Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,904 members, 7,821,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? (411 Views)

Daddy Freeze Replies Pastor Adeboye’s Response To His Teachings On Tithing / Church Members Walk Out On Pastor Adefarasin Over Tithing / If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2018
I am always quick to remind Christian to read their bibles more carefully because even Christ speaking said "you err because you know not the scriptures".

The only giving you do to God directly is when you give to the needy among the Christian fold.

Remember: (Matt 25:34 ...) when I was hungry u gave me to eat, when I was sick you visited me and they asked lord when did we give you to eat?
He answered, when you did so to the least of ur brothers, you did it to me.
(It is Jesus himself that was speaking about this).

The only other direct giving is the sacrifice of our praise which is the fruit of our lips. . .

I read about people who say tithing should be a personal decision. When the pastor puts it forward to be a necessity don't you think the one who is not doing it will feel he's being disobedient despite his decision? The devil is happy each time a believer carries guilt, grudges, anger or jealousy in their minds because the ground is wet for him to display his tricks.

In the end, how is that believer helped in his faith?

People must not be cadjuled to give to the work of God or the pastor in the name of tithe. Because that name alone references the giving to the law. Nothing wrong about taking an offering to your pastor or donating to the church for running it's services and bills.

Other pastors will say Abraham gave tithe before the law - I ask a simple question, in Hebrews. 11, Abraham's name was mentioned most for his acts in that record of faith, why was his act of tithing not mentioned or omitted?

Again when he tithed, was he commanded by God? The levites (priests) were asked not to tithe according to the law because they had already paid their tithes while in Abraham's bossom.

What does scripture say about us - We ARE: A choose generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people....
So are we not King priests like Melchizedek to whom Abraham paid his tithe? (by virtue of which we all are even qualified to receive tithe).
Again the scriptures clearly states that by faith, we are Abraham's seeds. Why has the waiver for levites not applied in our case?

HEAR ME CLEARLY: There is no special blessing for the one who tithes in our days (The grace dispensation) ORDER than
1. The principle of giving and receiving at work.
2. The blessing God gives to people for honoring him with their substance (by giving towards his work) - This drives the prophesy that said "through prosperity shall thy nation's be spread abroad"
3. The blessing that follows one who gives to an anointed one (A man of God).

Where a born again child of God is, there is nothing like devourer and certainly nothing to rebuke. If there is anything to rebuke, the believer always has the irrevocable authority which is not attached to any laws.
"whatsoever you bind on earth. .."

That error in the body of Christ is totally unnecessary. People should be taught to give from their heart. Remember - Paul warned us of giving out of compulsion (It is indirect compulsion, at least no body in their ignorance wants the devourer to devour their finances) - more than enough compulsion already.

Finally in my opinion there is everything wrong with using that name tithe in the church today, Knowing fully well that it is of the law.
The church started after the dead of Christ and has no tithe record.
Christ himself who even asked to be baptised paid no tithe but tax.
When he talked about tithes with pharisees (none-christians), he spoke about herbs at a time when there was money, of course he paid his tax with money.

Christ prayed, fasted, gave, preached, healed and worked other miracles...

Whatever I have not seen in him or in the one whom he by revelation brought salvation to gentiles is totally baseless

This doesn't mean I condemn believers who practice it at their own level of revelation of the gospel. As far as Christ is preached, there is no contention.

Am only concerned about this for the necessity of sound doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Alejob: 10:02am On Nov 27, 2018
We dey learn!
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by MightySparrow: 10:06am On Nov 27, 2018
This is another member of Daddy Freeze's Church of Confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by hisgrace090: 10:09am On Nov 27, 2018
Hmn!

So deep.
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 10:22am On Nov 27, 2018
MightySparrow:
This is another member of Daddy Freeze's Church of Confusion.

Freeze didn't write the scriptures and he is not the Holy Spirit.
If you are yet to see the same truth there's nothing wrong.

I don't think I sound like someone that is confused. The things I speak about here, I can talk about same at any level or platform before whoever. That being because I make good use of my Bible.
There is nothing greater than the truth
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by enilove(m): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2018
Judahudoh:

I don't think I sound like someone that is confused. The things I speak about here, I can talk about same at any level or platform before whoever. That being because I make good use of my Bible.

Did you not read where Jesus confirmed that tithing is necessary?

Luke 11:42 KJV
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Tithing began b4 the laws of Moses , which shows its importance .
Jesus says the law is not abolished , that is , tithing is not abolished. Even if the laws were abolished , tithing is excluded because its origin is not from the law :

Matthew 5:17-19 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2018
enilove:

[18] For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

I like people like you.

First, Christ was addressing Pharisees not Christians.
Secondly, there was money in their days, have you tried to find out why the tithe was about herbs alone?

Am sure u saw "till all be fulfilled" well enough in the verse I quoted. That statement was simply a conditional.
That was the only condition for which the law could pass away and NO ONE ever fulfilled ALL the law. That's why scriptures said "For all have sinned and fallen short of the. .." in the book of Roman's.

Question: Did Christ fulfill all the law?
If he did, then the law was legally set to pass away after he did. Study the book of Hebrews for yourself.

If you are wearing a cloth that has up to two different material in one (you are transgressing the law)
If you cultivate up to two different crops in one farmland, you are in sin brother.

Stop putting new wine in old wine skin. Each time you do, what is happening here will always occour - It will burst.

Am sorry to inform you that with what you wrote, It means you have not started Christianity yet.
Anything that is not rooted on the finished work of Christ is not Christianity and I hope you do realize that Christianity is beyond religious practices and rituals.

let me stop here.

Christ is our champion, If you do not understand these things it means you have been making light his sacrifice on the cross and are yet to understand the depth of that very sacrifice...

1 Like

Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2018
enilove:

Did you not read where Jesus confirmed that tithing is necessary?

Luke 11:42 KJV
But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Tithing began b4 the laws of Moses , which shows its importance .
Jesus says the law is not abolished , that is , tithing is not abolished. Even if the laws were abolished , tithing is excluded because its origin is not from the law :

Matthew 5:17-19 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
[19] Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them , the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by MightySparrow: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2018
Judahudoh:

Mention seven things that predate the law thatl jesus did not condemn.
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by enilove(m): 2:49pm On Nov 27, 2018
Judahudoh:

I like people like you.

First, Christ was addressing Pharisees not Christians.
Secondly, there was money in their days, have you tried to find out why the tithe was about herbs alone?

Am sure u saw "till all be fulfilled" well enough in the verse I quoted. That statement was simply a conditional.
That was the only condition for which the law could pass away and NO ONE ever fulfilled ALL the law. That's why scriptures said "For all have sinned and fallen short of the. .." in the book of Roman's.

Question: Did Christ fulfill all the law?
If he did, then the law was legally set to pass away after he did. Study the book of Hebrews for yourself.

If you are wearing a cloth that has up to two different material in one (you are transgressing the law)
If you cultivate up to two different crops in one farmland, you are in sin brother.

Stop putting new wine in old wine skin. Each time you do, what is happening here will always occour - It will burst.

Am sorry to inform you that with what you wrote, It means you have not started Christianity yet.
Anything that is not rooted on the finished work of Christ is not Christianity and I hope you do realize that Christianity is beyond religious practices and rituals.

let me stop here.

Christ is our champion, If you do not understand these things it means you have been making light his sacrifice on the cross and are yet to understand the depth of that very sacrifice...

Stop twisting the Bible.

Was there law when Abraham tithed ?

How could Jesus be addressing those he knew would never abolish the law ?

Did Jesus not agree that tithing is a must ?

The death of Jesus means we should :

KEEP THE LAWS EXCEPT THOSE RELATING TO BLOOD SACRIFICES .

BE HOLIER THAN THE PHARISEES .

Matthew 5:20-22 KJV
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[21] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

THE ABOVE IS HOW JESUS CAME TO FULFIL THE LAWS.

The Pharisees used to pay tithes , this Jesus consented to as a necessity.
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 11:41am On Nov 28, 2018
If apostle Paul sees some of us, am sure he would be tempted to stone us...

I do not want to waste time going into the context of the words of Christ in this chapter and beyond.
First, How many of those laws are you keeping?
Read verse 32 of the chapter u quoted from and answer this: Does Christ support divorce?

Rom. 3:19 - For we know that what thing so ever the law said, it said to them who are under the law: THAT EVERY MOUTH MAY BE STOPPED, AND ALL THE WORLD MAY BECOME GUILTY BEFORE GOD.

Rom 6:14 - For sin shall not have dominion over you, for YOU are not under the law, but under grace.

Christianity did not begin until the promise if the Holy Ghost was received by the apostles
Gal. 5:18 says but if ye be led by the spirit, ye are not under the law.

In the law, men that die receive tithe but before the law, he who liveth received it (the model of our dispensation).
If your pastor will die, he is not fit to receive tithe from you. Hebrews 7:8

The OT was referred to as that which decayeth and waxed old and is ready to vanish away (Heb. 8:13)

Concerning the old testament, we are to be built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets(prophesies) with christ as the chief corner stone (Eph. 2:20)

Peter confirms the same thing "be mindful of the words of the prophets and of the commandments of us the apostles of the lord and saviour. 2 pet. 3:2 - This is a man who was everywhere with Christ speaking.

Where in the whole scriptures have you heard any apostles teaching about any law or tithing?

If you are under the law, you are under a course. If for any reason you fail to do according to all its precepts. Stop confusing yourself and imbibing erroneous teachings.
This are the kind of teachings that give the impression that men cannot make heaven.

Again I warn you, stop making light the sacrifice of christ.

As a Christian if you don't know the purpose of the law, then you have no business talking about this things.

It was God's deliberate move to stop every mouth, show men their guilt so they could accept Jesus.
If you don't have a need for something whether you accept it or not doesn't bother you.

You are not a Jew by geneology yet
If you research, you will find out they are no longer practicing tithing. Most importantly find out the reason for yourself.

Without the Holy Spirit, our religion (which is not yet qualified to be called Christianity) is in vain.

No mortal has the capacity to keep those laws. I can't say more, go and question your pastor.

Meanwhile have you noticed that in the five fold ministry gifts there is nothing like priest?

Am sure you are thinking it means same with pastor.

How comes none of the apostles taught this rubbish throughout the scriptures?
How come none of them paid tithe?
How comes none of them received tithes?

Titus and Timothy are referred to as the pastoral epistles, how comes there are no such instructions on tithe or the laws?

Study for yourself please.

Again don't stop tithing maybe untill or if ever you find out why?
In grace we are the blessed, we are not doing anything to get blessed (I tithed in the loins of Abraham, scripture says if I am Christ's then am Abraham's seed and heir according to the promise).

I give sacrificially with understanding, all I have belongs to God. The day you accept the law, you have also accepted the condemnation that comes with it
Re: Concerning Tithing, Do You Know This? by Judahudoh: 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2018
enilove:

Stop twisting the Bible.

Was there law when Abraham tithed ?

How could Jesus be addressing those he knew would never abolish the law ?

Did Jesus not agree that tithing is a must ?

BE HOLIER THAN THE PHARISEES .

Matthew 5:20-22 KJV
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
[21] Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
[22] But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

THE ABOVE IS HOW JESUS CAME TO FULFIL THE LAWS.

The Pharisees used to pay tithes , this Jesus consented to as a necessity.

Brother, Christ was showing them how to be righteous by the law on which they held so dearly.
When he said except your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees he was pointing to them the fact that the standard of righteousness which they believed was perfect was NOT enough.

When you say Christ affirmed it a must to tihe...
Do you remember that Jesus Christ attended the feast of passover? That according to your context will mean he said it's a must.
How many passover feasts have you attended? (scripture says he himself is our passover lamb).

What I mentioned in the repost about divorce which Christ made reference to is actually a question directed to you. Does that statement Christ made about divorce according to the law of Moses mean Christ has given a go-ahead for divorce in the church?

This is the reality: In the days Christ walked the face of this earth, the law was still intact, the transition happened that night he was crucified. You know the story. ...

He couldn't have taught them to practice what was not yet in place, One of the reasons he spoke mostly in parables when talking about heaven.

His work was to do the father's will and the fathers' will was salvation for mankind. This would not be a possibility for the jews if they were not convicted of their helpless state...

The ultimate purpose of all these was so that all will be convicted....
If you don't get this, it means am wasting my time.

For your first question, check Hebrews 11, If Abraham's act of tithing is not recorded there, then you should be able to realize that it is irrelevant to the new creation.
But for every act of faith recorded there, It will do you good to emulate.
Meanwhile the tithing was done to a priest that lives for ever as recorded in scriptures, you should recommend me such priest so I can go pay mine.
It is we who have encouraged respect of persons in church, prayer for tithes has to be longer...
Study Paul's teachings on giving and quit the defence.

enilove:

This other statement you made is a fallacy sir...

You wear clothes with different materials, cultivate farms with different plants, and worst of all you do not keep all the laws without breaking any.
Are you not cursed already?

John 3:23 - And this is his commandment,
That we should believe on the names of his son Jesus Christ and
Love one another as Christ commanded.

This was John the beloved speaking.
This men were jews, how comes they never taught or mentioned this things, who was stopping them?

The giving that Christ speaks of to be a DIRECT giving to God, how many times has it been preached to you in church?

According to Jesus, the father would say, when I was thirsty you gave me to drink...
And the question will be lord when did we see u thirsty.
You know the reply... When you did it to the least of your brothers, you did it TO ME.
How many times has this been a sermon in your church.

Have you not read of the practice where the early church would gather resources from everyone and share to people according to their needs?

Where and how was that practice lost in the church of Jesus Christ...?

You seem to know very little about the finished works of Christ....
It wasn't just for our sins alone that he died

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Can Jesus Really Die For Our Sins / Please Is Tomorrow Being Good Friday A Public Holiday or Not? / Solid Proof The UN Is Preparing For The Coming Of False Messiah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.