Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,758 members, 7,955,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:45 PM

Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion (417 Views)

Boko Haram: NAF Pounds Sect In Metele, Location Of Deadly Attack On Soldiers / Videos, Pictures Of Killing Of Soldiers In Metele Doctored By Terrorist - Army / Boko Haram Kills 70 Soldiers In Metele, Borno State - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 28, 2018
Having read and pondered the sad news of soldiers massacred by Boko Haram, one thing stands out and confuses the heck out of me. Trust me, this is not an isolated issue, as it's been repeated elsewhere in other countries.

I read reports of Boko Haram carting away heavy weapons, raiding the ammoury (which suggests bullets, bombs, explosives, etc, in working condition) and other like things. Then, I read of soldiers complaining that they were not given the tools to defend themselves, or were issued obsolete weapons. To boot, they were apparently notified at least one hour before the attack happened, giving any army on war notice, time to arm up and be ready to repel anyone foolhardy enough to engage an army base.

Questions arising.

1. Why didn't the soldiers use these, obviously working weapons, to finish off these treasonous rebels? Else, why would BH have any interest in them?

2. Why didn't they booby-trap the weapons left behind, to leave a nasty surprise for BH as they fled the base?

3. Why didn't they, the army, render the weapons useless if booby-trapping them was unfeasible during the time for evacuation of the base? Call me simplistic, but wouldn't a few well placed landmines amongst the explosive ordinances have done the job?

4. No one army never gets defeated. Was there no discussion and exercise on how to retreat? From all reports coming in, it appears that the base was so fortified it became a deathtrap.

Now, you may read this and start to castigate me, calling me names for heaping blame on the gallant soldiers who lost their lives. For the avoidance of doubt, let the following questions show you to whom my anger is directed at.

5. Who are the commanding officers at Metele Army Base?

6. Did they ever think to implement any of the suggestions I asked above? Yes? Can we see the logged records?

7. It may be early, but are court martial proceedings underway? You don't get your base overrun in such shambolic manners and you go scot-free in saner climes. Are they being held to account?

8. With all the tales of malfunctioning, obsolete, and practically useless weapons issued to the soldiers, can we know who was in charge of weapons acquisition?

9. What were purchased with all the billions allocated for such?

I can ask a thousand more such questions, but also importantly, are the one I have to ask you my readers.

10. What are you doing about this?

11. Will you read, nod your head and go your way?

12. Or will you "leave it to God" as is the Nigerian way?

13. When will you hold your leaders to account?

14. When will you wake up from your slumber? Your mumu never do?

Until we provide concrete answers to the above, the Boko Haram currently residing in the North of Nigeria, will one day knock on your door, bring you out of your house and ask why you are disrespectful to the flag of Nigeria.

Oh, I don't mean the Green-White-Green one you currently recognise. I mean the black one with arabic scribblings on it. Then, too late, but then, you may ponder these questions as I have asked.
Re: Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion by JohnFrankling(m): 5:15am On Nov 28, 2018
Cows where not involved so somebody is deaf.
Re: Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion by seunlayi(m): 5:30am On Nov 28, 2018
Thank you op, I took all this metele thing as a drama but yesterday, I sat and thought of it all. My bro, this is a disgrace, naija has failed
Re: Metele Base Attack - A State Of Confusion by Racoon(m): 5:31am On Nov 28, 2018
5. Who are the commanding officer at Metele Army Base?
Late Lt.Col Ibrahim Sakaba.Respect and rest on sir.
Meanwhile the Buhari government is to be blame for politicizing, down playing and being deceptive about the severity of the self-inflicted BH scourge.

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerian Products Are Rejected Abroad – FG / Gov. Ajimobi And Wife Celebrate 38th Year Wedding Anniversary / Who Would Have Shed His Blood For Jonathan's Ambition?- Dr Olufon.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.