Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers (15091 Views)

Wike Sacks 21 Heads Of FCTA Agencies, Parastatals / Wike Sacks Princewill Chike For Hosting Programme Without Permission / Wike Sacks Blessing Chimezie Didia, Rivers State University VC, Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by 16Ebiscoo: 12:18am On Nov 27, 2018
The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Monday sacked the Managing Directors of three television and radio stations in the state.

According to Wike, they were dismissed because of their failure to attend a meeting organized by the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) led by the Chairman, John Momoh.

The stations whose MDs were sacked are: the Rivers State Television, Radio Rivers and Garden City Radio.

Governor Wike said he was embarrassed that none of the state’s owned broadcasting parastatals honoured the meeting.

He also charged BON to always stand on the side of the people and speak the truth concerning the issues in the country at all times.

BON is in the state for its 71st General Assembly meeting, which will be focusing on raising the bar in the digitalization of the broadcast industry.

http://mcebiscoo.com/2018/11/26/wike-sacks-mds-of-tv-radio-stations-in-rivers/

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by sukerefakere(m): 12:48am On Nov 27, 2018
16Ebiscoo:
The Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, on Monday sacked the Managing Directors of three television and radio stations in the state.

According to Wike, they were dismissed because of their failure to attend a meeting organized by the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria (BON) led by the Chairman, John Momoh.

The stations whose MDs were sacked are: the Rivers State Television, Radio Rivers and Garden City Radio.

Governor Wike said he was embarrassed that none of the state’s owned broadcasting parastatals honoured the meeting.

He also charged BON to always stand on the side of the people and speak the truth concerning the issues in the country at all times.

BON is in the state for its 71st General Assembly meeting, which will be focusing on raising the bar in the digitalization of the broadcast industry.

what are you guys expecting from a certified Drunkard

8 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by JohnFrankling(m): 2:41am On Nov 27, 2018
Wike pay pensioners their gratuity

11 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by gare(f): 3:26am On Nov 27, 2018
16Ebiscoo:

That's what we call gross negligence, how can an event be holding in your state and you all failed to attend and some say it's politics, well they are free to join APC

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Nobody: 4:56am On Nov 27, 2018
Joke of a state!

4 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by madridguy(m): 5:28am On Nov 27, 2018
Wetin concern APC with this? undecided

gare:

That's what we call gross negligence, how can an event be holding in your state and you all failed to attend and some say it's politics, well they are free to join APC

14 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by lonelydora: 6:13am On Nov 27, 2018
If you can't perform, you leave.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Wantedmiller: 6:58am On Nov 27, 2018
Wike should please tell us exactly what happened and stop all this crap he is saying!

You sack them because they did not attend meeting............ This story is too weak.

I have noticed one thing about Politicians.. they can never say things the way they are.

Promise those MD's security... you will hear entirely another story.

13 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by otokx(m): 7:01am On Nov 27, 2018
What of the dustbin MD?

2 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Minkooil: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2018
K
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by richfriendsng: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2018
Do you know if you are running an offline business,you are still operating an analog business in a digital world.
I can help you boost your sale with massive customers by creating a website for you, check my siggy to know how
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Bizmagnet: 8:49am On Nov 27, 2018
How come they didn't show up? Weren't they invited?

Do you want quality blogs, websites or softwares for your ideas, companies, schools, churches and businesses?

WhatsApp me today on: 081 two three four 199 six seven
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by hardywaltz(m): 8:50am On Nov 27, 2018
WikeD the Unemployment Master..

Since he took over office in May 2015.

Sacked thousands of Timariv wokers

Sacked RSSDA staff

Incapacitated C4i

Grounded Greater Port Harcourt Authority and throwing most staff into the employment market

Abandoned overseas students.

Sacked some of the 13,000 teachers employed by his predecessor in the name of biometrics.

Refused to pay gratuity and pensions.

Now I challenge anyone to name one person WikeD has employed since he assumed office.

Amaechi in one fell swoop employed 13,000 teachers to shoreup the educational sector after building over 250 model schools.

Later they will blame PMB for high unemployment rate.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by lolade3849: 8:50am On Nov 27, 2018
wow this is bad
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Firefire(m): 8:51am On Nov 27, 2018
gare:

The sons and daughter of perdition are coming to speak & type rubish as usual.

1 Like

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by labusinessguide: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2018
Such a nice decision from the working governor... My only concern is that this doesn't add up to me...
I'm yet to see a governor in the opposition that's this nice when it comes to media control.
Well
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Kenekingisback: 8:56am On Nov 27, 2018
Great job
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by tachacute(f): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2018
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by BillgatesMaigad(m): 9:08am On Nov 27, 2018
gare:

It is quite evident to me that you're some how avid with national politics, do you read newspapers?

1 Like

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Riodiao(m): 9:09am On Nov 27, 2018
mama peace won't like this. I bet you wike and mama peace will have a serious beef cus of this
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Passionate888: 9:15am On Nov 27, 2018
No choppings again in this buhari economy.
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Dwizeone: 9:33am On Nov 27, 2018
hardywaltz:

Sacked RSSDA staff

Incapacitated C4i

Grounded Greater Port Harcourt Authority and throwing most staff into the employment market

Sacked some of the 13,000 teachers employed by his predecessor in the name of biometrics.

The major duty of a responsible government is to create an enabling environment with the right policies for business to thrive. If there is no need for employment or the state workforce is already overbloated why employ more, it will only add to recurrent expenditure without boosting productivity. Wike has embarked on some projects, he’s focused on infrastructure, mind you, when a project is ongoing ( road et all ), people are employed as well, so directly or indirectly he has employed people too.

My good friend what is important is keeping these guys on their toes to do the right thing and not necessarily encouraging waste of government resources.
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by donc26(m): 9:34am On Nov 27, 2018
hardywaltz:

Sacked RSSDA staff

Incapacitated C4i

Refused to pay gratuity and pensions.

Now I challenge anyone to name one person WikeD has employed since he assumed office.

Amaechi in one fell swoop employed 13,000 teachers to shoreup the educational sector after building over 250 model schools.

you forgot to add the 500 doctors he employed during his tenure.Wike is evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by Paschalp(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2018
I must comment!!!
Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by delivryboy: 9:41am On Nov 27, 2018
Most TV and Radio stations are highly politicized and they spread hate and bigotry more than uniting the people (the primary reason they were created).

2 Likes

Re: Wike Sacks Mds Of TV, Radio Stations In Rivers by VIPERVENOM(m): 10:11am On Nov 27, 2018
RSTV still exists?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Ijaw National Congress Unanimously Endorse Peter Obi For President / FG Budgets N1Billion For Ibaka Deep Seaport / $1.1trn Worth Of Fuel Diverted By 18 Companies – Pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.