Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,216 members, 7,825,813 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Ondo Head Of Service Solicits Workers’ Supports For Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Head Of Service Solicits Workers’ Supports For Akeredolu (190 Views)

Tinubu Reconciles APC In Ondo, Solicits Support For Akeredolu’s 2nd Term (Pics) / Governor Wike In Tears: I Will Never Take Your Supports For Granted (Photos) / Lady Wearing Bra Supports For Atiku And Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Head Of Service Solicits Workers’ Supports For Akeredolu by Gennygolden(f): 6:50pm On Nov 25, 2018
The Ondo State Head of Service, Mr Toyin Akinkuotu has called on workers in the state to continue to offer more supports to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, for welfare packages and prompt payment of workers’ salaries.

Akinkuotu said the present administration in the state should be commended over its welfare package for the workers in the state while he urged workers to always put their best to ensure development for the state.
According to him, the state governor, Akeredolu has been able to pay six out of the seven months backlog of salaries inherited by his government, saying governor Akeredolu deserved to be commended.

He assured that the state government would evolve creative ways of resolving the salary challenges in the state, expressing optimism that Akeredolu would soon offset the one-month outstanding salary inherited by his government

“I want to advise workers to continue to support and appreciate Akeredolu government particularly his welfare policies. Six out of seven months salaries arrears have been paid, he said.
The Head of service who stated this while speaking at the pen-down ceremony of the Permanent Secretary, Local Government Pension Transitional Department, Mr Dare Olipede, who retired from the service.

Akinkuotu described Olipede as a man who brought a lot of reforms to the service saying his courage, commitment and dedication to work has brought reforms to the Commission.

He noted that the retired Permanent Secretary has been able to distinguish himself as a corrupt free officer saying his office will soon launch the Integrity Awards aimed at acknowledging and encouraging incorrupt officials.

He noted that the retired Permanent Secretary deserved to be honoured over his stance against corruption saying Olipede remained upright despite all attempts by some disgruntled elements within the system who were intimidated by the achievements that raised issues against him.

He said a lot of attention has been given to corruption, but people who are doing their work with a great deal of integrity and circumspection should also be recognised.

“One of the responsibilities of our office will be to develop criteria for Integrity Awards for people who have tried to live above reproach as far as corruption is concerned and tried to do their work with integrity.

The absence of this acknowledgement is making them question the use of the good things they are doing because no one is noticing them and this is not right,” he said.

He said: ” I want to congratulate my brother and friend for his efforts over the years in service. He is a courageous officer, a man of action who served meritoriously. He is always passionate about workers welfare, especially pensioners.

“Through his efforts, the government increased payment of gratuity from N15 million to N150 million monthly.

Speaking, the Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mrs Lola Fagbemi, said the retired PS has left an indelible mark at the Pension Transitional Department with his contributions to the welfare of pensioners in the state.

” As a Permanent Secretary, his stay in PTD was very brief yet he has been able to leave a footprint on the sand of time. He has also been able to touch the lives of some pensioners in his own little way,” she said.

The Ondo State chairman of Nigeria Union of Pensioners, Chief Raphael Adetuwo said Olipede served with integrity without any form of financial misappropriation.

He disclosed that he took the welfare of Pensioners with almost priority, which resulted in the prompt payment of pensions and gratuity by the state government.

Speaking, Olipede expressed his gratitude to workers in the department for their cooperation and commitment during his time.

He stressed that through his interventions, the pension department recorded successes that improved the lives of pensioners in the state.

“I want to advise civil servants to be committed to their jobs because what they are seeing today is a product of dedication and commitment.

“Before now the Pension department was not represented at Joint Account Allocation Committee (JAAC) , I wrote a memo to the Head of Service and after setting up a committee, it was approved. To the glory of God, I have attended the meeting twice and that is a great development in the service.

“Also , they use to give pensioners peanuts in the area of gratuity, through a memo i wrote to the governor, which I asked to N150 million monthly and it was approved.

(1) (Reply)

Impeachment Crisis: Anambra Lawmakers Sue Governor Obiano / No Morality In Politics / APC Crisis: National Reconciliation Committee To Commence Sitting Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.