Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Random Questions & Answers - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Random Questions & Answers (6079 Views)

All Job Interview Questions/answers Covered - Get The Free Ebook / DOWNLOAD “ACCA PAST EXAMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS” @ ₦0.00 / 50 Interview Questions/answers That Will Help You Succeed In That Interview. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Questions & Answers by nitrogen(m): 11:41pm On Apr 11, 2011
Anyway, Pls just suggest wat wil be okay for me as per my career(accountancy), i need it cos am partialy confused right now.lest i forget, am nt loaded o,am an average nigerian. Thanks and God bless
Re: Random Questions & Answers by AjanleKoko: 12:32am On Apr 12, 2011
^^
Just do ICAN. It's cheap and recognised in Nigeria. If you have a little more money, go for ACCA, as that comes with a degree in accounting from Oxford Brookes University, UK, when you qualify.

No amount of money is too small when it comes to investing in yourself.
Re: Random Questions & Answers by nitrogen(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12, 2011
Thanks
Re: Random Questions & Answers by marjo: 5:30pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am an HR professional and have been wondering seriously about these project mgt certifications - they seem to be the "in-thing". what do you think of them given my career path. i am torn between just doing one of those certificate courses as against a full PMP certification. what do you think? and which organisation would you recommend. thanks
Re: Random Questions & Answers by AjanleKoko: 7:20pm On Apr 12, 2011
^^
I don't really think you need to. 'Need' being the operative word here.
However, it's always good to exercise your brain and add a new certification to your CV. If that's not your objective, find a short course in project management, or read a book. Cheers.
Re: Random Questions & Answers by doziej84: 8:35pm On Apr 19, 2011
@Ajanlekoko, i have a Bsc in physics/Geophysics (2.1). i intend getting into oil & gas, but then there seems to be no professional certifications when it comes to geology or geophysics.
ive just enrolled for my msc in a nigerian institution but would want to enquire if u know of any top-notch professional certifications that can enable one one ease in easily into oil & gas. safety (HSE) seems to be overrated and overpopulated nowadays.

thnks for creating this thred, ur contributions have been insightful
Re: Random Questions & Answers by AjanleKoko: 8:45pm On Apr 19, 2011
doziej84:

@Ajanlekoko, i have a Bsc in physics/Geophysics (2.1). i intend getting into oil & gas, but then there seems to be no professional certifications when it comes to geology or geophysics.
ive just enrolled for my msc in a nigerian institution but would want to enquire if u know of any top-notch professional certifications that can enable one one ease in easily into oil & gas. safety (HSE) seems to be overrated and overpopulated nowadays.

thnks for creating this thred, your contributions have been insightful

I don't think certification will work for you. I don't think it makes any difference in the oil industry.
Just do your masters, and keep looking out for geology opportunities with smaller firms, to get the experience. Keep your eyes out for the oil majors, they regularly recruit, every other year or so. Just stay positive.
Re: Random Questions & Answers by Nobody: 9:03am On May 05, 2011
@aj, pls help. I have a bsc petroleum engr 5yrs ago, did my nysc at nnpc depot. from there cos of no job, i got work for 4months as a mktin exec in a telecom coy, after which i moved to bank for 9months, but due 2 d fin. crisis i lost my job. I am tinkin of a msc in geophysics or process engr, but am scared of being too 'narrow', and also cos i dont hav engr work experience except during my I.T in a borehole&constructn coy. What do u tink?
Re: Random Questions & Answers by Jarus(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2011
@Nitrogen,
MBA without experience will not fetch you low, not to talk of middle level management position, no matter how hot you are, except of course, you are CEO's son.

At best 2nd level in the organization. But with as little as 3 years experience pre-MBA plus an MBA from a top-rate school, you may be considered for low level mgt position,subject to posting very convicing showing at interview. But even at that, rule out this in MNCs and some other highly structured organizations.
Re: Random Questions & Answers by DisGuy: 3:47pm On May 07, 2011
marjo:

I am an HR professional and have been wondering seriously about these project mgt certifications - they seem to be the "in-thing". what do you think of them given my career path. i am torn between just doing one of those certificate courses as against a full PMP certification. what do you think? and which organisation would you recommend. thanks

an HR professional asking question concerning his own career path, shouldnt you be the one answering questions smiley
Re: Random Questions & Answers by Jarus(m): 9:09am On May 09, 2011
^^^^

I tire o
Re: Random Questions & Answers by okeyz(m): 12:40pm On May 09, 2011
^^^ grin

u guys should help him out na, after all the thread is about random questions and answers,
this is one of the random questions,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Oil Expatriates Highest Paid In The World / Architectural Model Making.. It's Importance In The Development Industry. / Nscdc Recruitment Duration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.