Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? (2109 Views)

All GO's & Religious Leaders Must Go To Prison — Pastor Tunde Bakare / Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. / Noise Pollution: Religious Leaders Deny Knowledge Of Approved Decibel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by pendelite(f): 9:21pm On Jan 08, 2006
Have Nigerian youths lost confidence in Religious leaders or is this just youthful exuberance. An example is the comments about the Prophesy of Pastor Adeboye.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by donnie(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2006
Not at all ...they Haven't.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by Seun(m): 4:27pm On Jan 10, 2006
Well I have. I lost confidence in them first (except a few like Pastors Adeboye, Gbile Akanni) and then later I lost confidence in the religion they promote.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by nicetohave(m): 5:39pm On Jan 10, 2006
well to start with i have a few religious leaders i look up to and they have never disappointed me,

Pastor Kumuyi
Dr. Olukoya
Pastor Adeboye
Bishop Oyedepo
Pastor Oyakhilome

others i have no business with; as long as i keep my eyes focussed on the cross of christ, even their apparent errors can only serve to appreciate God the more
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by otokx(m): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2006
who are this religious leaders? if only you know how they collude with politicians to subvert the truth. Alams had a pastor, the president has a pastor and just look at all the mess. My eyes are focused on Jesus. There is disenchantment in the land, no correlation between the pastors lifestyle and the poverty so great around. Religion causes man to be lazy in body and intellect - going to church everyday instead of putting their hands to good work.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by ijebuman(m): 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2006
I never had any confidence in them in the first place. The earlier Nigerian youths free themselves from 'religious bondage' the better our society will be. If anything, this forum has shown how all logic is thrown out the window where religion is concerned.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by thekrafter(m): 7:14pm On Jan 10, 2006
ijebuman:

I never had any confidence in them in the first place. The earlier Nigerian youths free themselves from 'religious bondage' the better our society will be. If anything, this forum has shown how all logic is thrown out the window where religion is concerned.

How right you are, ijebuman, how right you are. If we apply critical analysis, logic and reason to everything we do, Nigeria would be a MUCH better place. Some responses on this forum leave me utterly bewildered. I do not think it only applies to Nigeria. Most rational human beings throw out reason whenever it comes to "spiritual matters". James Randi's site is an example of how intellectual darkness can be found all over the world. Thankfully, SOME people are pushing back the frontiers of this darkness every day.
Re: Have Nigerian Youths Lost Confidence In Religious Leaders? by pilgrim1(f): 7:01pm On Aug 01, 2007
As a Nigerian, I can be thankful for the calibre of pastors we have bo inside and outside of the country. At a time when some people had written off Nigeria as synonymous with everything bad, scary, dubious, suspicious, ignorant, and whatever else, God has blessed the country with many who are well respected today and have brought integrity to us as Nigerians.

I wish that some people would be able to see what's happening for themselves. Before, everything had to be from 'abroad' - either America or Europe. Today, it's amazing how even Europeans are rushing to Nigeria and ernestly seeking out our pastors to listen to and work with them! There are a few names across naija that are still highly respected outside our dear country; and even though we can't pretend that there are many more fakes doing 'ministry', the one thing that can't be gainsaid is that Nigerians are respected in many parts of the world today.

I'm not sure how many Nigerian youths have lost confidence in 'religious' leaders (Muslim, Christian and other religious leaders). But the previous entries seem to have focused more on Pastors. For whatever reason it may seem that some youths have less confidence in their leaders, I for one have more confidence in our Christian leaders - those who know what they've been called to, and attend to that calling with their hearts.

(1) (Reply)

Did Jesus Christ Survive The Crucifixion? / Why Steve Wonder Is Still Blind / Did God Really Create Man From Sand As The Bible Says?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.