Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,078 members, 7,811,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:50 PM

States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months (5913 Views)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / "Peter Obi Won 19 States, FCT In iREV Portal Collation" - Obidients / Nigeria's 36 States & FCT Ranked In Order Of Land Mass: Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by HardcoreEdoman: 8:45am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Ibos think I'm yoruba, youbas think I'm ibo.
I'm who I am. Rivers to the core.
what tribe?
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2018
HardcoreEdoman:
what tribe?

Not important.

1 Like

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by ArmedRobber: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

grin grin grin
they re only good in chest beating .despite the fact that majority of them re traders they dont pay tax on add any value to their govt thats why their igr is only compare to north east region
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by farem: 8:55am On Nov 28, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
https://dailytimes.ng/states-fct-igr-hit-n579-490bn-in-6-months/....
Abia, Anambra, Benue, Taraba, Kebbi, Kwara, Ebonyi and Enugu, recorded a decline in 2018 H1.

NCAN, una food! Who see the base of the then most promising presidential hopeful? Maybe it's caused by Kwaraption. I no talk anything o
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 28, 2018
ArmedRobber:
they re only good in chest beating .despite the fact that majority of them re traders they dont pay tax on add any value to their govt thats why their igr is only compare to north east region

How much will a petty trader pay as task?
Even with their claim of having 6 million millionaires in Anambra, plus having the highest number of billionaires in the country, yet nothing can be shown in their states.

1 Like

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by wink2015(m): 9:13am On Nov 28, 2018
Delta state will not be among the list of rising IGR because JAMES IBORI, EMMANUEL UDUAGHAN AND IFEANYI OKOWA never created the necessary infrastructure for the states to attain this position.

The sea port at Warri, Koko, etc are not working.

James Ibori and Uduaghan connived to force SHELL out of Warri.

Port Harcourt River state is now benefiting from SHELL and other oil companies.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by ArmedRobber: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Even with their claim of having 6 million millionaires in Anambra, plus having the highest number of billionaires in the country, yet nothing can be shown in their states.
exactly my thought .how can a tribe that claim south east region has highest number of millionaires and billionaires in the country yet their igr is nothing. it seems all these claims re figment of imagination and they re too poor to pay tax grin

1 Like

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by FlyoruB: 9:19am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

There are two ways you can bust their lies anytime they claim to be the ones responsible for the taxes generated in other states due to their trading activities.

(1)As the saying goes, 'You cant give what you don't have'. Their own states have some of the lowest igr in the country in spite of them having markets in every nook and cranny of their states. Obviously all the taxes their governors are taxing their traders in commercial and industrial centres like Onitsha, Aba, etc amounts to peanuts at the end of the day, which is reflected in the low igr from there.

(2)The report clearly states that most of the igr (as much as 70%) comes from payee, which obviously is gotten from workers in the formal sectors who receive salaries (e.g oil companies workers, industry workers, insurance company workers, bankers, telecoms workers, civil servants working at ministries and parastatal, etc), and not informal sector petty traders who are fond of evading payee taxes by using the excuse of their workers being 'apprentices' to avoid remitting those taxes.

If igr was dependent on petty trading, Onitsha and Aba would lead the way on the account of all the 2x2 shops that litter them as commercial centers.

6 Likes

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by farem: 9:23am On Nov 28, 2018
ArmedRobber:
exactly my thought .how can a tribe that claim south east region has highest number of millionaires and billionaires in the country yet their igr is nothing. it seems all these claims re figment of imagination and they re too poor to pay tax grin

It may not be wrong, the only thing with my people is they are individualistic in attitude. They don't join hands to build anything for all.
If not for that Republican nature, South East would have been the best of all
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Tundeobama(m): 9:30am On Nov 28, 2018
The obvious truth south East is so poor as a region.
South west
Soutg south
North Central
South East
Thats why they even flee from that region
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by alizma: 9:36am On Nov 28, 2018
ehinmowo:
Nigeria is indeed a very poor country. The whole states of the federation cannot $2bn in 3 months. Something needs to be done. This country cannot continue like this.
if you think the country is poor, wait until you hear how much an individual stole. Diazani is still in exile, adore is no where to be found Tompolo and co are hiding in neighboring states
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Warship: 9:42am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Ibos think I'm yoruba, youbas think I'm ibo. I'm who I am. Rivers to the core.
Educated illiterates like you don't know that Rivers is not an ethnic group.

Tell us your ethnic group and stop mentioning Rivers.

1 Like

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by djevino(m): 9:50am On Nov 28, 2018
Warship:

You dey mind the clown..
You can only see him comments on thread relating to the Igbos

1 Like

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by AnyoneButAtiku: 9:54am On Nov 28, 2018
N540Bn recovered as a result of the whistle blower policy, and now N579Bn generated in 6 months.
If this is not an indication that Nigeria still has a long way to go, I really don't know what is.

By the way, anyone campaigning for a politician with known antecedents for corruption is an enemy of progress.

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua
Say no to #Lootocrats

1 Like 1 Share

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by ArmedRobber: 9:55am On Nov 28, 2018
farem:

It may not be wrong, the only thing with my people is they are individualistic in attitude. They don't join hands to build anything for all.
If not for that Republican nature, South East would have been the best of all
it doesnt add up. the truth is majority of self acclaim millionaires re just mere traders that come online to boast .
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 28, 2018
Warship:

Finally they have arrived, the chest beaters from the landlocked, barren red mud of the SE. Welcome!
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:
N540Bn recovered as a result of the whistle blower policy, and now N579Bn generated in 6 months.
If this is not an indication that Nigeria still has a long way to go, I really don't know what is.

By the way, anyone campaigning for a politician with known antecedents for corruption is an enemy of progress.

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua
Say no to #Lootocrats

Who is this mumu?
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 28, 2018
djevino:

You dey mind the clown..
You can only see him comments on thread relating to the Igbos

Another chest beater spotted. They are coming out one by one. Shame no dey catch una.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 28, 2018
FlyoruB:

There are two ways you can bust their lies anytime they claim to be the ones responsible for the taxes generated in other states due to their trading activities.

(1)As the saying goes, 'You cant give what you don't have'. Their own states have some of the lowest igr in the country in spite of them having markets in every nook and cranny of their states. Obviously all the taxes their governors are taxing their traders in commercial and industrial centres like Onitsha, Aba, etc amounts to peanuts at the end of the day, which is reflected in the low igr from there.

(2)The report clearly states that most of the igr (as much as 70%) comes from payee, which obviously is gotten from workers in the formal sectors who receive salaries (e.g oil companies workers, industry workers, insurance company workers, bankers, telecoms workers, civil servants working at ministries and parastatal, etc), and not informal sector petty traders who are fond of evading payee taxes by using the excuse of their workers being 'apprentices' to avoid remitting those taxes.

If igr was dependent on petty trading, Onitsha and Aba would lead the way on the account of all the 2x2 shops that litter them as commercial centers.

IGR is based on everything a state can generate. Be it formal or petty trade.
Let's not be petty in our reasoning.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 28, 2018
Warship:

See as my ethnicity dey give this one migraine grin grin
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by FlyoruB: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

IGR is based on everything a state can generate. Be it formal or petty trade.
Let's not be petty in our reasoning.

That is not the crux of my point. My point was based on their false claim that their folks (mainly traders) are responsible for the bulk of IGR generated in other states. I don't know about your state, but in Lagos for instance, igbos are predominantly traders, and factually do not account for nearly as much of the state's IGR as they like to claim based on their trading activities, but rather the state's IGR comes mainly from PAY-AS-YOU-EARN (Paye). Below is an excerpt of the report where it clearly gives an breakdown of the figures:

The revenues generated by the states came mainly from Pay-As-You-Earn Tax (N352.509 billion), Direct Assessment (N26.293 billion), Road Taxes (N11.681 billion), Other Taxes (N84.033 billion) and revenues from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (N104.972 billion).

2 Likes

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 28, 2018
FlyoruB:

That is not the crux of my point. My point was based on their false claim that their folks (mainly traders) are responsible for the bulk of IGR generated in other states. I don't know about your state, but in Lagos for instance, igbos are predominantly traders, and factually do not account for nearly as much of the state's IGR as they like to claim based on their trading activities, but rather the state's IGR comes mainly from PAY-AS-YOU-EARN (Paye). Below is an excerpt of the report where it clearly gives an breakdown of the figures:

The IGR came "MAINLY", but not ONLY grin
Meaning the tax from the ibo traders is insignificant to the overall IGR of the state, since it's not a major contributor to the IGR.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by FlyoruB: 10:27am On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

The IGR came "MAINLY", but not ONLY grin

My point exactly. They like to claim to be the 'main' contributors to Lagos igr on account of their trading activities, which is based on falsehood.

3 Likes

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 28, 2018
FlyoruB:

My point exactly. They like to claim to be the 'main' contributors to Lagos igr on account of their trading activities, which is based on falsehood.

Same thing they claim here in Port Harcourt oo.
They keep claiming and watch others grow while they decline.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by mercyville: 10:52am On Nov 28, 2018
What?

2 Likes

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by ArmedRobber: 11:22am On Nov 28, 2018
mercyville:
What?
re u suprised??
South east region is the poorest region in southern Nigeria thats why they flood west south and north for greener pasture

2 Likes

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by mercyville: 12:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
ArmedRobber:
re u suprised??
South east region is the poorest region in southern Nigeria thats why they flood west south and north for greener pasture

I know.I am just surprised they have gone down tremendously.
Bra Sukueku must not hear this o.

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by ArmedRobber: 12:32pm On Nov 28, 2018
mercyville:

I know.I am just surprised they have gone down tremendously.
Bra Sukueku must not hear this.
grin sshhh they will call the supreme leader of biafra-ud republic for you oo

Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by sogodihno: 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2018
ugosample or what is his name again. come and see ur region o, the poorest in Nigeria. Chai
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by AnyoneButAtiku: 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Who is this mumu?

I don't waste my time with nitwits.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Volksfuhrer(m): 1:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
Warship:

The insult was needless.
Re: States, FCT IGR Hit N579.490bn In 6 Months by Ugosample(m): 2:34pm On Nov 28, 2018
sogodihno:
ugosample or what is his name again. come and see ur region o, the poorest in Nigeria. Chai

this guy again undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Taraba Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, No Victim Compensated / Oyo Releases ₦30m For Burial Of Ex-governor / Nigerian Troops Begin Withdrawal From Mali Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.