Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,969 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) - Sports (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (119542 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa: AFCON Quarter Final (2 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Mdtoba(m): 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
e]this Nigeria team needs a total overhaul ,we won the match today due to luck and experience ,a better side would have beaten us blue black

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by edupedia: 8:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
BIGTinfotech:
Oya oh...Atiku and Jubril Buhari should congratulate the girls biko.

....stop codeine
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Tokziby: 8:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
We really don't have to exchange coach with any of them. This Dennerby makes them look very good with the rubbish tactics. Omagbemi would've done well against them. Both Cameroon and SA are poo when our players are playing their games compared to the nonsense approach.
I have never seen a super falcons performance this bad. I was hoping they lost the match to Cameroon. We couldn't even hold the ball in our own half for 10 secs talkless of Cameroons half. shocked No midfield, no cohesion, lack of self confidence and tactically inept. Without the defenders we were nothing...

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by martineverest(m): 8:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Can you hear yourself bro"Omagbemi failed at the world cup level and we outplayed other countries" that's ill luck not failure. Had Omagbemi being retained, with quality friendlies played, trust me this tournament would've been an easy ride for us. Like i said i await his performance at the worldcup
we struggled during the last African tournament... Cameroon outplayed us too..

what about other awcon we failed to win?...it'sh time we go beyond African monopoly and Excel at world stage

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by dex711: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
The coach needs to know his players better, the first two 2nd half subs he made were just poor, bringing in Ajibade and Imo (short one players) allowed our midfield to lack that link to the attack. If Okoronkwo had not been added to that midfield who knows what could have happened.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tokziby:

I have never seen a super falcons performance this bad. I was hoping they lost the match to Cameroon. We couldn't even hold the ball in our own half for 10 secs talkless of Cameroons half. shocked No midfield, no cohesion, lack of self confidence and tactically inept. Without the defenders we were nothing...
Absolutely rubbish and ppl still expecting wonder at the WC

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by naptu2: 8:11pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
kindly remind me who was in charge of the team when we played France and got walloped by 8goals? Same coach innit and you're still expecting him to perform @ the Wc. Take it or leave it. With our recent shabby performances the upcoming WC will turn out to be our worse ever.

Someone is cashing in seriously on this Coach's appointment.

martineverest:
omagbemi failed at world cup level...we outplayed other countries during world cup, especially against USA..but we conceded cheaply

The coach was hired primarily because he took Sweden to the 3rd position at the 2011 World Cup (he was Sweden's coach from 2005-2012), but the fact that you can do it with one team does not mean that you can replicate that performance with another team. Besides, you also have to take our usual shabby preparation into account.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by YAHAYADAUDA1999(m): 8:12pm On Nov 27, 2018
wow what a game for the lionese and what a win for the falcons
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by JeogahII(m): 8:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats Falcons. World cup here we come

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
martineverest:
we struggled during the last African tournament... Cameroon outplayed us too..

what about other awcon we failed to win?...it'sh time we go beyond African monopoly and Excel at world stage
Yet we tactically won right? This is the worst performance from the falcons at any Nations Cup. Dont expect miracle at world stage

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by fergie001: 8:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
No jokes Bro, Amaju is paying the dumb goat $47k plus other ad-ons
Dusting my coaching manual right now....

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by BIGTinfotech: 8:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
edupedia:

....stop codeine

Ignoring you is best, you're probably writing JAMB next year. lipsrsealed
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Mccullum: 8:19pm On Nov 27, 2018
CONGRATS TO ALL THE PLAYERS...

CONGRATS TO NIGERIANS

EXPECTING TO CONGRATULATE THE GIRLS AGAIN IN THE FINAL AS THE WINNERS OF THE COMPETITION BY GOD GRACE.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by emes2swt(m): 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nice... One congrats girls �
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
naptu2:

The coach was hired primarily because he took Sweden to the 3rd position at the 2011 World Cup (he was Sweden's coach from 2005-2012), but the fact that you can do it with one team does not mean that you can replicate that performance with another team. Besides, you also have to take our usual shabby preparation into account.
7yrs in charge of the Swedish team all he could boast of is 3rd place which to me isn't good enough and that makes him better than Omagbemi?. Give Omagbemi same 7yrs to handle the falcons with quality friendlies and see if she won't better this coach. This is our worst ever performance at continental stage Bro.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Aguriasefriday1(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
Congrats.. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by watchindelta(m): 8:23pm On Nov 27, 2018
SA 1 vs mali 0 undecided falcons go hear am more this time undecided

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by martineverest(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Yet we tactically won right? This is the worst performance from the falcons at any Nations Cup. Dont expect miracle at world stage
oga, African football is different from world football.....the Cameroonians that were superb,why weren't they able to score?.

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by JasonScoolari: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
fergie001:

Dusting my coaching manual right now....
Lol, you nor be white man, not even an albino.

You'll be owed 13 months salary. Ask the late Keshi, Amodu and Florence Omagbemi. grin

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Tokziby: 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
Absolutely rubbish and ppl still expecting wonder at the WC

Which wonder after France disgraced us in Friendlies. The European teams are getting advanced day by day. Who be France where Norway, Germany, Sweden, Spain dey before. But now, they can conveniently compete with them. Denmark sef don cut face and England still dey pull strings wella. Almighty China, USA and Brazil sef dey fear Europeans. But we Africans especially Naija and Ghana should by now be dragging powers with them but na lie, na whipping team we'll continue to be.

4 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Mizwisdom(f): 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
Another huddle now is SA, very tactical and skilled, how can Nigeria win them? I don't think it's possible with that Swedish coach, we need someone who knows the ability of each player, let's hope they perform better at WC
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by fergie001: 8:28pm On Nov 27, 2018
JasonScoolari:
Lol, you nor be white man, not even an albino.

You'll be owed 13 months salary. Ask the late Keshi, Amodu and Florence Omagbemi. grin
Na true...this country weak me..

So they want me to buy Dencia's whitenicious before they treat me well ABI?
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
martineverest:
oga, African football is different from world football.....the Cameroonians that were superb,why weren't they able to score?.

Egbon who was in charge when France beat them 8nils? Did he learn anything from that match??

You're just making case for the failure of tactically dumb coach.

We go see for WC

1 Like

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by danuzochukwu: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
I'm now very relieved and happy about this result, i don't care what happens in the final as far as we've qualified for world cup.
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by naptu2: 8:30pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pidginwhisper:
7yrs in charge of the Swedish team all he could boast of is 3rd place which to me isn't good enough and that makes him better than Omagbemi?. Give Omagbemi same 7yrs to handle the falcons with quality friendlies and see if she won't better this coach. This is our worst ever performance at continental stage Bro.

Personally, I believe that the NFF is at the centre of all our problems. They frustrated Omagbemi out of the job because she asked for her entitlements (just take a look at what Desire Ellis has been able to accomplish with Banyana and then imagine what would have happened if Omagbemi had continued in the job), bungled the appointment of Randy Waldrum (who was their first choice as replacement for Omagbemi) and took a very long time before appointing Dennerby.

Then they abandoned the team and we did not have enough grade A friendlies to be able to assess the performance of the coach and the players and to enable the players to blend properly. In fact we had only one grade A friendly, against France, which we lost 8-0, meanwhile South Africa played two games against Sweden and games against France and Chile.

3 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Sixteen2012: 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sure
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
tongue
Oyindidi:
I go Church earlier, I don showgrin I talk am sey we go win grin

yes oh our girls did it

but your heart been don dey run 300km/hr

abi you go church go calm am down
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Pidginwhisper: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
Tokziby:

Which wonder after France disgraced us in Friendlies. The European teams are getting advanced day by day. Who be France where Norway, Germany, Sweden, Spain dey before. But now, they can conveniently compete with them. Denmark sef don cut face and England still dey pull strings wella. Almighty China, USA and Brazil sef dey fear Europeans. But we Africans especially Naija and Ghana should by now be dragging powers with them but na lie, na whipping team we'll continue to be.
You can imagine. And somebody dey tell me say dem hire the Albino for WC. Hence he has nothing to do with Continental Trophy. We go see am for WC
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by GOZ4CHRIST(m): 8:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
Abeg any update about South Africa vs Mali?
Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 8:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
InvestorO:
That our coach with two left leg will be feeling like a DÒN now psomething we normally win with no tension

[/b]You are right my brother
[b]only God knows what he has been teaching them

They were all playing as if the had dicck over night

2 Likes

Re: Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) by sheylarhh(m): 8:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
GOZ4CHRIST:
Abeg any update about South Africa vs Mali?
South Africa 1 vs Mali 0

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Undergoing Medicals At Juventus (Photos) / Scene Of The Accident That Killed Ifeanyi George (Graphic Photos) / "Sex With Messi Was Like With A Dead Body" - Xoana Gonzalez Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.