Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,677 members, 7,809,573 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 AM

Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand (838 Views)

Trending Top Movies / Independence Day: 5 Nollywood Movies That Celebrate Nigeria / Top 10 Movies That Will Dominate 2018 By Kingston Dome. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:17pm On Nov 26, 2018
SPOILERS FREE

Before you come acting all guru on me. I'm not trying to say you won't understand all of them after a single view but, you must watch them twice to truly appreciate the well thought and amazing complexity of the stories. But, in some of them, yes you'd have to watch twice to understand. Most of them are old but, gold

Wanna pick the challenge, here goes
Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:21pm On Nov 26, 2018
1. Memento
Released 2000 directed by Christopher Nolan

You could fully grasp this one after watching it twice though. But, you'd have to watch the first time, sit think about it, skim through it and then fully watch the second time, then you'd realize Chris Nolan is not human

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2018
2. Donnie Darko
Released 2001 directed by Richard Kelly

I must confess, I had to watch and think about this movie for more than a year before fully getting it (not everyday for 365 days of course). But, after you get it you'd be like "ohhhhhhh!" The movie is a masterpiece. I promised no spoilers so i ain't even gonna say anything about any of 'em

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:31pm On Nov 26, 2018
3. Shutter Island
Released 2010 directed by Martin Scorsese

You might be stubborn enough not to watch it twice, but you would forget food and be thinking about it loooong after you're done watching it until something inside you will say "why don't you just stop forming Rambo and watch this thing again"

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:35pm On Nov 26, 2018
4. Interstellar
Released 2014 directed by Christopher Nolan

Yea, Nolan is a genius. This movie isn't really one you'd watch twice but, you'd have to watch it thrice the time it would take you to watch the whole movie because you'd have to rewind and pause.

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:41pm On Nov 26, 2018
6. Inception
Released 2010 Directed by Christopher Nolan

Ever had an experience of dreaming in a dream and get confused? This movie would blow you away with it's complexity in the world of dreams that might make you understand why that happens (maybe grin)

2 Likes

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:45pm On Nov 26, 2018
7. The Sixth Sense
Released 1999 Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

I know, right. I couldn't believe my eyes too when i found out that the director was the same director that directed After Earth (If you haven't watched it, DON'T please).
But this movie is a masterpiece you would get it after a single watch but, you'd HAVE to watch it again to see all the things you missed.

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:51pm On Nov 26, 2018
8. Twelve Monkeys
Released 1995 Directed by Terry Gilliam

No, it's not about monkeys it's about humans, Bruce Willis for that matter and it's still messing with my head till today

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 10:54pm On Nov 26, 2018
9. Fight club
Released 1999 Directed by David Fincher

It's Brad Pitt ffs how can you pass on that? And yes, you could get it once but, you'd be scratching you wig after. Trust me

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 11:00pm On Nov 26, 2018
Honorable Mentions

Angels and Demons 2009

The usual suspect 1995

Primer 2004

Wicker Park 2004

Seven psychopaths 2012

Mulholland Drive 2001 (Frankly I still don't understand this movie)

The Matrix 1999

What is the most complicAted movie you've ever watched?

PS: Did you notice they're mostly old movies? Yea, we're in a generation of idiots lipsrsealed
Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by czarina(f): 2:14am On Nov 27, 2018
Haha.....was hoping you'd mention Inception. And you did!

Never for once understood the movie, though Wikipedia helped a bit.

2 Likes

Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by mercilize(f): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2018
Inception �lol. I still don't understand it.
Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by LucemFerre: 11:02am On Nov 27, 2018
mercilize:
czarina:
Haha.....was hoping you'd mention Inception. And you did!

Never for once understood the movie, though Wikipedia helped a bit.

Haha... Then y'all should not even attempt Memento or Donnie Darko cheesy
Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by skitkid2(m): 7:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
mercilize:
Inception is easy
Re: Top Movies That You'd Have To Watch More Than Once To Fully Understand by joshkke(m): 1:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
Please, inception does not belong in this list. Fine concept, but nothing so complicated about it once you get the basic premise.
Still don't understand Donnie Darko. And yes, saw it once about 10 years ago, and yes need to see a movie just ONCE to get it. Including "12 Monkeys". �

Sixth sense doesn't count. Cos, as per Shyamalan's style, it's the twist that makes the movie. And yes, you may take it again, and "see" all the hidden plants, but believe me it's just sleight of hand. Not a true mind-warp like Monkeys.

Memento: heard good stuff, haven't seen it regrettably.

(1) (Reply)

Why Asaba Movies Will Always Sell / BBN: Erotic pictures From The First Pool Party Of The Housemates| Tiz Naija / DSTV And Others Would Suffer Huge Losses Due To Elon Musk's Starlink Arrival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.