Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,631 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today (13879 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / ASUU To Suspend Strike After Closed Door Meeting With FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by bodvic14(m): 5:46am On Nov 26, 2018
The Federal Government is expected to hold another emergency meeting with the Academic Staff Union of Universities on Monday in a bid to end the ongoing strike in public universities.

The last meeting between the two parties took place on November 15. Despite the meeting lasting for six hours, the strike was not called off because no agreement was reached.

Our correspondent learnt on Sunday that today’s meeting would again focus on the issues in the 2017 Memorandum of Action, which the union claimed the Federal Government had neglected.

Public universities lecturers began their strike on November 5, saying the Federal Government had failed to implement the key areas of focus contained in the MoA.

From a copy of the FG/ASUU 2017 agreement obtained by our correspondent, the issues still under contention are the funding of public universities, earned academic allowances, salary shortfalls and pension matters.

The President of ASUU, Prof Biodun Ogunyemi, in an interview with our correspondent on Sunday confirmed the union’s meeting with the Federal Government would take place on Monday.

Ogunyemi said, “There is supposed to be a meeting tomorrow evening (Monday). It all depends on the way government approaches it. If they invite us further, we will go. It also depends on what they put on the table. We met them briefly and we agreed to meet on Monday (today).

“We met with the Minster of Education (Adamu Adamu) on Thursday and it was a short meeting. We have given them our terms. I am not representing myself but those who have given us a clear mandate and we shall abide by the terms.”

The Federal Government’s delegation led by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Chris Ngige, in their meeting with ASUU leaders on November 15 appealed to the union to consider the interest of the students and end the strike.

https://punchng.com/strike-fg-ASUU-hold-another-crucial-meeting-today/

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by sluk(m): 5:48am On Nov 26, 2018
I just love ASUU. Good strikers.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by whitebeard(m): 6:09am On Nov 26, 2018
abeg till next yr..December is here already.. omo December don reach now now sha..!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Bossontop(m): 9:19am On Nov 26, 2018
undecided
The truth of d matter is dat both buhari and ASUU deserve this.........

7 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Trustee1: 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
2019! Nigeria students shouldn't vote for ethnicity or race but true leadership. PMB has failed Nigeria so much more than his dad's condom!

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by timijoseph01(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
Hope something good comes out of it
Any way i got an
Iphone 8plus for Sale
Iphone X Box & Charger for Sale
Lagos/Abk
Contact via Signature smiley
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Hedriz(m): 9:20am On Nov 26, 2018
hostel don taya me oo, make dem do fast jae
still pondering whether we lasuite are gonna exam this year.

2 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by BuildingEngr: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
FG should answer them, its getting too long.

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Make I go find work sef ..this strike go long faa
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by qanda: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
While praying for a fruitful and successful outcome. I am happy to inform Nigerian Undergraduates about Q and A App (built by a Nairalander), an Edtech App for sourcing and distributing Study materials, Past Questions and Answers. We are working hard to get to the level where you can Watch a replay of your lectures on the App and also capture live lectures for those who for one reason or the other are not able to physically attend a lecture.

Download Q and A App from Google Playstore

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by dynicks(m): 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Trustee1:
2019! Nigeria students shouldn't vote for ethnicity or race but true leadership. PMB has failed Nigeria so much more than his dad's condom!
savage u bro
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Jothamthompson: 9:21am On Nov 26, 2018
Mod you people are biased

I posted this https://www.nairaland.com/4867449/strike-fg-ASUU-hold-another around 8:30AM and didn't make front-page even after comments

But this is not up-to 5min and it made FP

This is part of our country problem

9 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by herzernIsHere: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Well, ASUU strike traditionally lasts for more than a month - it's their way. It will come to me as a shock if this ends before 4-5 weeks. Also, considering that the end of the year is drawing nigh, Christmas and New year break which of course go hand in hand shortens the academic weeks in the month of December, it will do no institution no good resuming in December as this thread suggests.

ASUU should just end this whole thing next year. Oh! I forgot, Presidential election is by February (early I think). This makes it even more interesting as most students will want to go home and vote. Oboy, we might just be on the verge of the longest ASUU strike in 6 years. grin grin

ASUU strike 2000 is still the king.

Ireboya:
Make I go find work sef ..this strike go long faa

You belong to the department of finance, University of Lagos. Am I right?

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by computerglobal(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by XploraBen(m): 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Just hope something meaningful come out of this meeting.
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by arabbunkum: 9:23am On Nov 26, 2018
Make Una kukuma leave the meeting till after elections next year o
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Trustee1: 9:24am On Nov 26, 2018
sluk:
I just love ASUU. Good strikers.
You're obviously one of those users of tecno P5, who heard of nairaland and registered to display excessive stupidity in public. You're definitely not a student,I bet you don't know what ASUU stands for. They are other topics for shallow minded people, go there and show them the peak of your foolishness.

5 Likes

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by 3RNEST(m): 9:24am On Nov 26, 2018
angry angry
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by lonelydora: 9:25am On Nov 26, 2018
Can anything come out of Bethlehem?

Waste of precious time. Ngige and his boss are mad
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by rawpadgin(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2018
Not now!
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by yjgm(m): 9:26am On Nov 26, 2018
It will be settled
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Quality20(m): 9:27am On Nov 26, 2018
they shd continue d strike pls. Let's c who gets tired
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Nobody: 9:30am On Nov 26, 2018
Good news at last.. It can't enter next year biko.. I must finish everything school this year smiley
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by BitsMaster: 9:33am On Nov 26, 2018
I pray the meeting will bring crucial conclusion.

Do you want quality blogs, websites or softwares for your ideas, companies, schools, churches and businesses?

WhatsApp me today on: 081 two three four 199 six seven
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by celebgistz: 9:34am On Nov 26, 2018
Jothamthompson:
Mod you people are biased

I posted this https://www.nairaland.com/4867449/strike-fg-ASUU-hold-another around 8:30AM and didn't make front-page even after comments

But this is not up-to 5min and it made FP

This is part of our country problem

Don’t say what you don’t know
Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Myhighdreams(f): 9:40am On Nov 26, 2018

1 Like

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by somisore111: 9:40am On Nov 26, 2018
WE DESIGN AND DEVELOP ALL TYPES AND KINDS OF WEBSITES, WEB APPS AND MOBILE APPS THAT ARE CUSTOM-MADE FOR YOUR BUSINESS, ORGANISATION OR BRAND

We have FULL-STACK Development professional team working at your service from our corporate office in Ikeja, Lagos

Features We will Deploy for Your Web App Software Project

== Secure SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

ARE YOU DEVELOPING ANY OF THE FOLLOWING?

• Inventory System Software
• Ecommerce Website
• Hotel Management System Software
• Financial Institutions System Software
• School Management System Software/ School Portal
• Hospital Management System Software Development
• Airport/ Airline Booking Management System Software
• Multi-Level Marketing System Software
• Social Media Network Application
• Photo Sharing Web Application
• Catalog Web Application Site
• Forums
• Sport Betting Website

DONT Let Web Quacks Develop your web/mobile apps for your business

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Strike: FG, ASUU To Meet Again Today by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 26, 2018
herzernIsHere:
Well, ASUU strike traditionally lasts for more than a month - it's their way. It will come to me as a shock if this ends before 4-5 weeks. Also, considering that the end of the year is drawing nigh, Christmas and New year break which of course go hand in hand shortens the academic weeks in the month of December, it will do no institution no good resuming in December as this thread suggests.

ASUU should just end this whole thing next year. Oh! I forgot, Presidential election is by February (early I think). This makes it even more interesting as most students will want to go home and vote. Oboy, we might just be on the verge of the longest ASUU strike in 6 years. grin grin

ASUU strike 2000 is still the king.

You belong to the department of finance, University of Lagos. Am I right?
Wow..yes bro, u sabi me ? sad

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Deal With A Biased Lecturer? / Ambrose Alli University Students In Dilemma As ASUU Kick Against Resumption / 2 Students Sponsored By Presidential Amnesty Programme Graduate In USA(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.