Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,363 members, 7,819,311 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day (1393 Views)

PDP Installs Digital Billboard To Broadcast Oshiomhole’s Attestation On Obaseki / NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day Even After Receiving Payment / Man Climbs Telecom Mast To Protest ‘land Encroachment’ By Atiku’s AUN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by MeanChris(m): 11:25am On Nov 25, 2018
Denies sabotage, cites technical hitches

Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja

In what appears to be part of political intrigues ahead of the 2019 general election, the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) saturday declined to broadcast the 13th anniversary of the American University of Nigeria (AUN), Yola live despite receiving millions of naira, THISDAY has learnt.

In a swift reaction, however, NTA Executive Director of News, Mr. Muhammad Labbo denied political sabotage, though claimed that NTA could not broadcast the confirmed that the Atiku media paid for live broadcast the programme live due to what he ascribed to technical hitches.

THISDAY checks revealed that NTA was duly paid and the payment was acknowledged and confirmed for the live broadcast of the programme between 4pm to 6pm on Saturday.

The anniversary, also known as Founder’s Day, is a day set aside to celebrate the founder of the university and the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The source revealed that the NTA sent its Outside Broadcast (OB) deployed from Jos and they were on ground before the programme started, thinking they were about to go live.

He said, “When I entered into the hall, about half way or thereabout, we started receiving calls from all over the country, people who knew that we normally run live coverage of it said they could not watch it. They did not start the live coverage at all.”

He said he tried “to contact NTA headquarters in Abuja, but its management cannot give any tangible reason for not broadcasting the programme live. I contacted their people on ground, the production people at their OB van and they look sorrowful.

“It was clear that there are some conspiracy at work from NTA headquarters in Abuja, working the script of the federal government and a president Muhammadu Buhari

“If not for the last minute decision to accommodate Sliverbird Television as the second network for live coverage, the 13 edition of the programme would have been like lighting a candle and covering it, nobody would have known about it.”

However, the source did not disclose the exact amount paid for the 2 hours live coverage. According to a staff of NTA, two-hour life broadcast often costs for N7 million. There is no one-hour live broadcast. We only have two-hour live broadcast, which costs N7 million.

When contacted, Atiku’s media adviser, Mr. Paul Ibe confirmed that indeed there was a contract between NTA and Atiku media office.

“We have received a call from across the country and even outside the country from concerned people who were expecting to be availed the opportunity to follow the proceedings of the programme on NTA. We are accessing the situation to determine the next line of action.”

In his response, Labbo explained the technical problem that prevented NTA from broadcasting the programme live, which according to him, had to do with the international satellite transmission.

He said, “When they called me and drew my attention to it, I made contact with the operational head, he told me that they were having serious technical challenge in Yola. They gave me the technical explanation, it has to do with our international satellite transmission.

“When I got the information, I called Paul Ibe back because he was the one that called me and made that complaint. I explained to him that they were recording it. Then they will be able to make it after they finish recording or at any time when they resolve the technical issue.

“The programme was transmitted, although not live. But it was transmitted in full when our technical people resolved the matter. I want to make an appeal. NTA is a public broadcaster. NTA is for everybody. NTA should not be dragged into politics.”

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/25/after-acknowledging-payment-nta-refuses-to-broadcast-atikus-aun-founders-day/
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by MeanChris(m): 11:26am On Nov 25, 2018
All forms of tyranny in history had their dates of downfall.

Buhari and his cabal should continue, their downfall is soon upon us

11 Likes

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by baliyubla: 11:27am On Nov 25, 2018
The Lifeless would rather NTA dies like every other agency under him, than take a kobo from Atiku or PDPs campaign team, which further exposes his parochial nature.

Atiku should be suing for damages, except he receives a refund and a public apology.

8 Likes

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by kolafolabi(m): 11:27am On Nov 25, 2018
The Country is seriously in a mess. It is high time we sent back Bubu to Daura.

7 Likes

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Ehiscotch(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2018
Like who watches NTA these days?

Why would I pay millions of Naira for them to cover my event? Hell no.

3 Likes

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Jonadull: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2018
MeanChris:
All forms of tyranny in history had their dates of downfall.

Buhari and his cabal should continue, their downfall is soon upon us
Stop foaming from the mouth . The reason was clearly stated up there .
In a swift reaction, however, NTA Executive Director of News, Mr. Muhammad Labbo denied political sabotage, though claimed that NTA could not broadcast the confirmed that the Atiku media paid for live broadcast the programme live due to what he ascribed to technical hitches.
Cry cry baby
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by MeanChris(m): 11:37am On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:

Cry cry baby

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Racoon(m): 11:39am On Nov 25, 2018
Never mind the belated excuse.NTA is a government propaganda outlet for every successive government.
why didn't NTA developed any technical hitch when the worrisome "next level" charade of the tyrannic govt. was beamed while it's yet to report as a media organization the assult on the Nigerian military by the BH sect to mourning nation?

2 Likes

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by TINTINABULATION(m): 11:43am On Nov 25, 2018
That is a toast of what is to come!. Every level attracts its own devil. It is not by shouting ATIKULATE on Social media but by being ATIKULATE in strategy. With or without INEC, i already know the presidential election result in 2019.

- AOO
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by NigerDeltan(m): 11:45am On Nov 25, 2018
Even Atiku goofed on that one, Nigerians no longer watch NTA
They rather refund every penny than make excuses

1 Like

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by netpro(m): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2018
Atiku should bring out the remaining dollars that rained in PH. Free publicity is over.
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by gentlegenius(m): 11:50am On Nov 25, 2018
Jonathan:

Cry cry baby
Zombie... If it was the dullard launching his fake NextLevelLies, this excuse wouldn't come up.

1 Like

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by AK481(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2018
NigerDeltan:
Even Atiku goofed on that one, Nigerians no longer watch NTA

They rather refund every penny than make excuses
By Nigerians you mean those in the city?
NTAid in all nooks and crannies,even the only free channel in gotv is nta
Those that have the votes in quantum watch nta.

They should be sued for breach of agreement

1 Like

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Jonadull: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
gentlegenius:

Zombie... If it was the dullard launching his fake NextLevelLies, this excuse wouldn't come up.
Biafra or death cheesy
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by verygudbadguy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2018
Pls stop peddling falsehood. I watched it on NTA last night. Though, it was a recorded version. I can not confirm if they had initially broadcasted it live.

I saw Atiku’s opening speech. I saw Common Sense Senator, Ben Murray Bruce received an award too.
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Bundaweber: 12:32pm On Nov 25, 2018
it was showed on NTA na
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Omeokachie: 12:57pm On Nov 25, 2018
It is called 'order from above'

The lifeless one has been in panic mode since the emergence of Atiku.

He cannot get the job done, but will not make way for.a more competent person to do it.

Nigeria can remain comatose as long as he has access to government resources to take care of his health, bear the title of commander in chief as ego trip, and fly abroad in private jet with his family to read speeches whose content he's got absolutely no clue.
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by truthfulparrot(m): 1:38pm On Nov 25, 2018
verygudbadguy:
Pls stop peddling falsehood. I watched it on NTA last night. Though, it was a recorded version. I can not confirm if they had initially broadcasted it live.

I saw Atiku’s opening speech. I saw Common Sense Senator, Ben Murray Bruce received an award too.
NTA deliberately chooses to record it and vett it after getting approval from above to broadcast it. Must APC destroy all our institutions with thier nepotism?
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by gare(f): 1:53pm On Nov 25, 2018
MeanChris:
Denies sabotage, cites technical hitches

Adedayo Akinwale in Abuja

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/11/25/after-acknowledging-payment-nta-refuses-to-broadcast-atikus-aun-founders-day/

They should refund back the money, there's no need wasting time with them
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by herkanbz(m): 2:02pm On Nov 25, 2018
but i thought they said Atiku owns a TV station,
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by herkanbz(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2018
but i thought they said Atiku owns a TV station, Y can't the TV station broadcast the program
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 25, 2018
i dont buy dis news why didn't dey contact channels,ait and other right thinking media house to dat analogue nta
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by weyreypey: 2:21pm On Nov 25, 2018
baliyubla:
The Lifeless would rather NTA dies like every other agency under him, than take a kobo from Atiku or PDPs campaign team, which further exposes his parochial nature.

Atiku should be suing for damages, except he receives a refund and a public apology.
Not enough
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Blackfire(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2018
NTA is that one station.
Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by deboysben(m): 5:06pm On Nov 25, 2018
Cos their impending defeat is near

Re: After Acknowledging Payment, NTA Refuses To Broadcast Atiku’s AUN Founder’s Day by Ziggylady(f): 5:11pm On Nov 25, 2018
Atiku should not waste his money on NTA...APC is demonic and has polluted NTA beyond imagination..

A word is enough for the wise.

(1) (Reply)

Dave Umahi's Rice To Buhari Read What On The Bag Of Rice- Photo / Buhari destroys English today in Benin Rally ( Video) / A Rousing Reception For ATIKU In Abuja As Soon As He Lands From US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.