Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) (63409 Views)

Buhari Shares Office Photos, 19 Days To Election, Nigerians React (Photos) / Ayo Fayose Arrives EFCC Office (Photos) / Buhari Submits His Presidential Nomination Form At APC Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by BABANGBALI: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
Pajapaja:
All these people you’re snapping .
I hope you told them you’re putting their pictures online ?
undecided
leave him, I'm going to sue him for posting my face online
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Kunlexity(m): 1:53pm On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:

I actually incorporated two companies from home. Just went to their office to pick COI,CO2 and 7.
You dont need accredited agents for incorporation, unlike before .

Please, how much did it cost you to procure the form and total amount you spent?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Wahala90: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Kenekingisback: 2:03pm On Nov 27, 2018
This is one good thing Obasanjo and his government did well. ECOWAS passport grin
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Silensa(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
Nigeria can work if people heading it wants it to work.
When I did my passport in Abuja immigration office I had similar encounter.
There is no one to announce it just the number issued to you by an automated machine will guide u.
Just fill a form and enter a reception office, pick a number, sit and wait for your number to be displayed on the teleprompter. Then go to capturing and then process your data.
Finally you wait for your passport.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Otokpa22(m): 2:10pm On Nov 27, 2018
No hope is lost
praise God.

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by abc115: 2:14pm On Nov 27, 2018
Kunlexity:

Please, how much did it cost you to procure the form and total amount you spent?
Spent #24,000 on each...depending on the number if shares...I did mine with 1m units share capital
Reservation of Name =N500
Incorporation=N15,000
Stamp duty for 1m shares=N8,000
You do it online.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by YemziAdez(m): 2:16pm On Nov 27, 2018
My experience at the Kebbi State Immigration Office located in Birnin Kebbi, is similar with the Op's one.

The processes were user-friendly and very fast. Although, I got mine the next day.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CHARLOE(m): 2:31pm On Nov 27, 2018
worriedguy:
how many states in Nigeria have 23hours electricity
I stay off ago palace, okota, n we get 16-18hrs of light everyday! We use prepaid meter tho, cos areas without prepaid get less hrs.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by ttmax09(m): 2:36pm On Nov 27, 2018
omonaijiria:

You they mind am.

North have steady supply of light.

A lot of factors contributes to that.

So that is not news as he is portraying it.

Spend 3 months on NE.

He should tell us his Oluyole Power experience
Bro not all states in north ooo, Niger the power state get's 6 hours or less a day. This is there capital minna ooo.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Kunlexity(m): 3:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:

Spent #24,000 on each...depending on the number if shares...I did mine with 1m units share capital
Incorporation=N15,000
You do it online.
abc115:

Incorporation=N15,000
You do it online.
abc115:

Incorporation=N15,000
You do it online.

Thank you bro.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by worriedguy(m): 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
Jiang:

Don't argue what you don't know, I know of an certain area in Maiduguri where electricity is constant for 48 hours straight before it goes off while Majority areas have 18- 20 hours per day
and when did you see me argue? I only asked a simple question. Yes they are places with constant electricity but the places without constant electricity are more and its a fact
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by godliman: 3:18pm On Nov 27, 2018
abc115:
I think anything is possible if you have the mindset and the will and desire to do it and put the time in.- Roger Clemens

God bless you
God bless me
God bless our President
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
You think your president did it, thank the officer in charge jare go to other branches and if you get similar treatment, thank the comptroller general and if every govt office in nigeria works this way then that the president.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by samisj4real(m): 4:08pm On Nov 27, 2018
@Op do you actually expect me to read all that?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Cameroonglass(m): 5:07pm On Nov 27, 2018
nice write-up, but it doesn't mean all is well with our International policies,, now foreigners can easily access Nigerian passport faster....�
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by otokx(m): 5:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Agugbadin:
Good experience but it maybe because many people have fled from Warri,however it is absolutely impossible to get that kind service at the Portharcourt passport office except you pay bribe.At the Portharcourt office if you are not ready to pay bribe it takes two weeks to get the passport.

Say it again.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Nov 27, 2018
Silensa:
Nigeria can work if people heading it wants it to work.
When I did my passport in Abuja immigration office I had similar encounter.
There is no one to announce it just the number issued to you by an automated machine will guide u.
Just fill a form and enter a reception office, pick a number, sit and wait for your number to be displayed on the teleprompter. Then go to capturing and then process your data.
Finally you wait for your passport.

How much did you pay?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Silensa(m): 5:33pm On Nov 27, 2018
otokx:

How much did you pay?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2018
Silensa:

Interesting
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by bewla(m): 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
Sirjamo:
My own " Testimony of Change " is; I have been at a north eastern state of Yobe for close to three months now, and power supply here is amazing, it's been 23 hours of power daily. When I asked the locals, they told me that the transmission station abandoned for ten years was just completed. Every one here is ready to move to the NEXT LEVEL
they are not Obi abi that's kind of we'll come
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CDCEO001: 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2018
I need to go there for my passport oo. The last time I went to owerri for my passport, everything was jagajaga. How do i go there from Owerri?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
That is Nigeria Immigration for you, we don upgrade. Buhari is busy Increasing Salary of Police while we are the ones making Nigeria work. I love my job
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Brunel(m): 5:51am On Nov 28, 2018
EasternDamsel4:

Wow. Really?
I visited Yobe some rugged 7yrs ago...nguru to be precise.

Nysc?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by notimeisnotime(m): 8:39am On Nov 28, 2018
truly a few things are working in good country. thesame thing happened to me when I went to get my voters card at ikenne local govt secretariat in ogun state, the scene was orderly and the environment was really cool I just used about an hour to get mine and I was back to work.

1 Like

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by TEYA: 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
Sirjamo:
Do I sound like I want to convince you? The millions of people in this state are already convinced, and they will speak loud and clear 81 days from today.
81 days? Now you are going to make omonaijiria to weep profusely.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Brunel:

Nysc?
Yup
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CHARLOE(m): 1:45am On Dec 07, 2018
2papa:
That is Nigeria Immigration for you, we don upgrade. Buhari is busy Increasing Salary of Police while we are the ones making Nigeria work. I love my job
Plz how much to renew int. passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2018
CHARLOE:

Plz how much to renew int. passport?
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by CHARLOE(m): 8:00am On Dec 23, 2018
2papa:

Thanks, actually paid 33k to fast-track (thats d word d corrupt immigrations official used) it. Meanwhile, right in front of their festac office is a bold sign board stating d official rates; both new & renewal is 17,000 as stated on d sign board n on their website, yet they tell u its 28k n we pay.
Even with that 28k, they tell u to come back in 4 weeks time, if u want it in a few days, u have to add additional 5-10k. We tolerate and encourage corruption in this country n things will remain d way they are until we wake up n start fighting this scourge at all levels
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by RandyX: 4:54pm On Aug 01, 2019
Emmahunk:
CHANGE? You Will Be Shocked At What I Saw In This Govt. Office. (photos)

In a Country where it's extremely difficult to find any public office that actually works, I hardly expected much but my experience at Warri Passport Office left me stunned.

I have decided to share this because we as citizens owe it as a duty to bring to public knowledge the ills in our public institutions. In same vein, posterity will hold us accountable if we do not commend those that at least tried to make a difference. Having been away from the Country for close to a decade, I have decided to come back home a little earlier and uppermost in my agenda was the renewal of my Nigerian passport. At Lagos ,my siblings had advised that I handle the renewal when I got into my good old town of Warri as the town now boasts of a Passport Office. I actually agreed to this with mixed feelings knowing what the hustle and bustle of anything Warri used to be like. Few days after I arrived Warri, I left for the passport office not knowing what to expect in the company of my two siblings.

My first shock came when at the main gate of the Delta State Government House Annex, manned by different security agencies, a young Immigration officer almost magically appeared beside the passenger door of my car and politely asked; " sir, how may we help you?" For the first few seconds, I was pleasantly surprised and wondered if this was happening in the same Nigeria we have been reading so much filth about.

On realising that I had come to renew my expired passport, this same man politely directed us where to park the car and proceeded with us in tow to where he called the 'servicom' desk. By this time, I had taken a quick assessment of the environment and besides a sign on the wall that reads, "welcome to Warri Passport Office" , there was nothing to tell me I was in a Passport office. I mean, no crowd, no hustling and bustling that is synonymous with your average passport office. At this point, I have become very apprehensive. My mind kept screaming, scam!

Anyway, now at the servicom desk, I met about two people already filling out forms and I joined them while wondering where everyone else was if truly I was in the right place. Few minutes later, one of the officers at the desk ushered us into a fully air conditioned semi hall where over fifty people were comfortably seated watching a news channel on a wide LCD television. Again, I wondered but this time at the serenity and orderliness of the crowd. Something definitely is not right, I reasoned. Then, just as we were settling down, a voice came through the speakers installed somewhere: " Attention please , Numbers.....to....,please move to room 3 to collect your passports". I was still wondering if truly this was Nigeria when another voice called out this time a set of names directing them to two different rooms conspicuously marked SCREENING AND APPROVALS. The orderliness was so amazing that for a moment, I realised that this Country can work again. By now, my inquisitive mind was asking so many questions and as if in answer to one of these numerous questions, a young lady in well fitted uniform emerged from the room marked 'screening and walked briskly into the room marked 'approval'. She emerged from the room in less than two minutes and in very clear voice called out about ten names of people that she asked to follow her for capturing.

I was stunned and took a quick glance at my wrist watch as people left the room in batches creating room for new entrants like myself. My watch revealed that I had spent about forty two minutes when I heard my name over the speakers. I quickly entered the room that I was directed to and met about four busy officers again in an air conditioned room. The interview was brisk, thorough BUT professional.

In all it took an hour and 52 minutes from the time I sat down at the servicom desk to submit my application before my number was announced to go to room 3 for collection of my passport.

Albeit this sounds too good to be true, I must confess that till this moment of writing, I am still wondering how a public office in Nigeria can be so organised , comfortable , courteous and efficient.

Definitely, all hope is not lost in this Country, trust me.

Sorry for quoting an old post but could anyone tell me the address of this passport office in warri? Asking for my cousin. Would be much appreciated.
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Emmahunk(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2019
RandyX:

Sorry for quoting an old post but could anyone tell me the address of this passport office in warri? Asking for my cousin. Would be much appreciated.

Government House Annex
Close to Delta Broadcasting Service
Warri
Re: My Shocking Experience At Warri Passport Office (photos) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 14, 2019
Maxymilliano:
What you experience is relative to the volume of applicants in your chosen location. It is not different from what's obtainable in places like Abeokuta where few applicants throngs on daily basis.

Come to the Immigration office at ASSBIFFI road , Alausa or the one at Alagbon, Ikoyi, the large number of applicants alone leave rooms for all sort of wuruwuru and underhand dealings.

Activities of touts, have been reduced greatly, but very much in existence. They operate in cahoot with unscrupulous immigration officers. My passport renewal in June at the Alausa passport office wasn't as smooth and straightforward as yours. I opted for express, which costs me more.
I suspect op opted for express which he omitted from his write up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos / El-Rufai: The Clown Didn’t Even Know That I Am From Kaduna State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.