Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) (594 Views)

Eat Your Tithe!! The Bible Verse Most Pastors Won't Show You. / Here Is This The Truth About Tithe That Pastors Won't Tell You (photos) / If You Have Any Question Concerning Tithing, Ask. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by SuperWriter(f): 8:00am On Sep 25, 2022
In Deuteronomy 14:28-29 KJV

28: At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates.

29: And the Levite, (because he hath no inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come and shall eat and shall be satisfied; that the lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

This is part of the Bible your clerics won't tell you about tithing.

Cc: OAM4J Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Jashub: 8:02am On Sep 25, 2022
True talk . Yet some will say they are levites forgetting that this verse exists grin

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Righthussle: 8:03am On Sep 25, 2022
Weda na for Levites oh , pastors oh or bishops oh, shishi I deyngive again.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Arkmanbuddy(m): 9:02am On Sep 25, 2022
The major with today's Christians is that they're lazy to study the word on their own but would rather depend on their pastors' words.

There are about 3 kinds of tithing in the Bible: (1) The 3-year tithing which you pointed to; (2) The 7- year tithing which is given every 7th year; and (3) The yearly tithing which God commanded the children of Israel to bring to the tent of meeting every year. This yearly tithe wasn't to be given to the priest but to be shared to the whole people, to eat and drink in the presence of the Lord as a rememberance of their release from slavery in Egypt.

Today, you find Christians thinking they're under any obligation to give a tenth of their monthly income to their pastors.

Donate to the church as the spirit leads, not paying tithe to your pastor because he says God will not bless you if you don't.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 25, 2022
Shey be na person wey get go kuku drop grin
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by SuperWriter(f): 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2022
leody:
Shey be na person wey get go kuku drop grin

Lmao grin
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2022
Arkmanbuddy:
Donate to the church as the spirit leads, not paying tithe to your pastor because he says God will not bless you if you don't.

Actually, there tithe is for their pastor, so that it would make their pastor bless them and pray for them. So they are pursuing pastor's blessings and not God's own.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by SuperWriter(f): 7:38am On Oct 09, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Actually, there tithe is for their pastor, so that it would make their pastor bless them and pray for them. So they are pursuing pastor's blessings and not God's own.

Exactly.

People are now following their Pastor more than God.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by Dtruthspeaker: 7:46am On Oct 09, 2022
SuperWriter:

Exactly.

People are now following their Pastor more than God.

The Truth is that they do not want God but they want His blessings.

So they actually think that if they give to Pastor, then pastor would go up and collect blessings from God and then bring it down to give them. (And of course we al saw when pastors started telling them to bring everything, money, cars, land etc promising to give them blessings in return)

As if God does not see all these things! grin

And I am even more shocked that the pastor's customers are surprised that they have no blessings.

And after this, the former customers become anti-God aka atheist forgetting that they never wanted God in t6 the first place neither did they have Him in the first place.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by tot3ntanZz: 3:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hey! The Bible emphasizes the practice of tithing, which involves giving a tenth of one's income or possessions as an offering to God. The concept of tithing can be traced back to various Old Testament scriptures, such as Genesis 14:20 and Leviticus 27:30, where it was a sign of gratitude and acknowledgment of God's provision. In the New Testament, Jesus also mentioned tithing, urging its observance along with the weightier matters of justice and mercy (Matthew 23:23).
By the way, if you want to become a more enlightened Christian and be closer to God, you should visit this website https://biblesays.ai/ where you can find out what the Bible says about certain things. I hope you find my answer helpful!
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 6:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
SuperWriter:
In Deuteronomy 14:28-29 KJV

28: At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates.

29: And the Levite, (because he hath no inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come and shall eat and shall be satisfied; that the lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

This is part of the Bible your clerics won't tell you about tithing.

Cc: OAM4J Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlala

Tithes, prayers, fasting.... cannot be explained with only one verse of the Bible. Do more research and be honest.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by vdestro: 6:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Another person pained by tithes.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
Tithes, prayers, fasting.... cannot be explained with only one verse of the Bible. Do more research and be honest.
Do more research and be honest about specifically what please

vdestro:
Another person pained by tithes.
Please explain what 'Another person pained by tithes' means please

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
NNTR:
Do more research and be honest about specifically what please

Please explain what 'Another person pained by tithes' means please

I stand by my own contribution but that of destroy, I didn't follow his line of argument.

Tithing cannot be explained by only one passage.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
I stand by my own contribution
Not familiar with what your stand is (i.e. own contribution), so please be kind enough to enumerate a summary of what it is

MightySparrow:
but that of destroy, I didn't follow his line of argument.
Destroy what?
I doubt he put any specific argument, aside advancing verse(s) that most clergies are averse to

MightySparrow:
ITithing cannot be explained by only one passage.
2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time that I am visiting you.
EVERY FACT SHALL BE SUSTAINED and CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.

Its not only tithe that requires to be proved true or refuted by at least two or three witnesses.

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2023
NNTR:
Not familiar with what your stand is (i.e. own contribution), so please be kind enough to enumerate a summary of what it is

Destroy what?
I doubt he put any specific argument, aside advancing verse(s) that most clergies are averse to

2 Corinthians 13:1
This is the third time that I am visiting you.
EVERY FACT SHALL BE SUSTAINED and CONFIRMED BY THE TESTIMONY OF TWO OR THREE WITNESSES.

Its not only tithe that requires to be proved true or refuted by at least two or three witnesses.

Third year of tithing for whom and what condition?
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:41pm On Aug 01, 2023
Enough of this back and forth argument if your religion demands tithing go and pay! smiley
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 10:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
MightySparrow:
Third year of tithing for whom and what condition?
I am not clear how you mean 'Third year of tithing for whom and what condition'

Fact is, God at Deuteronomy 14:28-29, was stipulating to the Israelites, how to dispense the third year of tithing, specifying whom and what condition(s) are to be met.

So, OP is right that Deuteronomy 14:28-29 is one part of the Bible that clerics rather is torn out so they won't have tell about that sort of tithing.

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 11:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
NNTR:
I am not clear how you mean 'Third year of tithing for whom and what condition'

Fact is, God at Deuteronomy 14:28-29, was stipulating to the Israelites, how to dispense the third year of tithing, specifying whom and what condition(s) are to be met.

So, OP is right that Deuteronomy 14:28-29 is one part of the Bible that clerics rather is torn out so they won't have tell about that sort of tithing.

Read the place very well and compare it with Leviticus 27 . You would discover that tithes were not always paid every third year. The portion you qouted was for people who were not around where their priests were. The same was applicable to Temple and synagogues. Synagogues were built such that they faced the temple anywhere there was Jewish communities.

So, because tithes were compulsory, it must be separated, giving to the poor, or consumed by immediate family or burnt.

A prayer of commitment follows. Read the portion very well, look for other portions and compare. You know the Bible records continious revelation. It wasn't like revelations of Quran. It was given over millennia by several authors.

So to lift a portion or a book to generalize will only bring errors.

Malachi, several millennia from the outset of tithing wrote about it ditto Jesus and Paul.
If you want to be a scholar, arm yourself with facts.
Cheers
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
MightySparrow:
Read the place very well and compare it with Leviticus 27 . You would discover that tithes were not always paid every third year. The portion you qouted was for people who were not around where their priests were.
1a. Who are the people?
1b. Whats the identity of these people?
2. Who are the priests?
2b. Whats the identity of these priests?
3. Type here a list of manners of tithes that you're aware of

MightySparrow:
The same was applicable to Temple and synagogues. Synagogues were built such that they faced the temple anywhere there was Jewish communities.
I am convinced you know and accept that every era has its significance, and that we currently are living, not only, under a different dispensation, but a very special dispensation, for that matter too

MightySparrow:
So, because tithes were compulsory, it must be separated, giving to the poor, or consumed by immediate family or burnt.
I dont see original poster (i.e. SuperWriter) nor anyone else contesting any of these facts you've advanced here

MightySparrow:
A prayer of commitment follows. Read the portion very well, look for other portions and compare. You know the Bible records continious revelation. It wasn't like revelations of Quran. It was given over millennia by several authors.

So to lift a portion or a book to generalize will only bring errors.
Truth doesnt become error, just because you dont see truth (i.e. The original post is absent of error)

MightySparrow:
Malachi, several millennia from the outset of tithing wrote about it ditto Jesus and Paul.
1 Samuel 8:15-18
15And he will take the tithe of your seeds and your vineyards,
and give it to his eunuchs, and to his servants.
16And he will take your servants, and your handmaids,
and your good herds and your asses, and will take the tenth of them for his works.
17And he will tithe your flocks; and ye shall be his servants.
18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king whom ye have chosen to yourselves,
and the Lord shall not hear you in those days, because ye have chosen to yourselves a king.

Absolutely, even the pagans, neighbouring the Israelites, whom they wanted to copy, were already practising tithe.

Each one of those pagans, doing this practice, must have turned out stinkingly rich. Hmm.

Fact is, tithing, originated from a Mesopotamia practice, incidentally, that prevailed pre and post the Abraham's living days (i.e. even before Malachi, was born, to several millennia from the outset of tithing, to wrote about it, ditto Jesus, who by the way, sparingly commented on a version of tithing. As for Paul, he stayed well clear of the subject)

MightySparrow:
If you want to be a scholar, arm yourself with facts.
Cheers
This kind post isnt for under age
Even people wey old, dey shalaye
I came, I saw and I conquer, yeah
Ẹni mọ iwe ay, ah, lọ mọ iwe ay

If you want to go gung ho with this, be a scholar and arm yourself with facts, then share, what specifically gave God the temerity, to demand from Israel, the tenth of the land’s produce, whether grain from the ground or fruit from the trees, and a tenth of the entire herd and flock?
Lets see you cut the mustard.

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
NNTR:
1a. Who are the people?
2. Who are the priests?
3. Type here a list of manners of tithes that you're aware of

I am convinced you know and accept that every era has its significance, and that we currently are living, not only, under a different dispensation, but a very special dispensation, for that matter too

I dont see original poster (i.e. SuperWriter) nor anyone else contesting any of these facts you've advanced here

Truth doesnt become error, just because you dont see truth (i.e. The original post is absent of error)

1 Samuel 8:15-18
15And he will take the tithe of your seeds and your vineyards,
and give it to his eunuchs, and to his servants.
16And he will take your servants, and your handmaids,
and your good herds and your asses, and will take the tenth of them for his works.
17And he will tithe your flocks; and ye shall be his servants.
18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king whom ye have chosen to yourselves,
and the Lord shall not hear you in those days, because ye have chosen to yourselves a king.

Absolutely, even the pagans, neighbouring the Israelites, whom they wanted to copy, were already practising tithe.

Each one of those pagans, doing this practice, must have turned out stinkingly rich. Hmm.

Fact is, tithing, originated from a Mesopotamia practice, incidentally, that prevailed pre and post the Abraham's living days (i.e. even before Malachi, was born, to several millennia from the outset of tithing, to wrote about it, ditto Jesus, who by the way, sparingly commented on a version of tithing. As for Paul, he stayed well clear of the subject)

This kind post isnt for under age
Even people wey old, dey shalaye
I came, I saw and I conquer, yeah
Ẹni mọ iwe ay, ah, lọ mọ iwe ay

If you want to go gung ho with this, be a scholar and arm yourself with facts, then share, what specifically gave God the temerity, to demand from Israel, the tenth of the land’s produce, whether grain from the ground or fruit from the trees, and a tenth of the entire herd and flock?
Lets see you cut the mustard.

So the king's that would take their tithes have replaced the priests?

God was registering His displeasure against self rule by the children of Israel not to nullify the part given to priests. An additional tax.

How is this dispensation opposing tithing?

God always make his people to pass through developed civilizations to showcase His power and agenda since the Fall of man.
Sacrifice, prayers, tithing, covenants didn't not originate from God. Since these were developed to seek Him and to live together, He came down to our level and accepted them.

Read Gen.17. for instance, God is like taking permission from Abraham to be his God and of his generation.
Genesis 17:7
[7]And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

So these became standards. The only one that God originated was killing of animal to cover the unclothedness of man. The theologians take it to mean sacrifice for sin. If so, it was still his idea to offer His Son to take care of that. Yet we still pray, give to God (offerings), vows or pledges. Nobody asked Abraham, Isaac or Jacob to give tithes. It became part of the Law. Simple prayer became prayers with vows. Covenant became communion etc
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
MightySparrow:
So the king's that would take their tithes have replaced the priests?

God was registering His displeasure against self rule by the children of Israel not to nullify the part given to priests. An additional tax.

How is this dispensation opposing tithing?

God always make his people to pass through developed civilizations to showcase His power and agenda since the Fall of man.
Sacrifice, prayers, tithing, covenants didn't not originate from God. Since these were developed to seek Him and to live together, He came down to our level and accepted them.

Read Gen.15. for instance, God is like taking permission from Abraham to be his God and of generation.

So these became standards. The only one that God originated was killing of animal to cover the unclothedness of man. The theologians take it to mean sacrifice for sin. If so, it was still his idea to offer His Son to take care of that. Yet we still pray, give to God (offerings), vows or pledges. Nobody asked Abraham, Isaac or Jacob to give tithes. It became part of the Law. Simple prayer became prayers with vows. Covenant became communion etc
Peace, is better than being right, and seeing that you practice selective reading and strawmanning, best I unfollow this thread

If you decide to give direct responses to each one of the questions asked you, then I'll gladly find way back

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 6:06am On Aug 03, 2023
NNTR:
Peace, is better than being right, and seeing that you practice selective reading and strawmanning, best I unfollow this thread

If you decide to give direct responses to each one of the questions asked you, then I'll gladly find way back

Which of the analysis I made is wrong?
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 8:11am On Aug 03, 2023
MightySparrow:
Read the place very well and compare it with Leviticus 27 . You would discover that tithes were not always paid every third year. The portion you qouted was for people who were not around where their priests were. The same was applicable to Temple and synagogues. Synagogues were built such that they faced the temple anywhere there was Jewish communities.

NNTR:
1a. Who are the people?
2. Who are the priests?
3. Type here a list of all manners of tithes that you're aware of (i.e. their names or designations)

MightySparrow:
Which of the analysis I made is wrong?
We havent even gotten to a stage to have analysis yet, as you didnt provide info to the above four questions

Bonus question:
Does tithing make the tither financially rich, wealthy, not afflicted with sickness, ailments suffering et cetera?

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 8:26am On Aug 03, 2023
NNTR:

We havent even gotten to a stage to have analysis yet, as you didnt provide info to the above four questions

Bonus question:
Does tithing make the tither financially rich, wealthy, not afflicted with sickness, ailments suffering et cetera?

That is not the issue. It is a form of Thanksgiving originally. It originated from Abraham not God. It was later commanded by God. Just a prayer originated from man in the time of Seth. There are so many narratives about prayers today.

So whether you get anything back is another issues. The real thing is once you give your tithes, forget about it.
It is a religious obligation.

I think why people argume about it is something leaving them. They don't question prayers. So far you submit yourself to worship a god, you must give something without asking questions. Why Christianity by Christians?

I have not seen any Muslims questioning zakat. I beg fault my argument on tithing.
Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by NNTR: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2023
MightySparrow:
That is not the issue. It is a form of Thanksgiving originally. It originated from Abraham not God. It was later commanded by God. Just a prayer originated from man in the time of Seth. There are so many narratives about prayers today.

So whether you get anything back is another issues. The real thing is once you give your tithes, forget about it.
It is a religious obligation.

I think why people argume about it is something leaving them. They don't question prayers. So far you submit yourself to worship a god, you must give something without asking questions. Why Christianity by Christians?

I have not seen any Muslims questioning zakat. I beg fault my argument on tithing.
Bro, brother, there you go off on a tangent again, with your selective reading and strawmanning once more.

Lets try another way:
1. Was tithing ever practised by anyone during the time and before when Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek? Yes or No?
2. What specifically gave God the temerity, to demand from Israel, the tenth of the land’s produce, whether grain from the ground or fruit from the trees, and a tenth of the entire herd and flock? (i.e. Lets see you cut the mustard here)
3. Name a giving principle that is better, stronger, superior, more powerful than tithing. Support your answer with a backing bible verse please
4. Have pagans ever in time immemorial tithed?
5. Was Abram ever at one stage of his life, an idol worshipper? Yes or No?

Re: What The Bible Say Concerning Tithing (pastors Won't Tell You This) by MightySparrow: 9:26am On Aug 03, 2023
NNTR:
Bro, brother, there you go off on a tangent again, with your selective reading and strawmanning once more.

Lets try another way:
1. Was tithing ever practised by anyone during the time and before when Abraham gave tithe to Melchizedek? Yes or No?
2. What specifically gave God the temerity, to demand from Israel, the tenth of the land’s produce, whether grain from the ground or fruit from the trees, and a tenth of the entire herd and flock? (i.e. Lets see you cut the mustard here)
3. Name a giving principle that is better, stronger, superior, more powerful than tithing. Support your answer with a backing bible verse please
4. Have pagans ever in time immemorial tithed?
5. Was Abram ever at one stage of his life, an idol worshipper? Yes or No?

Well
1. In the Bible, no record. My answer is No.
2. For the priests upkeep
.3. I don't know any.
4. I don't know

My own opinion: all spiritual communities do the same things. Which copy from which is not as important as doing it.

Money is spent all over the world. Each is made with paper now, with different materials with human civilizations.

You see my own observation from reading the Bible is that after being ousted from Eden, man was looking for God the ways they thought good. When God decided to be responding to man, He was using what they already knew: sacrifices, altars, covenants......
None of these originated from God. Atimes they miss It. Roman chapters 1 & 2 talks extensively about these things.

Christianity evolved from Eden to the Upper Room.
So trying to make Judaism, Christianity or related faiths isolated is never justified or justifiable by the Bible or other Jewish writs.

(1) (Reply)

With The Stories You Have Heard, Do You Believe Reincarnation Is Real? / Alcohol Is Medicinal, God Created It – Fr Oluoma Says As He Quotes Bible / My Encounter With A Destined Head Of Witches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.