Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging (775 Views)

Afobaje Maiyegun Who Beat His Wife Arrested By Police / Herbalist Beheads & Plucks Policeman's Eyes In Jos To Make Invisibility Charm / Five Christians To Die By Hanging For Killing Fulani Herdsman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by FlirtyGist: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2018
GistMore.com

A Plateau High Court sitting in Jos, on Monday sentenced a 24-year-old man, Godwin Banchir, to death by hanging for beating his 65-year-old mother to death.

Justice Daniel Longji handed down this sentence after finding Banchir guilty of killing his biological mother.

While delivering the judgment, Longji said: “Going by the findings of this court, you Godwin Banchir, mercilessly took the life of your mother, Mrs Saratu Banchir, in cold blood.

“This sentence is mandatory, as the law states that any person convicted of murder shall be punished with death by hanging.

“The sentence of this court upon you is that you, Godwin Banchir, will be hanged until you are dead, may God have mercy on your soul,’’ he said.

According to Longji, the accused has been charged with culpable homicide, punishable with death upon conviction.

Banchir, in his confessional statement, stated that he returned from the farm and found his mother sitting in the compound and when he greeted her, she ignored him, that infuriated him and he picked a stick and hit her.

He said, “I got angry when she did not respond to my greetings, so I picked the stick of an axe and hit her around her ribs.

“She fell down and started shouting, which attracted our neighbours who came to beat me up and later took me to the police station.

“I have been having misunderstandings with my mother each time I return from the farm, she doesn’t cook for me on time, and she always quarrel with me whenever I want to bath with the water she fetched from the stream.

“Her actions always annoy me. I did not know that she was going to die from the beating she received from me.”

See more - http://gistmore.com/man-beat-mother-death-jos-die-hanging

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by FlirtyGist: 5:42am On Nov 27, 2018
sad
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 27, 2018
Rot in Hell Evil child.

This is the Same punishment our corrupt politicians deserve!
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by Fuckyoumod: 5:46am On Nov 27, 2018
You beat your mother for any reason then you are a cursed child and don't deserve to live.
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by midolian(m): 6:14am On Nov 27, 2018
Why not by being beaten to death too?
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by Ahmed0336(m): 6:33am On Nov 27, 2018
He who comes to equity must come with a clean hands.

Sorry son, your time have come

Say hello to momma if you are oppurtuned to see her
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by Nukilia: 6:52am On Nov 27, 2018
Enchantment at its peak! Always learn to tame your aggressions. Heaven rest their souls undecided
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by Hector09(m): 7:34am On Nov 27, 2018
Two persons frm same family are going to be weep out just like that, why dont u sentence him to jail, even the death mother we be sad to see his son to die this way
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by mikeweezy(m): 8:15am On Nov 27, 2018
useless goat
Re: Man Who Beat Mother To Death In Jos To Die By Hanging by randomite: 1:13pm On Nov 27, 2018
MAKE SALES ON YOUR WEBSITE 24/7 WITH ECOMMERCE WEBSITE – SEE THE INCREDIBLE FEATURES

If your business is not online in this digital savvy erra, you would be swimming against the current.

With increasing need to tap from online opportunities, every businessman or woman is looking to have an online store where he or sell can sell their range of products and services.

According to PayPal, "Nigeria is the 3rd highest mobile shopper worldwide - only after China & India!"

That's massively huge because "Nigerian online shoppers have realized the world is their shopping mall and shop wherever and whenever using their mobile devices because they are generally sophisticated mobile users and this sophistication is aiding small businesses".

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR ECOMMERCE DEVELOPMENT WITH US

== Free Training on How to Upload, Edit and Remove Products Images or Prices
== SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99% uptime – No system is 100% perfect
== Basic Website Maintenance for 1 Month for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

(1) (Reply)

Africa Rankings (2019): Best Countries Protecting Children Against Sexual Abuse / Headline EXCLUSIVE: How Doctor Sedated, Raped Married Patient In Sokoto / The Moment Coffin Fell From The Shoulders Of Some Pallbearer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.