Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo (1187 Views)

SHOCKER! Mike Adenuga’s Glo In Serious Debt Mess! Alcatel Drops Glo Over Unpaid / THE TECNO PHANTOM Z WILL SAVE TECNO THIS TIME. / Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 3:31pm On Jul 28, 2010
A little over 2 weeks ago I got an sms message from a glo number 5471018896

"My heart skips a bit everytime I miss u". This was followed by a series of calls. Being an unfamiliar number I felt its someone I know trying to be mysterious. Two can play the game, so I ignored it (after deleting message of course).

A few hours after this, 'hi lets share some talks (sic) that we can lock in our memories'. Others were to follow 'I wanna hold close (sic) to my heart be my frendz (sic) plz, etc. I contd to ignore these messages (along side annoying flashes) for a full week thinking when this person gets tired he or she will show self.

The frustration became too much when I was woken up one morning at 6:25am by another flash from this strange number. This time, I was really pis.sed and decided to put an end to it all. I dial the number and an automated voice tells me you are now being connected to your 'friend'.

My 'friend' on the other hand turned out to be a strange thickly accented male who is just as frustrated as I am. Of course the call will be charged to me. It was then I realized that this is all a marketing strategy of glo. I had not at anytime knowingly or unknowingly subscribed to their service. In a more civilized clime I would have got my self an intelligent lawyer and see how I can make some money out of them. But I cant hope to make a dimme out of them this being Nigeria and also the sim card is not one I can just throw in the bin. These days I get 20 maybe 30 calls and messages on any given day.

I have found that different lines are used to perpetrate this act-5471214089,5471212415 etc a fact that wasnt obvious to me at first because I didnt save number.

How can I get out of this. I will appreciate useful advice from anyone. Another sms just came in- 'what's up', 'what's your job' (more than 10 times)
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2010
'baby, you must be a bomb. So give me a chance to explore it'
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2010
I think they have problem with their network cuz i have not been able to send messages for some time now.
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2010
^^^^How come I that's not on their network am getting all these messages.
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2010
"Which phone u r (sic)using"
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
Its incredible to think some pple are getting paid top-dollar for this 'bush' marketing in a multinational gsm company
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by bolseas(f): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2010
i received the same messages on my Glo line, and i never for once replied.

the most annoying part is when the 547xxx number start flashing, that nonsense has stopped bcs i ignored them.

try to ignore the calls and also delete the sms.
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2010
bolseas:

i received the same messages on my Glo line, and i never for once replied.

the most annoying part is when the 547xxx number start flashing, that nonsense has stopped bcs i ignored them.

try to ignore the calls and also delete the sms.

Gaddem!!! Someone told me its etisalat. Glo of all networks! Thanks mate.

Glo is very sue-able. Lawyers in the house I am open to suggestions. There is money to be made. I want Adenuga's balls on banana peels
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by stormm: 7:25am On Jul 30, 2010
@ Poster

Glo or etisalat? Clarify pls
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by bolseas(f): 8:52am On Jul 30, 2010
maybe the op received those calls and text on his etisalat line.

i dont have etisalat. i received those texts and calls on my GLO line.
Re: Who Will Save Me From Adenuga's Glo by Pennywise(m): 3:55pm On Aug 02, 2010
stormm:

@ Poster

Glo or etisalat? Clarify pls

I have tried to clarify this. Someone I complained to outside NL regarding a certain obnoxious GSM network with nos beginning with 547. . .  was confident it is etisalat. I have since known better on NL. It is Adenuga's Glo.

Are you a lawyer? Are you interested in taking up the case?

(1) (Reply)

My Nokia E71 Got Stolen / Etisalat Are CRIMINAL. My Airtime Is No Where To Be Found / Etisalat Double Recharge Bonanza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.