy Spirit limited by the Biblical record? How many of the things you do in your church are of Biblical origin?

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by naijaboiy: 12:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
why wud i be.when im cashing out
ozwo
u na catholic
surest way to hell
stay trapped homo
[But you will still celebrate Christmas and Easter, a holiday created by the same Catholic Church.

Confused Black man. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by 3coins(m): 12:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
they worship idols
fake ass idol worshipers

catholic is evil
stay away from them
May God deliver you from hate....Amen

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by naijaboiy: 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
gaby:

What is the meaning of the above my dear brother and friend.

Some of you lot just chose to be honourably pathetic for no just reason or cause.

You'll see and know the truth but chose to be quiet about it so as to protect your denomination or whatever and whoever goes on to speak out is automatically labelled the devil and an enemy of your faith? How saddening.

The God you pretend to worship is looking at y'all and shaking his head in disgust at your 2faced hypocrisy of worshipping and supporting the strongest amongst you in keeping down and oppressing the poor, weak and voiceless.

These actions won't go without a recompense trust me on this.
What did he say that got you so emotional? Did he speak faxx or not? How many of your pastors can go to war torn areas and preach? grin

All they're interested is your money and you're here drinking panadol over a headache that is already being treated.

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by kanubiafra: 12:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

YOU mean you never read of christ's triumphant entry in jerusalem?

3 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by maum: 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2018
Yes. Today the holy Mother Church celebrates the feast of Christ the King.
This feast Sunday marks the last Sunday of the year. By next Sunday, a new (liturgical) year begins.

Dinwenu anyi bu Eze! Nke di ebiyebi!
Igweeeeeee!

By next Sunday, Advent begins. And we start counting again to set all the marked days in the Holy Mother Church. That's how my people, you get to know which day of that year that Lent will start, and Easter Sunday will fall on, and other days of obligation that don't have fixed dates.

Advent is the beginning of a new church calendar. It means we have entered a new year.

I won't forget how a parishioner once greeted me "Happy New Year" in the first week of Advent many years ago, and how all his colleagues around him expressed amused surprise and laughed at him at how eagerly he couldn't wait for the new year to start already, in the first week of December.

He answered them back with a smile that the person he greeted (me) understood him. And of course, I understood.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Jethman: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2018
[John 20:30 says , not every thing that hesus did was written in this book,.. don't ever think that its everything about Christianity that the bible talks talks about, you would agree with me that you dont always have to look at the bible before you fo the right thing, theres no doctrine the Catholic Church has that has no biblical backing,.. where is the paganism in celebrating Christ as the universal king, mind you also, Christ isnt a Christian, but a Jew,.. Christianity is just a way of life and that was why when the apostles were behaving like Christ, having a christlike personality, the people saw them and said this people behave like Christ,.. remember in acts of the apostles, they were first called Christians in Antioch,.. there's no feast the Catholic Church has ever celebrated that is against the Bible... bro calm down for the king ofvthe universe will continue to reign in our lives.
quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=73283112] shocked

It takes enlightenment to understand that Catholicism is not Christianity. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by gaby(m): 1:05pm On Nov 25, 2018
naijaboiy:

What did he say that got you so emotional? Did he speak faxx or not? How many of your pastors can go to war torn areas and preach? grin

All they're interested is your money and you're here drinking panadol over a headache that is already being treated.

What if I tell you I'm a Catholic who has refused to bury his head in his butt-hole just because it didn't happen to me or someone closer to me, I have refused to gloss over this issue all because keeping the image of the institution and the sick cradle robbers amongst its ranks matters most to me.

What if.....

Learn to be matured and civil in your submissions.

Peace
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by rickyrex(m): 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

before your church was born, there existed a church. and that's catholic

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by internetparrot: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
It's not biblical abi, but your pastor's Anointing Sunday or Breakthrough Sunday declaration is written in the Bible, with exact date and name.
Wake up, Catholic church is not your problem, the devil is, let Christians fight it together and also tell the world about the good news, denomination war is absolutely foolish
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Sleekfingers: 1:18pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
they worship idols
fake ass idol worshipers

catholic is evil
stay away from them

It is better that way ...at least people see them drink, smoke etc....i appreciate their courage....

But how about those that do it behind closed doors...pretending to be holy....what would call that? I am just asking o....

Most Nigerian Christians are hypocrites.....

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Celsony: 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2018
Chemicalsolo:
Happy Christ the King Sunday to every one. I was born a Catholic, I will marry a Catholic nd even in my next life I will still wish to be a Catholic. Gloria in excelsis Deo

Et in terra Paso minibus.

2 Likes

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Celsony: 1:28pm On Nov 25, 2018
Linco11:
In Idoma we say"Christ awoo Oche" don't mind me oh. Idoma in diaspora

Ojoje ko'cho
Anya oine.

1 Like

Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by naijaboiy: 1:33pm On Nov 25, 2018
gaby:

What if I tell you I'm a Catholic who has refused to bury his head in his butt-hole just because it didn't happen to me or someone closer to me, I have refused to gloss over this issue all because keeping the image of the institution and the sick cradle robbers amongst its ranks matters most to me.

What if.....

Learn to be matured and civil in your submissions.

Peace

Like you said "What if" I cannot take assumptions seriously, if you want to address something address it plainly.

And like I said earlier, such headaches in the church are always being treated, the person who quoted you tried to explain that you do not judge an institution by the few bad eggs, except of course you've also observed that nothing has been done to discard those bad eggs.

Make use of the internet and check the news concerning those priests guilty of such acts. If you're so grieved write a petition to the Bishop in your archdiocese. or better still go to Rome and see the Pope.
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by ephraim18(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2018
otito diri jesu. Na ndu ebebe Amen.
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by themanderon: 1:54pm On Nov 25, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Quite true. Roman Catholicism is a mixture of Christianity and ancient Babylonian mystery religion. Most of their doctrines are certainly not from the bible but their history can be traced to the ancient worship of the sun god Apollo.
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by Augustenite(m): 2:34pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
they worship idols
fake ass idol worshipers

catholic is evil
stay away from them

May God have mercy on your cheapened soul.
Re: Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today by bonnyhope: 2:40pm On Nov 25, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
coven
catholics are trapped
they hide
they condition them
no bible
nothing
they worship idols
fake ass idol worshipers

catholic is evil
stay away from them
no diff btwn catholic and grail message,eckankar and the rest of them

You that isnot evil in what way are you better than them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Interesting things About God / Dr. Sign Fireman Becomes United Nations Peace Ambassador / MFM Probes Pastor For Operating ‘Deliverance’ Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.