Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... (3807 Views)

The Mail I Got From Gtbank / How Do I Recover My Money From Union Bank? / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:39pm On Nov 26, 2018
Dear Customer,
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has advised that cryptocurrency is not a  legal tender in Nigeria and has cautioned against transacting in them.
In order to guarantee the security of our customers’ funds, Union Bank will monitor accounts being used for cryptocurrency transactions and may impose restrictions including closure of such accounts.
We appreciate your patronage and we are committed to providing you with simpler, smarter banking services that best protect your interest and guarantee the security of your funds.  
For enquiries, please call UnionCare – our 24/7 Customer Service Centre on 0700 700 7000. Cc lalastsicala cc mynd44

Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by Adek65: 9:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
adewumiopeyemi:
Dear Customer,
The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has advised that cryptocurrency is not a  legal tender in Nigeria and has cautioned against transacting in them.
In order to guarantee the security of our customers’ funds, Union Bank will monitor accounts being used for cryptocurrency transactions and may impose restrictions including closure of such accounts.
We appreciate your patronage and we are committed to providing you with simpler, smarter banking services that best protect your interest and guarantee the security of your funds.  
For enquiries, please call UnionCare – our 24/7 Customer Service Centre on 0700 700 7000
I'm watching
Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by emeijeh(m): 10:36pm On Nov 26, 2018
Op, tell them I said they are fools.

Emphasis on the fools

1 Like

Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by CheapDataGuy: 11:42pm On Nov 26, 2018
They can't do anything.

Post screenshot of the email, it may get to front page so that others will know to
Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by Harvest601(m): 12:26am On Nov 27, 2018
Here is the picture

Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by Sankabson(m): 7:14am On Nov 27, 2018
Stupidity of the highest order! NIGERIA Sha!! grin
Re: See The Mail I Got From Union Bank. Concerning. Cryptocurrency... by Vicintonsh(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2018
Most banks here see crypto as fraudulent
Try make transfer and add a description like btc,crypto,eth...etc

The bank ll first send you a mail asking to confirm if you truly want to make the transfer and will also pend the money for an hour before releasing it to the recipient

(1) (Reply)

Doctor Of Ovens And Stoves. / See What Eco Bank Gave Us As Depositing Slips / Top 10 Richest Yoruba Man In Nigeria And Their Networth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.