Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:31 AM

My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (63979 Views)

Buhari Shares Office Photos, 19 Days To Election, Nigerians React (Photos) / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bedspread: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Hallelujah!
The issue in Immigration office is the fees collected not really the serenity of the environment..

Like in Festac Lagos and Abuja where I have Personally had experiences, if you don't have a special officer that handles your request on a special fee it's quite difficult to fix ur passports.. Hopefully I pray such changes

3 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Opinionated: 11:42am On Nov 27, 2018
Cool, PMB, Change Begins With You.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bigtt76(f): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2018
Lucky you ....Nice buh this place nor be busy naaa ....come Ikoyi or Festac come see cheesy cheesy cheesy

Emmahunk:
CHANGE? You Will Be Shocked At What I Saw In This Govt. Office. (photos)

In a Country where it's extremely difficult to find any public office that actually works, I hardly expected much but my experience at Warri Passport Office left me stunned.

I have decided to share this because we as citizens owe it as a duty to bring to public knowledge the ills in our public institutions. In same vein, posterity will hold us accountable if we do not commend those that at least tried to make a difference. Having been away from the Country for close to a decade, I have decided to come back home a little earlier and uppermost in my agenda was the renewal of my Nigerian passport. At Lagos ,my siblings had advised that I handle the renewal when I got into my good old town of Warri as the town now boasts of a Passport Office. I actually agreed to this with mixed feelings knowing what the hustle and bustle of anything Warri used to be like. Few days after I arrived Warri, I left for the passport office not knowing what to expect in the company of my two siblings.

My first shock came when at the main gate of the Delta State Government House Annex, manned by different security agencies, a young Immigration officer almost magically appeared beside the passenger door of my car and politely asked; " sir, how may we help you?" For the first few seconds, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered if this was happening in the same Nigeria we have been reading so much filth about.

On realising that I had come to renew my expired passport, this same man politely directed us where to park the car and proceeded with us in tow to where he called the 'servicom' desk. By this time, I had taken a quick assessment of the environment and besides a sign on the wall that reads, "welcome to Warri Passport Office" , there was nothing to tell me I was in a Passport office. I mean, no crowd, no hustling and bustling that is synonymous with your average passport office. At this point, I have become very apprehensive. My mind kept screaming, scam!

Anyway, now at the servicom desk, I met about two people already filling out forms and I joined them while wondering where everyone else was if truly I was in the right place. Few minutes later, one of the officers at the desk ushered us into a fully air conditioned semi hall where over fifty people were comfortably seated watching a news channel on a wide LCD television. Again, I wondered but this time at the serenity and orderliness of the crowd. Something definitely is not right, I reasoned. Then, just as we were settling down, a voice came through the speakers installed somewhere: " Attention please , Numbers.....to....,please move to room 3 to collect your passports". I was still wondering if truly this was Nigeria when another voice called out this time a set of names directing them to two different rooms conspicuously marked SCREENING AND APPROVALS. The orderliness was so amazing that for a moment, I realised that this Country can work again. By now, my inquisitive mind was asking so many questions and as if in answer to one of these numerous questions, a young lady in well fitted uniform emerged from the room marked 'screening and walked briskly into the room marked 'approval'. She emerged from the room in less than two minutes and in very clear voice called out about ten names of people that she asked to follow her for capturing.

I was stunned and took a quick glance at my wrist watch as people left the room in batches creating room for new entrants like myself. My watch revealed that I had spent about forty two minutes when I heard my name over the speakers. I quickly entered the room that I was directed to and met about four busy officers again in an air conditioned room. The interview was brisk, thorough BUT professional.

In all it took an hour and 52 minutes from the time I sat down at the servicom desk to submit my application before my number was announced to go to room 3 for collection of my passport.

Albeit this sounds too good to be true, I must confess that till this moment of writing, I am still wondering how a public office in Nigeria can be so organised , comfortable , courteous and efficient.

Definitely, all hope is not lost in this Country, trust me.

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Ernchibyke(m): 11:44am On Nov 27, 2018
otuekong1:
Immigration Passport Department Has Always Been Well Organised,no Be Today, thou there are always passport touts outside, bravo to NIS

Kai
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by demolagilbert: 11:45am On Nov 27, 2018
Lol. Not to worry. Give it a month..or 2.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by SingleWahala(f): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2018
;Dasaaaaassss

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bedspread: 11:46am On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
My own " Testimony of Change " is; I have been at a north eastern state of Yobe for close to three months now, and power supply here is amazing, it's been 23 hours of power daily. When I asked the locals, they told me that the transmission station abandoned for ten years was just completed. Every one here is ready to move to the NEXT LEVEL
Yobe state has always had light since 2006....it's the current of light that's the issue.... I lived in New Jerusalem

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by MPESA(m): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
My own " Testimony of Change " is; I have been at a north eastern state of Yobe for close to three months now, and power supply here is amazing, it's been 23 hours of power daily. When I asked the locals, they told me that the transmission station abandoned for ten years was just completed. Every one here is ready to move to the NEXT LEVEL

LIAR.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by nostimi4u(m): 11:49am On Nov 27, 2018
Well, my brother lucky you . For Lagos state , it’s the other way round . Highest bidder and well connected gets fast track. Even after paying double the price to renew or get a new passport. Population I understand is an issue but at the same time every situation and circumstances has its preculiar way or manner to be handled . But I know corruption and money hawking won’t allow this to happen . The higher the demand the more the money u have to pay to secure your fast track . Naija I hail . Change for a better we demand
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by fk001(m): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:

I agree with you 100% NE are enjoying 23 hours of electricity some LG like Biu LGA have been enjoying it since last 3 years.

In terms of security challenges only the Northern Borno bordering Chad and in Yobe state Yusufari bordering Niger Republic that are facing BH challenges. There is serenity in other part of the state.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Amhappy(f): 11:51am On Nov 27, 2018
That Good News
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by madridguy(m): 11:53am On Nov 27, 2018
At same Alausa passport office, the price for Nigeria passport is there.

Ximonak:
in Alausa it's orderly but we wait under the canopy outside first, someone with mic do give instructions either for data capturing, new application etc before you can enter inside.

Why is there no public fixed fee from Federal govt.?
Nobody knows the fix fee for custom duties, Passport, etc but when the amount is small they make is public like "yellow fever" card is written online for all to see, so no one will jack up the amount for you in the name of helping you.
This corruption from Federal govt. has to stop too .

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by IbrahimDamola: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2018
The experience you have is the same experience I had at Ikoyi passport office during GEJ's time.

The officers there were courteous and gave us lectures in the morning about how to care for our passports etc.

Even though the traffic at Ikoyi was high, they managed logistics properly and it is rubbing off on other Immigration offices thanks to GEJ's transformation.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by newproject(m): 11:56am On Nov 27, 2018
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by vaca1: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:

I actually incorporated two companies from home. Just went to their office to pick COI,CO2 and 7.
You dont need accredited agents for incorporation, unlike before .
great. will ask u for guidance
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Okoroawusa: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2018
The only thing that will stop me from voting Buhari come Feb,16th 2019 is if I die before that date.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by IbrahimDamola: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:

I actually incorporated two companies from home. Just went to their office to pick COI,CO2 and 7.
You dont need accredited agents for incorporation, unlike before .

That's a lie, you need an accredited number which an accredited agent can provide for Incorporation except for business name registration. Stop lying.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Passenger27: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2018
You should have shouted sai BABA. he is really trying to fix what PDP have destroyed for a very long time. Nigeria shall be great again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Keegan: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Many are very disappointed with this briefing.
What they are expected to read is bad news, it makes them so much happy.

They know themselves. Shame on them. cheesy grin shocked

6 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by abc115: 12:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
vaca1:

great. will ask u for guidance
Visit .. https://services.cac.gov.ng

You will do everything there.. payment is also online through remita

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
I did my renewal when this Office was newly opened about 3 years ago, and it has been like this since they started operation. This could pass for the only thing i am proud of about Immigration.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bluefilm: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sai Jonathan

Sai GEJ.

Ha ha ha ha grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Keegan: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Okoroawusa:
The only thing that will stop me from voting Buhari come Feb,16th 2019 is if I die before that date.

You shall not die, you shall live.
You shall live and vote PMB back, and you shall enjoy a Better Nigeria for many many more years to come.

5 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by DFSH(m): 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Emmahunk:

In a Country where it's extremely difficult to find any public office that actually works, I hardly expected much but my experience at Warri Passport Office left me stunned.

I have decided to share this because we as citizens owe it as a duty to bring to public knowledge the ills in our public institutions. In same vein, posterity will hold us accountable if we do not commend those that at least tried to make a difference. Having been away from the Country for close to a decade, I have decided to come back home a little earlier and uppermost in my agenda was the renewal of my Nigerian passport. At Lagos ,my siblings had advised that I handle the renewal when I got into my good old town of Warri as the town now boasts of a Passport Office. I actually agreed to this with mixed feelings knowing what the hustle and bustle of anything Warri used to be like. Few days after I arrived Warri, I left for the passport office not knowing what to expect in the company of my two siblings.

My first shock came when at the main gate of the Delta State Government House Annex, manned by different security agencies, a young Immigration officer almost magically appeared beside the passenger door of my car and politely asked; " sir, how may we help you?" For the first few seconds, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered if this was happening in the same Nigeria we have been reading so much filth about.

On realising that I had come to renew my expired passport, this same man politely directed us where to park the car and proceeded with us in tow to where he called the 'servicom' desk. By this time, I had taken a quick assessment of the environment and besides a sign on the wall that reads, "welcome to Warri Passport Office" , there was nothing to tell me I was in a Passport office. I mean, no crowd, no hustling and bustling that is synonymous with your average passport office. At this point, I have become very apprehensive. My mind kept screaming, scam!

Anyway, now at the servicom desk, I met about two people already filling out forms and I joined them while wondering where everyone else was if truly I was in the right place. Few minutes later, one of the officers at the desk ushered us into a fully air conditioned semi hall where over fifty people were comfortably seated watching a news channel on a wide LCD television. Again, I wondered but this time at the serenity and orderliness of the crowd. Something definitely is not right, I reasoned. Then, just as we were settling down, a voice came through the speakers installed somewhere: " Attention please , Numbers.....to....,please move to room 3 to collect your passports". I was still wondering if truly this was Nigeria when another voice called out this time a set of names directing them to two different rooms conspicuously marked SCREENING AND APPROVALS. The orderliness was so amazing that for a moment, I realised that this Country can work again. By now, my inquisitive mind was asking so many questions and as if in answer to one of these numerous questions, a young lady in well fitted uniform emerged from the room marked 'screening and walked briskly into the room marked 'approval'. She emerged from the room in less than two minutes and in very clear voice called out about ten names of people that she asked to follow her for capturing.

I was stunned and took a quick glance at my wrist watch as people left the room in batches creating room for new entrants like myself. My watch revealed that I had spent about forty two minutes when I heard my name over the speakers. I quickly entered the room that I was directed to and met about four busy officers again in an air conditioned room. The interview was brisk, thorough BUT professional.

In all it took an hour and 52 minutes from the time I sat down at the servicom desk to submit my application before my number was announced to go to room 3 for collection of my passport.

Albeit this sounds too good to be true, I must confess that till this moment of writing, I am still wondering how a public office in Nigeria can be so organised , comfortable , courteous and efficient.

. There must be a leader at that office that knows how to put things right
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by mrMeen(m): 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
worriedguy:
how many states in Nigeria have 23hours electricity
kebbi state has 24/7 electricity.

2 Likes

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by abc115: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

That's a lie, you need an accredited number which an accredited agent can provide for Incorporation except for business name registration. Stop lying.
Bros .. Please we are not living in the the past ...Nigeria and Nigerians have moved on... Please visit here https://services.cac.gov.ng, do your incorporation without accredited agent...then thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by FlyboyZee: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
Emmahunk:

It has been like this since Nigeria started using e-passport.

I got my first passport in 2014 or thereabouts and the experience wasn't much different from what you experienced recently.

Even Driver's License renewal has taken same route, except for the fact that most locations don't have the License printing machine and has to wait for it to be printed in Abuja and then delivered to you through their FRSC Office.

So, we that don't live in Lagos, but live in other states often times enjoy great services from Federal agencies and Parastatals due to the obvious fact that patronage is low because of population and the type of economic activities going on in those states.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by kfrosh: 12:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
What you obviously don't know is that you're charged 30k or more to renew your passport when the official rate is 17k plus. Have you bothered to ask where the excess money goes? Your guess is as good as mine.

If you know, you know.

This is Nigeria, everybody is a criminal.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by FBIL: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
Abeg take my phone number:
Siro Hate Siro sefun sefun tiri hate Siro sefun...
I just told her stop! Stop!!...
I couldn't understand the accent. grin grin
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
but over here in benin city edo state the city of benin is in total darkness. Everybody in the city lock up their stalls and stay indoors b4 seven oclock in the evenin cos seven oclock is the time armed robbers and ritualists operate. Ppl are scared in using public transports cos of fear of one chance and kidnappers. 8 oclock at night the whole city is a ghost town and the city is buried in darkness. Wow change is wonderful.the govt is working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu To Lose His British Citizenship - Kemi Olunloyo / Major Datong Abducted By Bandits At NDA Killed - PM News / Obaseki Runs To Tinubu Ahead Of Edo Governorship Primaries - Dailytimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.