Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. (5093 Views)

FG Plans N8tn Budget For 2016 / Gov Fashola Accused Of Impregnating A Lagos State Govt Staff / GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by oladayo042: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
Okija_juju:

So if I marry 5 wives thats 90 times 5, and if they all in a mysterious accident that 90 times 10.

Wick'd!! I wanna be NDDC chairman.

@Okija, Sayso
"N90million is listed to cater for marriages and funeral donations to staff" means N90m for all staff marriages and funerals within that fiscal year, not N90m for every marriage held by a staff.

Why not take some time to read the post before replying?
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by obi123: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2010
and we wonder why we are where we are , we are closing in on hopeless minute by minute, second by second
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by dustydee: 3:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
so if only 9 people get married and no funeral then each couple gets 10M each? NO, the chairman goes home with the remaining 'change'
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Fhemmmy: 3:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
ajadudu:

I think the N90M is for ALL funeral and weddings, not just one!

If you have 9,000 government workers, and 2% of them die/get married in a year, that is 9M/180 = N50,000. Doesn't sound so much now huh?

Sounds not so much, but with all the money that has been awarded to different things, is this needed again?
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Pharoh: 3:11pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^ That what i was thinking myself. cool
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by rookie(m): 3:20pm On Jul 28, 2010
ajadudu:

I think the N90M is for ALL funeral and weddings, not just one!

If you have 9,000 government workers, and 2% of them die/get married in a year, that is 9M/180 = N50,000. Doesn't sound so much now huh?

Your calculation is dangerously inaccurate.

Going by your numbers 2% of 9000 = 180
N90,000,000 / 180 = N500,000
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by ajadudu: 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
My bad, I thought it was N9M, but my point is, you do not get N90M each. The real question is should the government be contribution for weddings and funerals.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Fhemmmy: 3:24pm On Jul 28, 2010
ajadudu:

My bad, I thought it was N9M, but my point is, you do not get N90M each. The real question is should the government be contribution for weddings and funerals.

That is not the govt's business.
Soon they will be giving money to people to have a concubines
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Rooneyboy(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2010
We are in trouble in this country.
It's only God that will punish this people for us.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by otawa: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2010
Rooneyboy:

We are in trouble in this country.
It's only God that will punish this people for us.

wrong.

Last time I checked, Mr Obasanjo, IBB, Marwa, Abdulsalam, etc are still enjoying their LOOT.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by jokingmary(m): 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
Spyker:

Senators, House of Reps members, House of Assembly members and Councillors have used their position to loot. By putting it in the budget, even EFCC cannot query its use.

I said it that corruption is in our constitution only that it is not spelt out boldly for all to see.

Senators or monkeys?
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by seguntijan(m): 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
If a typical Nigeria is push in the wall instead of coming out, he will learn how to adapt to the environment he find himself.As I see this Leader and the way we the citizen keep going i bet it with anybody that this sharing of money will persist. The only solution i see to this problem is that we citizen must fight ourself no one can help us to do it except we ourselves let raise ALUTA both the young and old,the men and women, we should attack any Government official that we can prove he/she is corrupt. THE ONLY SOLUTION US TO ERADICATE OUR CORRUPT LEADER AND PUT A TESTED AND TRUSTED LEADER TO RULE FOR SOMETIME BEFORE WE SETTLE THINGS.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by matty1024: 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2010
I am not surprised this bill passed through under the presiding of the deputy speaker of the house Mr. Nafida
Nigerians should take their minds back to the debate on constitutional hierachy. Mr nafida tactically placed himself
above the office of the chief justice of the federation. He is known to be selffish and greedy.
How can a honest man allow such bill to pass through, were alot of nigerians are suffering today.
What a shameless house, with evil intentions!!!!!
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by sunnyprof: 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
How much is N90m? With 9000 staff and 1m Contractors and 222 Chiefs/community Leaders to satisfy, do you think this will be enough to show NDDC presence in all their 'owugri' ceremonies? When only one director or commisioner in NDDC will use over N50m for his weding to the daughter oe of the Governor's, then would this sum be enough all of them?

REMEMBER ONE OF THEM SAID THIS A BUDGET, A PROVISIONAL PLAN TO TAKE CARE OF ALL THE WEDDINGS AND BURIALS THE DIRECTORS MAY BE INVITED TO, YOU KNOW 'AS NDDC CHAIRMAN OR DIRECTOR FOR THAT MATTER!!

shocked shockedgrin grin grin tongue tongue kiss cheesy cry cry
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by vinceobe: 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2010
Why the hullabaloo about N90million for marriage and funerals of the NDDC. It is their money, isnt it. They are the goose that lays the golden eggs.
If oil blocks could be brazenly allocated to the likes of Gen Danjuma, and numerous others I cannot mention here, which they sold and raked in billions of naira into their pockets, where governors and government officials steal billions, where each senator gets N50million and House of representative member gets N42million a quarter, then why the hue and cry over the N90million pitance. The house members who complained about the amount should count their teeth with their tongue.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by laden: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
may Almighty Allah punish all those that think that d money shuld be acceptd.dis is totally madness and crazyness.fellow nigerians,shal we continue to fold our hands and watch these unscrupulous politicians truncatin our future.habaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by nigerhead(m): 5:40pm On Jul 28, 2010
Please does NDDC have up to 9000 staff?
The money is just for their staff not to give to anybody else
Why should government be paying such money, and I bet U if there is any marriage or funeral, they will still collect contribution frm each staff ,

Meanwhile, I'm sure they are still allowing gas flaring, oil spills, and massive pollution in the Niger Delta, killing innocent children in batches

grin grin grin Naija I hail thee , bunch of thieves we got as leaders ,
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by texazzpete(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
ajadudu:

This is for the NDDC alone not the entire Government.
Wedding contributions everywhere else in Nigeria is done on a personal basis. In my office we pass around an envelope when someone is getting married. Why the hell should taxpayers' monies be used to pay for this in the NDDC?

Do you know how many boreholes 90m can drill?
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by texazzpete(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2010
vinceobe:

Why the hullabaloo about N90million for marriage and funerals of the NDDC. It is their money, isnt it. They are the goose that lays the golden eggs.
If oil blocks could be brazenly allocated to the likes of Gen Danjuma, and numerous others I cannot mention here, which they sold and raked in billions of naira into their pockets, where governors and government officials steal billions, where each senator gets N50million and House of representative member gets N42million a quarter, then why the hue and cry over the N90million pitance. The house members who complained about the amount should count their teeth with their tongue.

It is not their money. The money belongs to the people of the Niger delta.
So because some Nigerians are stealing, everyone should be allowed to steal abi?

I really hope you aren't a Niger Deltan. if you are, you should be really ashamed of yourself.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by MyJoe: 6:10pm On Jul 28, 2010
texazzpete:

So because some Nigerians are stealing, everyone should be allowed to steal abi?
That, sadly, is how many of our people see things.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by jacoby70ng: 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
I hope RCCG is not falling apart! I am so sure there are other ways to know and believe in God without being rich and famous. God will help Nigerian
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Fhemmmmy: 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2010
jacoby70ng:

I hope RCCG is not falling apart! I am so sure there are other ways to know and believe in God without being rich and famous. God will help Nigerian

What has this got to do with the budget?
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by tlops(m): 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2010
since when did donation for private matters starts featuring in budgets, I beg my birthday dey come, 500k go do me (i no greedy).
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Fhemmmmy: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
tlops:

since when did donation for private matters starts featuring in budgets, I beg my birthday dey come, 500k go do me (i no greedy).

Lol
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
vinceobe:

I hope and pray we all wake up,me i don ja
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by natume: 8:07pm On Jul 28, 2010
This is serious .
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2010
yeah, we'll soon hear about budgetary allocations for hair cuts, saloon etc;. embarassed
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by philip0906(m): 8:14pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^
ofcourse dats not going 2 be a big deal cos they already have newspaper allowance,tea allowance and more silly allowances grin grin
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by mrkoma2012: 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2010
Keep repeating that our leader taking nigeria for a ride all in the name of democracy, greedy bastards want to live in absolute luxury providing zero didvidend in return.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by Kilode1: 10:30pm On Jul 28, 2010
Same old same.
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by taosola(m): 11:46pm On Jul 28, 2010
I CRY ( cry cry cry ) FOR "REVOLUTION"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. by RemKen: 2:29am On Jul 29, 2010
Although I spend average of about eight hours a week reading many of our contributions on nairaland but I hardly contribute because of the way we trivialise serious issues and many people arguing blindly. 90m as a budget for 9000 staff for a year is not much, but do you ask how many people work in NDDC? My company gave me a gift of a hundred thousand naira during my wedding and therefore don't think civil servants shouldn't enjoy same but the problem is over bloated budget. Anyway, what I want everybody to know is that THE DAY NIGERIANS GET TO KNOW HOW THESE PEOPLE SPEND OUR MONEY WITH TAILS OF SORROW, TEARS AND BLOOD, there will dead bodies all over the major streets in Nigeria. Some people that know will understand my statement. Until then, I rest my case,

WISE MEN SOUGHT FOR HIM, JESUS OF NASARETH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Describe Boko Haram In 2 Words. / Open Letter To Nigerian Electorates / First Thing First, Buhari Must Stop Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.